Bard instrument skill-ups

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rakete, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Fluid Augur

IMHO: One of the counter productive things about grouping. Leveling rate is typically increased but there are some sacrifices made. When done right everyone falls into a role which limits some of the handy stuff to have. For instance, a Cleric will spend most of their time healing and buffing which makes their combat skills lag behind everything else. Ditto for a Bard in that they probably won't be the main tank but expected to play their group buff songs which makes things like Dodge fall behind.

Would be nice if it was put into the ~learn by watching category like languages. The Warrior main tank ripostes, the Ranger learns riposte. It would probably need some checks to make sure the learning by watching character was actually live.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

How is this even a big deal? The bard doesn't even need to duel or hit a pet.

Want your skills to level up with levels? Just go grind light blues and drain mob mana... that's the trade off. You can level really fast on agnarr and that's a good thing.
  3. Fhiele Augur

My combat skills are maxxed. my cleric also has max spell skills. Normal casters can max skills in 3-4 hours of spamming each(whcih still sucks, but doable). Bard takes...60 hours per skill.

You obviously don't play a bard past level 40 or so.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm one of the few mained bards it seems on the server...

And yea leveling up the skills is slow but you used to actually have to work for songs. Maybe we just need to re appreciate that they put in melody and really fast levels.

Cause the alternative was slow levels and mindless clicking... but hey your skills kept up "easily"!
  5. Fhiele Augur

Skills are goign up, slowly. Just need some netflix sessions.

And yeah, melody makes it a lot easier to skillup.
  6. Seeker New Member

There is a bug whereby if you don't have resonance mods the skills won't raise. Buy cheap defiant gear and then it goes quickly
  7. qweasy Augur

That's not a bug. How are you supposed to raise your skill at hitting a drum if you're not using a drum.
    Also this thread is 2 years old, skill ups are no longer a problem.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Skillups are still a problem on TLPs until gear starts having instrument modifiers. I remember AFKing overnight and seeing only 6 or 8 skill point increases in the morning. And you can only do that for one musical skill at a time. Brass is the most fun.
  9. qweasy Augur

No they're not. Have you played the game at all in the past year?
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Unless he meant that last few points of skill that dont really matter. But otherwise skill ups are trivially fast and you dont even have to think about maintaining skills. Maybe it was implemented for Selo TLP or not, but it was great for that ruleset.
  11. Machen New Member

It is on all servers.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Yes, I play every day. However, I'm on Phinny where skillups truly don't matter. I forgot about the changes to skills where you get more skillups when your skill is low. That doesn't change the experience getting from, say, 235 to 255 brass instruments skill in classic. Or does it?
  13. qweasy Augur

No it doesn't. But the difference between 235 skill and 255 skill is pretty much 0 so that doesn't matter.