TSP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Aug 21, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Should the new progression server be more appropriately named a Time Skip Progression server?

Maybe just come up with something more appropriate than "progression" if you're both handing out geared toons as well as skipping the majority of EQs lifespan...

At the very least, today's patch will slow down the 100 toons afk botting in SG.
  2. Ceffener Augur

45% of EQ’s lifespan would not be skipped and gets to live quicker. But yes technically “majority” is skipped.
  3. Machen New Member

Considering only a small handful of players have ever played on a TLP past HoT, "majority" is correct. 99% of the typical EQ TLP lifespan is being skipped.
  4. Ceffener Augur

Probably that fact that makes them think offering a TLP for people to experience the later content is a good idea.
  5. Sandrito Elder

I like the idea of a TLP server starting somewhere different. Having been on the last 4 TLP servers and raided classic ad-nausea, i'm totally ready to raid something different.
    I wish they would start a server starting from around OOW era which is when last years TLP server falls off in population, that way I'll get to raid new content with good population instead of the same old stuff over and over.
  6. Machen New Member

Yeah, well, the problem there is that we've had three progression servers hit level 85 content so far, and none of them have had new players flocking to them. Just the opposite in every case.
  7. Ceffener Augur

How many of those allowed free heroic characters right at a time period were a heroic character is actually decent?

All players on this server would be starting at the same point...in newer content. Not exactly the same as joining a top heavy server already in progress.
  8. Gremin Augur

I am more irritated with the fact that we have enough TLPs, Phinny just got done with this content and its honestly going to be another mayong server that dies out fast imo.
  9. Iyacc Augur

Free heroic character just means that many more people who don't know how to play the class. Look at the sheer number of people on Selo who leveled fast or got PLed and are max level with AA and absolutely no gear or understanding of how to play the class.

Should be fun.
  10. code-zero Augur

Starting at level 1 in classic allows really bad players who don't know their class to conceal it for a while.

I can look back at when I was playing a bard in the early 2000's and recall being told to sit still and play NOTHING but mana song. I learned nothing of playing a bard for a number of years thanks to that mindset by the other players.

Starting them at 85 may or may not have a steep learning curve depending on the class but it should be interesting