Request ROS Raid Visibles Not Require EOK Raid Visibles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Micaiah, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Micaiah New Member

Forgive me if this has already been posted (I searched a bit), but has there been given any discussion to not having to purchase/obtain EOK raid visible armor to make the ROS raid visible armor (e.g. a currency exchange, permitting newer currency to buy older items)? For newer players, or those not having raided in EOK, it's problematic when farming ROS but not farming EOK.
  2. ptah Augur

conflag diamond mod vis; yea its an option; I assume you just want scaleborn. tbl ts3 is very close.. lesser ac stats and focus yea.. but like 95% the same errr similar.

Newer or returning players or apps I would think conflag diamond is fine. Learning events, teamwork stacks, multi binds etc.. are still greater than overall gear imho.. yes mora gear helps but is often overrated.
  3. Liljit Augur

Or if it’s that big an issue, farm the EoK raids as well...I mean if you’re in a guild beating RoS content, then EoK raids and thus achievements shouldn’t be too hard...and that Nathsar Diamond is a sexy beast.
    tyrantula likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Logic does not work here, stop that.
    tyrantula likes this.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

My esteemed colleagues have forgotten that EoK armor pieces ARE available from the RoS raid merchant (my cleric who has zero RoS raids can see the Velazul pieces). You have to uncheck the Show Only Items I Can Use box to see the pieces, but they are there. Same price as the RoS slots. So you can use RoS currency to purchase EoK raid armor visibles.

Pretty sure that's the extent of what the devs will ever do. Anyone coming up through raid progression in the future will have the benefit of knowing not to delete old raid pieces.
  6. roth Augur

Its not your fault, TC, nor the fault of anyone in your guild.

Rather, its the fault of DBG. They released one expansion in two parts. Part 1 was called Empires of Kunark, and part 2 was called Ring of Scale.

They are *one* expansion. Stop treating them as two. Stop thinking of them as two. It just happens to be a somewhat larger expansion than has been the norm, with a staggered release between parts 1 and 2.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Traxen Lorekeeper

Have you ever tried to get a ROS/TBL level guild to go back and farm EOK armor for newbs, or get EOTD2? Never happen. People don't show up. Which shows how much they support new guildies. But that's reality. Hell even the EOK open raid on Povar is poorly attended because too few people care to help newer players out.
  8. tyrantula Elder

Velazul's goes like candy on FV.
  9. Liljit Augur

A TBL level guild supports guildies by giving them a full set of TBL gear. ;)

TBL level guilds have most likely....done EoK for achievements for at least 2 years.
    Sokki likes this.
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

^^ This. Trials can have a full set of TBL raid gear before their trial is even over. Multiple runs of Achieves when current and then multiple Achieve runs with pick ups the following year, it's hard to keep people doing the same thing for 2 years in a row let alone 3. Diamonds for Vis spots are fine as a filler until you can get TBL.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

EOTD2 is a single raid that isn't that hard or long to beat anymore, can easily do it when you get a few new players that need it (assuming you are still doing EoK content)
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Let's not act like Scaleborn requiring Velazul's wasn't one of the worst itemization decisions they made in recent years, because it was.

Thankfully, T2/T3 group gear from TBL is extremely competitive with Scaleborn, so there's really not a lot of reason to worry about farming Velazul's anymore.
  13. Liljit Augur

It was, we suffered through it, why would it get changed now, 2 years later when better gearing options are available?
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I didn't say it should get changed, just acknowledging that some of the responses here seemed to be glossing over the fact that it was an awful decision and acting like it was perfectly reasonable. It should have been changed. During Beta. But it wasn't and now is probably too late for anything to happen, as well as it not really mattering now since (as I mentioned) TBL group gear is a perfectly acceptable replacement if TBL raid gear is not an option.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Diamonds are the perfect solution. Easy to obtain. Plentiful. Raid effects/focus on the finished armor. Mats are overflowing most guilds’ inventories (except ore).

This one’s simple, folks. Let this thread die.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

TBL Adamant gear + GMM non vis exceeds RoS raid gear anyway in everything but heroics, clicks, and focus.
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

They are on the ROS raid NPC- but using ROS raid coin to buy them.
    You can use the ROS raid diamonds and make any ROS T0 raid gear with out them.

But Your server should do an EOK pick up raids for access to them and the Raid ACH's to unlock the aug Slot 5 Aug that will still be used the next couple of EXP.

Nathsar Diamond

Slot 5
    STR: 0+80 DEX: 0+80 STA: 0+80 CHA: 0+80 WIS: 0+80 INT: 0+80 AGI: 0+80
    HP Regen +10 Mana Regeneration: +10 Clairvoyance: +100 Spell Damage: +100 Heal Amount: +100 Endurance Regeneration +10
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=128537
  18. Mazame Augur

MS has been running Eok event to help new members get their cheese and aug. So I would not say it never happens. From the time I joined MS they have always been good about going back and getting cheese for it member. I been on run for CotF, TBS, EOK, ROS. all as out dated content to help people get spells / clicky / augs. Those were all events that have happen this year.
    Maybe it time to consider a new guild that more willing to help you out if your current guild not cutting it? Any guild that cares about it members should be willing to help go back. After all like it been pointed out the Aug is worth the effort for guilds to revisit.
    Also when your guild is able to farm TBL then Eok becomes very doable. For a lot of it you don't need a full raid.
  19. Micaiah New Member

Thanks everyone, especially Cragzop.