The new expansion pictures...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Instead you could ask for comparable focci/cast proc in whatever is being created. Instead of a repeat of the same theme!

Now... I'm not promising it. But. It is a direction you could take!
  2. Warpeace Augur

Seeing the way you put this reply.:D

I banked my class aug a few expansion ago as a Paladin. Can we get an upgrade that would be DPS or agro focused for the class?

Would also be interested in what other class members would think could be useful.
  3. blinder Journeyman

DPS and aggro are my two largest gripes for the paladin class. Healing is fine for our role both as MT, OT, or even (Brell Serillis forbid) healer.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Funky Augur

I'm quite curious if there will be a new Lodizal. maybe drop a new aug that's back/shield only in reference to the shield/back he dropped in velious
  5. jeskola pheerie

. The 4 Velious zones in Rain of Fear are revamps, but they are still the 2nd version of the zone and part of an expansion. Assuming the other 2 Kaels stick around, we will now have 3 Kaels. I hope they pick zones that were not revamped in ROF for the rest of this expansion.
    enclee and Yinla like this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

I am confused, is this sarcasm?
    blinder likes this.
  7. svann Augur

Wuoshi!
    Funky likes this.
  8. Coagagin Guild house cat

As long as we are playing 20 questions with regard to this expansions aug/unique non-visible. Will it be quested or tradeskilled?
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

In that case here is a suggestion I will make!

Velious had each city leader dropping a Crown/Helm and there were quests for each faction to customize the crown and give it a unique graphic depending on your race.

I think it would be cool to see an Evolving Head item. To evolve it maybe require some Velious Hunters/Conquerer achievements from old or require there be some faction thresholds you need to hit. For example reach Ally in each of the 3 Core Velious factions etc. I obviously have no idea what the content of the new expansion will be but if factions are making a comeback maybe require you reach ally in each of them at some point in time and do some quests to unlock evolving.

The crown would have the standard Magic Focus for everyone, and it would have a unique focus on top of that, 4 variants for Melee, Tank, Caster, Priest.

Melee grants an innate ability to proc a self buff on Melee swings, the self buff Increases your STR and STR Cap by 1000 and increases Hit Damage Bonus by 500 for 10 hits.
    Tank grants an innate ability to proc a 20,000 Hate Proc whenever you use Taunt or maybe Bash/Kick, and reflects a 10,000 point Rune on you.
    Caster grants an innate ability to Twincast spells 1-115 an additional 5% (go ahead and throw focus degradation on this so that it’s not immediately useless next level increase but also so that it doesn’t stick around like a Necro Epic)
    Priest grants an innate ability to Twinheal spells 1-115 an additional 5% (go ahead and throw focus degradation on this so that it’s not immediately useless next level increase but also so that it doesn’t stick around like a Necro Epic)

Something like this I think would be cool. Also having the item should grant you access to a Type 20 Augment that has a cool heroes forge looking graphic only obtainable by maxing out this Helm. I’m guessing it would be too much work but one per race would be neat..
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Dodge proc doesn't even go off as a tank, because you never dodge, especially if you went hDex.
  11. Funky Augur

all i know is i hope i do not have to go to crystal caverns and i hope they didn't redo skyshrine.. with the maze being a different layout... having to rediscover that maze would be slightly entertaining tho.
  12. Ditka Journeyman

You should've used that line prior to creating this 3rd version of a Velious theme.

It was a great expansion, but get over it already with the remakes. Rain of Fear was enough to satisfy that entire continent.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

You will be disappointed then :p
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

Makes sense they got a new toy to make ice pretty and we're going back to Velious.

I'm just curious as to the Lore this go round... is the Ring of Scale coming home? Are the Giants going to cross the Wakening Lands and invade Skyshrine? Or vice versa? Do the Coldain ally with the Giants to push back Veeshan's dragons?

Since ToV, King Tormax, Yelinak and Dain have been redone once as raid targets... hope it's new players mixed in with the lore.
  15. Sancus Augur

I think this quote gives some indication of at least part of the lore:

[Wed May 15 16:02:22 2019] You say, 'Hail, Iceweaver Sjeon'
    [Wed May 15 16:02:23 2019] Iceweaver Sjeon says, 'Hello, tiny one. You may just be the creature I need to speak with. King Tormax ordered me to leave Kael and seek [assistance].'
    [Wed May 15 16:02:28 2019] You say, 'assistance'
    [Wed May 15 16:02:29 2019] Iceweaver Sjeon says, 'It is to our shame that we need assistance, but the truth cannot be denied. Our city is being overrun by these,' he pauses, seeking the words he needs and failing to find them. 'This horrible magic is claiming our fallen kin. It is hard for us to strike them. We revere our fallen and seeing them walking again has cause some to hesitate. That hesitation has cost many lives. I would beg you to come and speak with our King. He wishes to speak with some of the so-called heroes of Norrath. You look like one of those. [Will] you come with me?'
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  16. Verily Tjark Augur

Whitewalkers eh? I do see the blue eyes in the new screenshots! But I thought Arya ended that story line already lol
  17. Axxius Augur

Shades have reached Velious?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It was the reverse of that. We wanted Velious, so we asked for better ice. We got better ice.
    code-zero, Prathun, svann and 4 others like this.
  19. Jalelorf Augur

The whole thing looks highly disappointing. They have already redone Velious zones with Reign of Fear. LAME. Get an original idea guys.
  20. Teylana Elder

I'd like to see a return to Luclin myself.
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.