SK's still need love

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Aug 21, 2019.

1. smash Augur

Why is this not moved into class forums, because then i would not have seen and eaten so many chips and gained 2 pounds?
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

I have been playing an sk as my main since 2004, Flatchy was my first toon and still my fave out of 4 accounts worth. I just have a few things to add to all of this.

!. Of course there are more Sk's out there than Paladins. Its always more fun to be bad than good.

2. The reason our class is in such a good state I believe is because of our close SK community. Basically our SK web page was going strong until not too long ago. We discussed what we wanted with our class leaders every year and they fought hard to get these things. I myself only came to these forums because ours finally petered out. You can still read it and it has excellant information and people still lurk so ask away if you wish.
  3. p8aa Elder

I don't fault em for putting bards, shamans , whoever with one of their warrior and have fun with it (even if i found fun that they put a bard alt in his group when he doesn't have access to a bard main), i fault em for stating that the DPS result coming from this such group is "normal" warrior DPS in raids. If they wanted to be honest, they would give us the DPS of the warriors of their guild that are actually in tanking groups, to make valid comparisons with others guilds.

Yeah, I said also that the problem was not the personal tank DPS, but how ADPS was stacking with tank discs / AA. Outside of ADPS in group, tank DPS goes down by a lot. And I proposed as a solution to reduce stacking of personal tank discs / AA with ADPS produced by ADPS classes.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Pallies that can faceroll and cast goti when needed are /guildinvite ... <---- this because they are few.

But arguably one of the top exp spots still is chokeful of undead (ST in ROS) Of course um, how to say, pally is a dps class there.... SK is better tank :D
  5. Xorsazis Augur

But we gotta pay!

Seriously though, I prefer being in the shadows under the radar. It's more enjoyable there.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

SK splash?

I figured why not keep the full reetard idea that SK are underpowered going with inclusion of everything they DONT need.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

We all got f****d on fade for no reason. Level capping, minimum distance req, invisibility removal, chance to fail. That patch was really unnecessary.
  8. menown Augur

This is a good start. I would agree to this and fully support this idea. So should we take DPS away from the SK lifetaps, or maybe from the melee to do so?
    We could lower the damage on the lifetaps, but increase or keep the heal caps the same. This might be a possibility. I would fully support this idea.
    Thank you for being sympathetic. I do appreciate it. It is just that when you have been swapping spells for about a decade now, it gets old really fast. Everytime you sit, you are vulnerable to full melee damage, you get interrupted from any AE, and you get double penalized for raid lag. It is not at all as glamorous as playing a class differently that people make it out to be.
    I am not complaining about the ramp time for Necros (though it is excessive) as much as I'm complaining about the Burst for the hybrid of the Necro. Why in the world should SKs be kings of burst when their DPS should originate from the Necro?
    You are right. I guess I was just feeling petty at this point. This plant DoT line I weave in to every raid. It was disheartening to see that SKs received a more powerful version.

Anyways, I can agree to your other points. Necros have been fighting hard the past decade just to retain the power that they had. I can't help but feel that you need a dev to play your class though to receive any attention.
    Allayna likes this.
  9. Drogba Augur

Not everything dps-related works as a direct comparison to one of their parent classes (necro's). SK's have always had some good burst, traditionally as a result of Harm Touch, which was never a necro thing.
  10. Kenre Journeyman

I think this thread is missing the obvious. Bererkers are terrible burst DPS, clerics need to be able to heal better (insta cast full heals plz), and SKs aren't wanted in raids.

I also wonder why paladins don't get a fun adps groups to show off their dps potential? Oh wait...I think I know why.
    Thank you.
  11. sojero One hit wonder

I don't know what you mean here, So you would want to make sk lifetaps like valiant for paladins but with only a recourse for the sk? should we take away our innate procs? You do realize that there are differences between the classes, just because we have necro as original half parent, doesn't mean we shouldn't have our own things too.

My Necro is a bit outdated so I cannot test with full AA etc, but I'm pretty sure the fact that your lifetap is more than SK basic lifetap (touch line) and has no cool down where ours does, and you have more aa that make it stronger, yours actually does more than ours. The dire would probably do around the same, and our dissident is the only one that would possibly/probably do more. the only downside of yours is the longer cast time,what does it get down to 1.6 sec? so double sk, but we are a tank and a 1.6 cast time means we wont be able to get it off reliably, but you can chain it non stop where we cannot, though i don't think there is ever a situation where you would want to do that as a necro.

Harmtouch made us burst from the get go.

I fully understand, Necro are the red headed step child of EQ it seems (right next to pally if they had their way) and it does suck. No dot revamp and its been years! no raid wants more than 2 cause of debuff slot limits, heck my raid leader says delete necros! Not so good in groups cause mobs die so darn fast. But hey, you can solo!

I think one of the biggest problems is the fact of necro club, oh wait never mind that doesn't exist, this isn't the club you are looking for.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That wouldn’t fit the narrative, sir.

SK’s op! “Balance” calls are a go!
  13. Allayna Augur

Welcome new member. The "reason" is because that full adps support is wasted on a paladin vs. an sk if you have a choice. Hmmm, 800K dps or 400K dps, which would you choose if you set up the raids.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

I hear full ADPS support is wasted on clerics too! Get rid of all clerics, their dps stinks! :oops:
    Krazzi likes this.
  15. Allayna Augur

Are you 5? Who's putting clerics in adps groups? Let's continue to compare apples to apples and not make erroneous, exaggerated, egregiously errant remarks.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

Why not, that's what you seem to do and its more fun that way. Isn't this entire thread about doing just that :)
    Krazzi and Sheex like this.
  17. Allayna Augur

OP:

Blame your own class.
  18. Cicelee Augur

This thread is entertaining. I demand it go another six pages minimum, or your 25% tank belt will be made lower. Just saying I want to be entertained...
    Allayna likes this.
  19. Angahran Augur

FD - several classes get FD, it's not really a big deal.
    Snare - Have you seen the number of snare immune mobs ? Also, BST warder has better snare.
    Pet - Honestly ? That thing is a speedbump even after the thousands of AAs we spend on it.

So no, SKs have pretty much nothing to do with Necros.
  20. Allayna Augur

You have gotten better at downplaying your class abilities (101)!
    Corwyhn Lionheart and menown like this.