Producer's Letter: Late Summer 2019 [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Dahaman Augur

To expound on this...

The new server (with exact Phinny ruleset except the heroic character boost) is too close to Phinny at only 2 expansion separation. It will actively work to sabotage the arguable best TLP implementation to date. What is the purpose of the new TLP server to warrant doing that?

A better potential should be to create a "TLP server" that is further apart and/or with other functions or features.

Example: Create a TLP server that starts with level 85 heroic characters and starts at the expansion before EOK. In 3 months, release EOK. In 6 months, release ROS. In 9 months, release the upcoming expansion. In 12 months, Nov 2020, it will be PERFECT TIMING for the fall 2020 expansion. Give it double live server XP rates (up 'til Nov 2020). Give a transfer off the server in Nov 2020 to boost the current live servers. Bill it as an initial racing server and eventual catch up server.

That gives the new server a fresh(er) take that isn't immediately cannibalizing another TLP server.

The example server also serves a greater purpose. You'll deliver a live server character influx in Nov 2020. You'll have an additional live server boost a few months later from Selos. An additional live server boost a few months after that from Phinny. It fills the existing void for feeding live servers earlier.

(that was just one example of how to set it apart from current TLPs, there are many other potentials)
    Boze and FubarEQ like this.
  2. Efandar New Member

is F2P going to stay capped at level 105?
  3. Silentlyc New Member

A new expansion is good and all that , But how about fixing a few persistent problems first. Logging into the guildhall causeses frequent crashes, logging out never gets to the serverselect screen. and not to forget the white out screens when changing zones . Another problem is the huge amount of time that's required to get buffed . Why not create buffbots in areas that give highest buffs that stick when hailed ??? Just an Opinion from a long time plaopyer . Hope you actually listen .
  4. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Well I picked +1 other, but they are mainly coming for the vacation, not the event so I should probably have picked alone. :)

Vegas or San Diego would be fine by me. Austin is a bit meh :)

As for the expansion, that really looks like Kael or Velious at least; excited to return there if so. Or it could be an Icy area of PoWater too; equally good/fun I'm sure.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Is this ice shader totally new, or a revamped version of what EQ used to have but seems to have disabled at some point?

Several zones a long long time ago had reflective shaders on water that looked very similar, and at some point it was disabled and turned into some flat see through color.

Underfoot and DoDH zones for sure had some. Also used on the "shadow" mobs in a couple UF missions, which are still there, but don't look anything like they used to.

I always wondered what happened and why that graphical effect disappeared.
  6. Funky Augur

i'm stoked for the a velious like expansion but as far as the fan faire event.. i don't like the idea of California or the west coast for that matter.... growing up playing EQ, WoW, and a few others, ive always wanted to attend one of the events (along with many friends IRL and in game) but the bulk of us just didn't have the time or money to spare to jump across the US... between hotel costs and flight, it's just a little much...

is there any chance yall could add a option in the vote to see where people are coming from? like a drop down of the 50 US states or even maybe just geographic locations within the US and non US to see a basis of where people would be coming from?
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

This first one is just a preliminary gauge on interest. There will be more.
    Funky and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

New ice giants look great. Kudos to the artist who made them, cant wait to hopefully get an illusion item for them ala TBL
    eepok likes this.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

I would like to have been able to rank locations because I'm not opposed to any of the locations, really. Also, if any write in get regional popularity, could they be added to a second (eventual) poll?

I'm at the point in my life where I can afford to fly to more out of the way locations to finally meet guildies and alliance friends and am willing to do so if, say, "Midwest" or "Indianapolis" gets sufficient traction.
  10. Hamshire Augur

New take on Kael looks amazing.

I am a little worried about a HoT tlp, last heroic character TLP we had was a 51/50 and it died within a month. I also feel that most players that will try this won't be used to or even expecting even close to how many abilitys/spells they will be getting and or having access to which could overwhelm them and turn them off from the server. Another problem I foresee is that the armor "group wise at least" has to be made tier by tier otherwise you gotta burn 20kish to skip a tier and or around 100kish to straight up skip to the final tier and on a fresh server with no economy this could be bad. The final problem I see is that if this is successful the next expansion which is VoA is in my opinion is the 2nd hardest expansion from classic to this era "underfoot being the 1st" and this could pose problems all on its own.

Anyways just wanted to give some feedback & hope that the new tlp is a success and I am looking forward to seeing what more cool new things the expansion has to offer!
  11. smash Augur

So expansion likely going to be named: The frozen land (TFL)?
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dubios about a rehashed Velious we have already been back there once before and I found it got old faster than fresh content. I'm hoping if this starts in Kael that is goes the opposite way to Rain of Fear and does Wakening Lands onwards not back out to Eastern Wastes. Time will tell, I'll preorder it on my main, other accounts can wait its not like the preorder rewards are worth having so they won't miss anything.

Disapointed once again it isn't Drinal! I really, really, really want to know what is on Norraths other moon. :p

House of Thule TLP server sounds cool, HoT is one of my Fav expansions of all time so I may have to go and take a look at that at least until VoA comes out but then I enjoyed RoF so I may jump back on there then.
  13. Undertakerr New Member

So glad for a new take on progression servers, still waiting for you to announce a level 70 locked server like you did Agnarr for 65.
  14. Riou EQResource

You're going to be disappointed then :p
  15. Diptera Augur

You going to ride in the suitcase? :)
    Cazmac likes this.
  16. Cazmac Augur

This subject keeps coming up but it is a knotty problem, I expect. For example, being in the UK, I am mostly on Antonius Bayle which, I believe, is based in the Netherlands, so might be hard to merge? All the same, when there was a very bad lag problem on AB, you offered a free transfer to Vox. Does that mean they could be merge candidates? What would be the name of the new server - VoxPop? Ahem...
  17. Cazmac Augur

I love snowy zones! EverFrost/Halas has always been a favourite of mine and I still love to visit it, even long after being at an appropriate level.
  18. Crokker Lorekeeper

These giant models are some next level stuff. Amazing bump in quality of detail. Hope we see this going forward as the new standard.
    eepok likes this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Nope.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

Are you sure? I am looking at the survey, it definitely has the option back in.