Save Time and Players: No More Rank Buffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ninelder, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Ninelder Augur

Yeah. I thought I had made that point clear with the
    I think they should leave rank stuff on nukes, dots, heals etc. I have heard a hundred clerics complain about merc buffs, I have never seen one complain about the heals the merc will cast. It's not blocking them from doing their duties Their auto-rank 2 buffs on the other hand...
  2. Ninelder Augur

Where do you see me attacking you? Confused much?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I was talking about John5 attacking me saying I benefit from there being RKIII spells because I get carried through content. Sorry if that wasn't clear my apologies.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

When Ninelder brought up that the OP was just talking about buffs I meant me getting attacked by John5 for something about buffs was crazy. Sorry I should have worded that better.
  5. Ninelder Augur

We already limit every raider to only bidding on 3 spells for the first 3 months of an expansion, Ax I am not calling for a change to the whole system, most rank spells will remain rank spells. Those spells aren't imposing on other players, only the buffs are. Simultaneously rank spells are having the side effect of reducing your tank, your group, and your raids survivability and DPS

No one has offered a reasonable counterpoint to any of the problems(listed above) that rank buffs cause.

Either they didn't actually read it or they don't understand it.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

You 1st post was not asking for
    Your 1st post far as I know and not asking for a reasonable counterpoint. Like defaulting Buffs spells or put the spells on the RAID NPC.
    These buffs are small changes but over all they add up your tanks will want RK3.
    Axxius likes this.
  7. Ninelder Augur

Then just use the stats from the would-be rank 3 for the new unranked Buffs.
    No one has come up with any other plausible fix to:

1.Buffing classes are already pressed for time on raids. Most of your tanks and melee can take a break during rebuffing, come back and immediately start up the event. Many times I am still trying to finish TB runes on the raid when they start it up. Its frustrating.

2.Being able to land a fresh buff, rune, or vie on your raid-mates where 5 second or 5hps(rune) will block a lower rank refresh/re-rune.

3,Stop the devs from slapping every cleric in the face when they cant outbuff a robot.
  8. MelediWeaver Journeyman

I am fine with having ranks in spells. But... perhaps have raid spells in the raid vendor inventory for purchase as used to be the case.. then Rank III can be obtained by those who want them more quickly. And, perhaps if a player wants their cleric merc to have rank II spells... have some quest they need to complete.. much as you used to do a quest to get a higher rank of merc?
  9. Liljit Augur

This issue sounds two-part. Your guild handles spells poorly. DBG should have put RK. IIIs on vendors long ago, since we're two expansions into the same spells (RoS/TBL).
  10. Ninelder Augur

I already said my guild rations the first few months of an expansion to 3 spells per person.It's like you guys can't read...

We have been working around the spell problem for 2 years now, the best we can. This doesn't help returning players, it does make it so that the frustrated buffers only have to spend 2-3 months of watching their spells bounce instead of six or more. But they shouldn't have to put up with it at all.

Once again, this doesn't address, counter, or extrapolate upon the problems I laid down at the beginning of this thread. Removing ranks from buff spells and spell procs is an easy fix that will save the devs time, while removing one of the crappy parts of the game. It's a win-win-win all around. I am baffled that anyone would disagree.
  11. Liljit Augur

And yet here we are almost 2 years deep on the same spells. Sounds like a guild issue.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Ninelder Augur

And yet here we are almost 12 years later, and clerics are still having robots cast better buffs than they can. Sounds like you are a crap judge of what is good or bad for the game
  13. Liljit Augur

If your argument rests solely on Cleric merc buffs then you play a cleric like .

Cleric mercs lack:
    Shining
    DI
    Both Auras
    Don’t cast dicho
    Don’t cast interventions
    Don’t have the ability to divine arb via epic or AA...

Sure, they have some RKII buffs, like spell haste and hp.

If anything I’d advocate for a more versatile merc than invite your whiny to group.
    Funky and Tolzol like this.
  14. Brohg Augur

All buffs with sufficient duration to be carried from battle to battle (most especially those that are carried from the Guild Lobby to battle) should be deleted, their benefits subsumed into level based, AA grind based, and gear based advancement.

example: Enc brain buff gained 27/tick regen going from 105 to 110? Have everyone gain 1 regen per level automatically, Expansive Mind & Mental Clarity AAs are already available, and tiers of gear already mostly gain +1 hInt/hWis over previous, providing an extra mana regen per tier.

all of these should go away :
    Skin
    Ward
    Symbol
    Focus
    Regen
    Force
    Foresight
    Brell's
    Strength
    Predator
    Cloak
    Rich
    Haste
    Clarity
    Beastregen
    Fero
    Symphony

Boosts/buffs that are used in, or used up in battle are obviously still totally fair game.
  15. Ninelder Augur

You should ask an adult to read the posts to you, ask your parent and/or guardian to explain what the title means. Buffs, the thread is about rank buffs. Buffs. No one has insinuated that mercs are better healers than real players. Stay on topic...Buffs!
  16. Liljit Augur

If a rank 2 buff from a merc, one that’s has been available for 21 months is causing you this much grief...idk get the rank 2 buff or . You can buy them, hell I’ll parcel one to you.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I don't raid and don't have an opinion on t3 spells but I'd love it if they ditched rank 2 spells.

I'd much rather they have like, three or four progresssion locked spells per class that increase in potency dramatically ala dissident than have 15 or so spells with minor upgrades gained from trivial effort.
  18. Ninelder Augur

This problem(s)has never been grievous to me personally. It is for the stated reasons, annoying. It annoys a lot of players. It was a bad idea from the get go. Removing this "bad idea" would not only embetter everyone's playing experience(as mentioned above,) it would reduce the dev and coder's workload. Thus it enables them to put more work into other aspects of the coming expansion.

You are against this fix for what reason?

You want raid buffers to have a worse time raiding?

You want 5hps of a rank 3 rune or damage mitigator to be able to block 100K hps worth of rank 2 rune/vie?

You want the devs and coders to spend more time on content that has no positive yield?
  19. Liljit Augur

If you could explain how Raid buffers are having a worse time buffing? Raid buffers will always overwrite merc buffs. You keep going back and forth, do you just hate mercs or do you have an actual inconvenience?

From my experience raid buffers are stuck waiting on OOC timers for Tranquil Blessing or do buffs by groups...not once has a raid buffer bitched, moaned or complained about these damned mercs are blocking my buffs from landing!

Also, facts:

[55296/4713] Rallied Greater Guard of Vie
    Classes: CLR/110
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 1683
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: No
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 5.5s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 72m+ (720 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Absorb Melee Damage: 10%, Total: 62036
    6: Cast: Light of Vie on Rune Fade
    Places the protection of Vie on your group, absorbing #1% of incoming melee damage. This spell absorbs @1 damage before dissipating, and will heal its bearer for *#6#1 hit points when it fades in that manner.

[55297/4713] Rallied Greater Guard of Vie Rk. II
    Mana: 1759
    1: Absorb Melee Damage: 10%, Total: 65138
    6: Cast: Light of Vie II on Rune Fade
    Places the protection of Vie on your group, absorbing #1% of incoming melee damage. This spell absorbs @1 damage before dissipating, and will heal its bearer for *#6#1 hit points when it fades in that manner.

[55298/4713] Rallied Greater Guard of Vie Rk. III
    Mana: 1838
    1: Absorb Melee Damage: 10%, Total: 68395
    6: Cast: Light of Vie III on Rune Fade

So you see, we’re not talking 5hps against a hundred thousand. With spell shielding a 100k nuke is more like 70ish K and the difference between rank 1-3 is 8 k.

I’m not against it or for it, you just haven’t made a compelling argument imo of why to get rid of ranked buffs...except maybe because you feel left out.
  20. Tappin Augur

The OP is 100% correct with this one. Most of the buffs with added focused have been maxed out for ages (no difference between RK. II and and RK. III). There is really little benefit for the RK. III buffs compared to DPS or Heal difference of other spells.

if they want to keep different ranked buffs, then they need to add something to them that makes them worth the hassle.