Test Update 07/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2019.

1. EQ Dev Developer

July 10, 2019

*** Items ***

- Fixed a bug that prevented the zonewide rare drops in Harbingers' Spire and The Bloodfields from dropping from non-rare NPCs in those zones.

*** Spells ***

- Berserker - Corrected an issue that prevented Temple Chop Rk. III from being cast in combat as intended.

*** NPCs ***

- Restored some missing rare spawns in The Bloodfields.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Either Essence of Concealment or Philter of Concealment can be used to craft Nexona's Poison Vial.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Players should no longer be able to attack mercenaries of other players who are hovering.

*** UI ***

- Mana in the player window will now display the correct percentage.
    - Added coin split messaging to the Loot Messages filter.
    - - Split messages for receiving 0 copper will no longer be displayed.

- The EverQuest Team

Note: Updated to just show the changes introduced in this patch
  2. kizant Augur

The melee procs that were fixed seem to work OK. The damage is the same as what's on live but the description is definitely confusing. It displays the 11100 damage from the spell data instead of the modified value that's actually being used.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Spell procs are still broken, or at least, some spell procs are still broken.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/466673577412919299/598738022686654475/unknown.png

Also, based on the melee proc, it looks like now all levels of the proc will report as the same spell in the log file instead of being separated by rank? I find this disappointing because now we won't be able to see the individual damage for each proc.

As in, if you have "sympathetic corruption 8" and "sympathetic corruption 1," it now only shows "sympathetic corruption" for both. You can't tell which damage came from which proc. I find that to be a step backwards :(. Oh well.
    RPoo and Sancus like this.
  4. Xhartor Augur

Better get your popcorn ready.
  5. Ermok Lorekeeper

Please don't do this. The spirit of the change is to address the problem of "Charm Gating" which has been very much alleviated by the last patch. CotH, with its long cast time, is a far harder mechanic to abuse and has many legitimate gameplay uses.
  6. AcemoneyFV Augur

I'm pretty sure they said that the Charm Gating thing wasn't the only reason these changes were added.
  7. Atabishii Elder

Is that a typo and supposed to be detrimental spells? If not, what spells is this referring to? I can't think of any beneficial spells that dispel targets not in your group.
  8. Malbro Augur

Only thing I can think of is something like nature's salve for the BSTs. But they only landed on myself and my pet anyway.
  9. Lubianx Augur

Atabishii and Brohg like this.
  10. Atabishii Elder

11. Xhartor Augur

Oh you did 90% to X mob before I charmed it, I'm just hangout keeping it as a pet until you leave zone.
  12. Dewey Augur

So this was changed back in the day because of people who griefed others. People would charm a PH and keep it charmed indefinitely to prevent others from camping that named. I do not know what you are trying to achieve with doing this; however, I remember the change and why it was put in.

Now some person can take a PH and keep it as a pet for hours. I hope this change does not make it to live.
  13. Boze TLP complaint factory

Right, it's just exchanging one method of harassing players for a more disruptive method of harassing players.
  14. Dahaman Augur

I'm looking to make either of these (on Coirnav).

I cannot locate a recipe for Essence of Concealment anywhere. Any know where I can find it?

The Philter of Concealment is blocked from crafting due to the Gemmed Potion Vial is not in the game yet. Anyone know with what expansion this arrives?

Thanks in Advance!
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/forum/tradeskills/tradeskill-guides-and-ui-mods/18062-alchemy-guide

essence of concealment:
    Burdock Root
    Empty Vial
    Mystic Ash
    Swamp Vine
    Dahaman likes this.