Congrats M&M on server first Vulak!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AtabishiRealThe, Aug 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad_Mikey Elder

I play on Selo actually, but thanks for correcting my understanding of DW’s employment start date just the same. That was indeed the point of my post.
  2. Machen New Member

If you aren't debating those things, you aren't crushing it.
  3. Bard2019 Elder

I always find these threads highly amusing for a number of reasons. Primary though, that there are so many players with such fragile ego's that they think killing what has become trivial content in a video game is some sort of life accomplishment. Congrats I guess? You managed to kill something after thousands of guilds have killed it thousands upon thousands of times. And you did it with far better gear(due to safe DZ farming for months), out of era potions and abilities that all of us that did it way back in actual classic Velious, could never have dreamed of. But I mean, surely your accomplishments 20 years later with easy-mode turned on trump all us OG's, right? *eyeroll*
  4. Shakara Augur

Lets be fair though the raid bosses now are a lot harder than they were back in the day so it hard to compare even from TLP to TLP things change. Manger has out of era potions but no focuses like many of the other TLPs did. Comparing accomplishment between servers is a lot like comparing Michael Jordan and LeBron James. Sure you can argue for hours but you wont get anywhere.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

No hes right. Eq today is trivially easy.

Think your focus nerf matters?

How long did the bosses fall on selo with players wearing rags?
  6. suineg Lorekeeper

You are complaining about people playing on a nostalgia server being nostalgic?

If you aren’t racing and comparing kill times or just generally having fun with launches then why are you playing on a TLP?

This is part of the experience people are paying for, these threads are mandatory for these servers and without them DBG would be in breach of contract.

So tired of people dismissing game “accomplishments” because it’s from old content that they are paying money to play because they find it fun. You show a severe lack of understanding when you spout this drivel.

You are making fun of their supposedly fragile ego when it’s your ego bruised because you think you are OG. I don’t remember you from back then, you weren’t in my guild and we were doing world firsts so take that ego out of here with it’s fragility.
    Phinny4Life and Guzzle like this.
  7. Dabrixmgp Augur

i kinda wish EQ did their TLP servers like WoW is doing classic. Where its pretty much as close as possible to actually being how it was during those expansions. Not just retail era balancing and mob nerfs copy and pasted to a special server that unlocks new stuff every 3 months. I wanna see how fast people kill AoW or prenerf Tunat without all the buffs to player classes and nerfs to PvE content over the last 20 years.
  8. AtabishiRealThe New Member

WoW classic was beat in less than a week from launch. It at least takes 2+ weeks for the first guild to finish classic on an EQ TLP. Timelines aside, I'm always shocked at how many people don't realize what kind of games these are. EQ is an information game, a preparation game, not a mechanical game. Buffs to classes and melee tables does nothing but make the fights not last an unbearable and unfun amount of time. The information and preparation is still the same. What makes the raid content trivial, is everyone already having the information available to prepare for the fight. If they actually turn these WoW servers in to full on progression ones, the same thing will be said about the WoW content, it's trivial at this point because everyone already knows how to do it.

EQ and WoW are restricted by the bounds of it's combat system with EQ requiring no mechanical skill and WoW only requiring little mechanical skill. Buffing mobs or returning to actual retail version of EQ would change nothing in guilds ability to do the raid content because again, the information is all out there and most people have done this content before.
  9. smash Augur

The difference between now and then is that people now has information of skills spells and able to use the synergi between classes a lot better. And the mobs also. How it was then will never come back.

Then people enjoyed the game for the game it self and today we just wanna get to game over for that expansion and next and......
  10. Rogerrabbit New Member

Congrats MnM on failing to kill AoW and wasting your DZ lol
  11. Guzzle Augur

Thanks! We went in with the objective of splitting for keys and taking our best shot at AoW with around 50ish mains per split. We did pretty well, but the chat lag was pretty brutal for us last night. Can't win them all, eh? We accomplished our primary objective and fell short of our stretch goal. Not a waste, but definitely less fruitful than we had hoped. I guess that's the price you pay sometimes for being ambitious and not zerging something down with 200+ people, and not committing a full raid force to it.

Meanwhile, congrats on creating a new forum accounts to trash talk instead of standing by your actual forum account. New Member (Today) always gets a laugh out of me :) Thank you for being a fan, if you send me your email address I'll add you to our mailing list!
  12. Fizon Elder

Only 50ish mains? Assuming of course you have a full 72 with boxes?? In a fight that a DPS can afk auto? Lol just like ntov gave you trouble with "only 72"

On a side note however you ever seen bloodthirst hit a target in open world? They legit throw bodies at the mob till it dies. I watched 6 or 7 people die before the tank got agro and another 30 die during kt. KT! Roflmao
  13. NoWay Augur

Next time we can merge 7 guilds together and zerg him with 200+.
  14. Guzzle Augur

Each raid had about 60. We did not have a full 72, we were about two groups short. Mostly light on clerics, coupled with chat lag, it screwed up our timing quite a bit.

We didn't have any trouble with NToV though. It was a breeze. Still stupid easy. Not sure where you're getting your information, but it's not good friend.
  15. Tymeless Augur

So much salt in the tears of people in this thread. It doesn't matter how they got it congrats to M&M on the server first Vulak kill. I do look forward to seeing the competition on this server as the content gets more and more challenging.

Cheers from PA and I look forward to competing with you all on the race of the next expansion.
    Guzzle likes this.
  16. Fizon Elder

17. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

A challenge doesn’t mean we had trouble you dope. The entire night was one filled with zero wipes and super successful one shot/one kills. Lady Nev was strictly more of a gatekeeper than the rest of her friends. Nothing that couldn’t be handled with on the fly raid adjustments and great execution by our raid team.
  18. Guzzle Augur

Yes... pretty decent challenge because of the damage our melee was taking. I tanked it without Defensive until about 15% when I finally got rounded. It wasn't a hard fight, by any means.

We didn't have trouble with it, stop reaching for things to try and bash us on bud. You just look silly. :rolleyes:
    NoWay likes this.
  19. TLP Addict Augur

Trying to split Avatar turned out to be biting off slightly more than we could chew, happens, both raids got him below 50%. But we killed everything else and got double of all the other loot like KT heads and ST keys.
    Guzzle likes this.
  20. Louie New Member

I'm just disappointed it took 1/2 a day and a new forum account to come up with omgulostlol
    Phinny4Life likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.