The EQ Show is looking for Hardcore raid/guild leaders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

So...who should I interview?

With Episode 5 of The EverQuest Show dropping today (plug), I'm already trying to line up my next IRL player(s).

Per suggestions of some here on the forums, I think a story about some of the really hardcore raiders, or guild leaders of the top guilds could be an interesting side I haven't looked at yet.

So, my question is this...

What are the current leading guilds in EQ? What server? What's the most hardcore or bleeding-edge guild in EQ at the moment?

More importantly, who are the guild or raid leaders?

Special consideration will be given to those closer to the Illinois/Indiana area, as I will be travelling to get interviews.

Also, it doesn't have to be live servers. Progression servers would be an option as well, if your guild is "hardcore."

You can contact me through the Forums, or go to EverQuestShow.Com's Contact Page

Hope to hear from many of you!
    Fading
    Bahdah, Drogba and Khaliss like this.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Realm of Insanity is and has been for many years, the highest performing Guild in EQ. you can check out Elite Gamer's Lounge and click on the unfettered emerald excellence header to get a list of the Guilds that have completed the current expansion (one of the most difficult end raids in recent memory). Each Guild has a hyperlink to their website if you'd like to poke around. I'm not aware of any Guild/Raid leaders in the midwest.

For the love of all that's holy, do not include TLP guilds :p
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you really want to do the episode justice, there’s really only 1 top guild and they’ve been #1 for like a decade or more. Seek ye Realm of Insanity on Xegony.

TLP “hardcore” and live “hardcore” are very, *very* different things. I would not include them in the same conversation, imo.

My head knows you’re right, but my heart thinks it would be absolutely hillarious to watch if a TLP guild was interviewed. So many great questions to ask about krono farming, dps racing, monopolizing camps, box armies, and servers that repeat the same cycle in perpetuity.
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I think my favorite story from a friend is his Raid Leader telling the guild to equip poison resist gear for an AE that they all avoid by hiding from LoS
    Duder and Raccoo like this.
  5. Forcallen Augur

You should interview Yimin!!

• You would double your viewing audience and replays by having her/him.
    • Best self parsing dps mage to ever play the game.
    • Has raided in every high end guild in the past 8 years.
    • Dominated Drinal/Maelin general chat for many many years.
    • Top 10 FQ player.
    • Won over the majority of EQ with her/his knowledge and personality.
    ************Note: none of the above has been confirmed by anyone other than Yimin*****************
    Nniki, Spellfire, Duder and 4 others like this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

HEHE.

And c’mon, that dude is ForumQuester, number one! ^ . ^
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

I would love a difference in Old vs New on this subject.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Morigaine Elder

Adding to Larth’s idea, it would be cool to chat with some old school leaders like Thott, Furor, or Zaar. I’m sure some of them are still connected to their legacy players even if no longer playing.
    Issk likes this.
  9. Fading Illusion Augur

I'd like to use Live server guilds, but it may also just depend on who contacts me, the feasibility of getting an interview with them, and if they have a "story" to tell.

But if you are in one of these guilds, and want to talk about the following things, please contact me.

These are the types of intereview questions I'd be asking in a sit-down interview:
    - How do you prep for raids?
    - What do you do to learn a new encounter?
    - Biggest challenges in the game? Raid?
    - Most fun/exciting raids?
    - What would you change about the game/raids?
    - How has raiding changed over the years?
    - How do you manage your time? RL versus in game

Etc etc.....It really depends on the individual to where the story goes. But I think this would be a great direction to take the next segment, since I've more focused on lighter, more casual player...I'd like to look at the raiding side of things.

I'll be reaching out to Realm of Insanity as well, but I'd like to have several options. Potentially for future episodes.

Fading.
    Khaliss likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

If you interview Furor be sure to get his thoughts on whatever mobile-game he's currently playing.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Can you get Zaide, Grisvok, and Ice-T for a roundtable interview?
    Gyurika Godofwar and suineg like this.
  12. Sobmre Augur

Township Rebellion is prolly one of the oldest and still top tier guilds.
  13. Riou EQResource

He's probably busy on WoW's next expansion (that is likely being announced at blizzcon) or pushing Classic out, he was actually in the Classic devs playing it video blizzard put out the other day, with Tigole

Not sure if ever seen them talk about EQ after they left to go to blizzard?
  14. Fading Illusion Augur

Hi folks! I've received a few great leads..

Let me ask a question, would you be interested in seeing a segment/series, that is well-produced etc about the race through the next expansion by the raid guilds?

Think of it in the style of "Deadliest Catch" or "Ice Road Truckers" style...

Following several guilds, their progress, real players, how they handle it, success and failures?

It's an idea I'm tossing around, but of course, it's demanding.

Fading
  15. Brohg Augur

Planning that as a series is likely to be difficult, as it won't be known until it's encountered which raid will be the true separator, the real test of raid forces' ingenuity & determination. Network "reality TV" has predominantly controlled & engineered drama. Stashing a ton of interviews to edit down into a narrative after the fact might be very cool.
  16. Sancus Augur

I would love to see coverage of top raiding guilds or the race.

My primary concern would be the integrity of that coverage. I love the show and its production value, but I think this kind of content has more relevant "nitty gritty" details than what the show generally covers. I don't know your (Fading's) degree of familiarity with the race, the guilds, the systems involved, etc., but there's a lot of misinformation/spin/drama/etc. that could easily throw off someone with relatively little personal knowledge of raid progression.

I suppose focusing primarily on interviews avoids that issue to some extent, but nonetheless I worry about the accuracy of the content. Again, I love the show and would personally really enjoy watching this, it's just something that takes more knowledge to do right than covering expansion news or new TLPs or w/e (not that those aren't great to cover, but the show's content thus far has been more high level IMO).

In any event, thank you for your work on the show!
  17. Fading Illusion Augur

Brohg, you are absolutely right. And some of that engineered drama is all a work of magical editting, which I expect will be part of it.

But I think telling the story of having the guilds find out which is the tough encounter and which is the separator *IS* the story. But yes, I know it would be difficult. I do like a challenge, but just gauging interest at this point.
  18. Fading Illusion Augur

Thanks Sancus for the kind words. And yes, I'm grappling with those same things. I think for some of those issues, I let the subject handle that, not necessarily myself. I don't know that I would get into the heavy details of specific encounters. It would be much more 30,000 ft view than that. I have it in my brain how it could unfold, but laying that out in writing is tough sometimes....

But then again, that's kinda how this show came up...

Keep the discussion going. I want to hear more!

Fading
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Sobmre Augur

Don't Waste your time with that tool, he left years ago.

don't give wow a voice in the EQ community please
  20. Mintalie Augur

Throwing my hat into the PLEASE HOLY JESUS DO NOT INCLUDE TLPs ring.

You should definitely check out the RoI folks, depending on their interest. Qulas was the guild leader for many years and is still active.

Or you could check out MS. Allayna is very active on the boards and in game and gave an interview to another source recently, so that might indicate his willingness to participate.

There are several other hardcore guilds with very active members in the community as well. Not sure if they're just being shy or aren't interested, but hopefully a few of them will speak up.