I can safely predict the new expansion will be junk at launch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How about ETOV and WTOV?

More quests please!
    Diptera likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Daybreak needs to be mindful of raid difficulty there are still only 10 guilds who have finished TBL, no doubt some of those who have fail to complete the expansion will quit raiding. If this trend continues in a few years there won't be enough raid guilds to warrant raid content.

Since the last expansion we have lost 6 guilds raiding according to the Guild progression Board and are now down to 24 guilds raiding the current expansion, down from 30 doing ROS.

The raid gear level of each of those 24 guilds is going to vary a lot which is going to make tuning difficult.

I'd like to see T1 raids at T2 difficulty and increasing from there.
  3. Xorsazis Augur

While I appreciate the challenge and dance that is Maeratas, I would recommend going forward that mechanics which wipe a raid because one person out of 54 did not perform flawlessly should be avoided at all cost. Punishment is all well and good, but it shouldn't end the event.

Also only two events (that I can recall) in EQ spawn an add upon player death, and it was overkill in both cases.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.
  4. Jalelorf Augur

This is a thread dreamweaver should be locking.
  5. Lianeb Augur

As a RL I find mearatas the most fun raid in TBL. It requires people to pay attention and play well, it is also a raid that as RL I have to balance out resource to the proper places or it can cause issues.

Though I am a glutton and usually like the things in EQ that others hate. I swear my raid team is out to get me. (They let me die as the MT on UEE last night at 2%) “sorry I forgot to cure you!!”
  6. bbanz Elder

How many guilds are still actively trying Mearatas these days?
  7. Xorsazis Augur

Iratus Lepus is. We haven't given it much attention in the past, but we are now working on it more seriously.
  8. Allayna Augur

We clear it weekly.
    Brohg and Sancus like this.
  9. Spellfire Augur

By saying trying I assume he meant trying to win Mearatas, not farming weekly.
    Allayna and Sancus like this.
  10. Allayna Augur

I would tend to agree, but I'm certain that those 10 guilds that have beaten it, are not all farming it.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Not everything needs to be locked, but I am watching just in case.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Belexes ForumQuester

You do realize all y'alls got trolled right? :D
  13. Natal Augur

You are assuming that guilds are updating those boards. The guild I am in is still raiding (we have completed tier 1 of TBL and the first GMM raid) but we don't post our progress on that board and have not for quite a while. So it might appear to the casual observer that we are not raiding when in fact we are.
  14. Natal Augur

Like I said before, tier 1 raids should be for the mid level guilds that typically field low to mid 40s attendance. They are not for the high end guilds. Those guilds can find their challenge in tier 3.

The point of having such an arrangement is that it allows all raiding guilds to have access to content that advances their members. Those mid tier guilds are not going to find advancement in TBL raids since group gear in the new expansion is likely to largely match TBL raid gear based on the experience of the last few expansions. So what do you expect them to do? Somehow motivate people to raid content that offers no upgrades? How long do you expect that to last before people stop showing up? That is the exact reason why the raiding game is dying from the bottom up. EQ has a long history of offering little or nothing of worth to the mid tier raiding guilds, and that is exactly why so many of these guilds have withered away.
  15. smash Augur

They however cannot do that as tier 1 is progressing as well, the stop block that require 6-9 weeks to pass to get to tier 2. And t1 should always require almost full raidforce, shall still require something to do and not be walkover.

They should not lower requirements for prog raids.
  16. smash Augur

A thing that i would love is that if a guild has completed the prev expansion it would then from start be flagged for T2 in new expansion.

Same for group content if you completed TBL you would be flagged for T2 progression in new expansion.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

A new NTOV would be awesome....make it non instanced too. I would pay 30$ a month per account to see that debacle. And make a new KD with Tormax..and no instancing....so I can train him on unsuspecting people recovering from a wipe like I did...er, wait, someone else did and I saw it...yeah, that's what happened :mad:
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Sorry, but this wouldn't make sense. Because those guilds also tend to have players that don't really care if they play well either. Instead of an actual good burn, you'll see players doing 50k "burns" (yeah, auto attack no buttons pushed). So the top 10 guilds would be able to beat these raids with 12 people. Does that really make any sense at all to you?
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

20. Natal Augur

In a word, No.

You clearly missed the point or did not bother to read what I posted. Who cares if the top guilds can do it with 12 (which they can't). The tier 1 raids are not for them. Their challenge will be tier 3. And if you really believe what you claim, then make tier 1 raids 42 man events. That way mid tier guilds will be able to field the same numbers as you. You can have your 54 man events at tier 3 if that is what you want.

There are some relatively simple things that could be done to make raids more practical for guilds with smaller numbers. For example, adjust number of adds/spawn times to be proportional to the number of people in the raid within a set of constraints, such as 42-54 or something along those lines. Adjust mob hp to be proportional to the number of people in the raid. That would make the raid equally difficult independent of the size of the raid. Get rid of the power up mechanic, which punishes guilds that can't field full raids. There have been many times when my guild has run out of time simply because we have to spend a disproportionate amount of time dealing with adds and consequently can't beat down the boss fast enough. That is directly proportional to the number of people in your raid, even if you are doing a stellar job keeping control with your low numbers. Those sorts of raids become exponentially more undoable as numbers decline simply because of the power up mechanic.

Designing the game inflexibly solely for the benefit of the top guilds which have the luxury of both the best players and full balanced rosters, and giving the mid tier guilds the finger by giving them no content that is realistically doable at an entry level for the expansion no matter how skilled their core players are makes sense to you? Please explain your logic.