Proposal: Loyalty Exp + Rares + Faction bonus Next Week

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brontus, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Hail loyal citizens of Norrath!

A storm is coming to the MMO world. As most MMORPG players know, next week the most successful MMORPG of all time -- that shall not be named here -- is releasing a classic version. That MMO in question would not exist if it were not for EverQuest.

I think it would be a wonderful gesture (and brilliant marketing) if Daybreak Games were to reciprocate the loyalty of those players who choose to continue to play EverQuest for all these years. I propose that from August 27 to September 2, that all EQ servers both live and TLP should have a week-long 100% experience, rares and faction bonus. This would conveniently include Labor Day.

Additionally, some kind of free loyalty pet would be another nice gesture for anyone that logs in during that week.

All of us who are here love EverQuest and we want Norrath to continue to exist in all its incarnations for the foreseeable future. I can't think of a better way for Daybreak Games to acknowledge and reward the loyalty of veterans who've been playing this wonderful MMORPG all these years given what will be happening next week.

Thanks for your consideration on this matter.
  2. tyrantula Elder

Great idea, 100% agree.
    Brontus likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

All players who log in should get a classic Fippy Darkpaw illusion. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar, Yinla and Brontus like this.
  4. Brohg Augur

Games Player Proposes Free Stuff - Tune In For More News At 11
    Act of Valor likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not a bad idea. Steal some of the other guys thunder. Actually, it's a pretty normal business tactic. And it should be terribly easy to implement. Publicity+Greater Player Satisfaction topped off by using very little company resources equals a win/win in my book.

I almost always play a paladin so the pet thing wouldn't mean much to me, but it certainly might to others.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Brontus like this.
  6. Coagagin Guild house cat

Oddly sounds appropriate, if not a bit self-serving. Kinda like ice cream.
    Brontus likes this.
  7. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I agree 100%! Fippy Darkpaw is iconic. Awesome suggestion :)
  8. Traxen Lorekeeper

I will stick with an earlier suggestion I made and that is a faster rate of skillups for all tradeskills so you don't need 1000 combines to get one point of skill.
  9. Cadira Augur

Suffer like the rest of us did, pal.

Getting 300 in almost all ts's is a trivial task now adays imo anyways
    Elyssanda, tyrantula and Winnowyl like this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

I'll be very surprised for one.. if we get any more bones weekends or anything like that prior to next expansion launch.
  11. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Somewhat expensive but, none the less, trival as stated.

I 100% agree that those of us who remain loyal should get a little high five from DBG. If anything, you might save some customers who had other thoughts leading up to it.

Let's face it, alot of people have left the game over the years because of the changes that have been made, the newer content, and many other reasons. Not to sound sour, because I am not at all, but alot of current customers play the game, even though they are fed up with DBG's CS. This right here might reverse some of those intense feelings.

If not, cool beans either way!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Mazame Augur

If your talking to "loyal citizens of Norrath!" then we have already made the choice that Norrath is our home and that is where we want to be. So what does it matter what coming out next week it not going to effect "Loyal Players".

"next week the most successful MMORPG of all time" umm are you talking about EQ? because that is what I consider the Most Successful. WOW was an ok mmo that lacked in a number of area. It never lived up to the feel that EQ hand and to this day is only got the player base it has because it a Give away MMO. Meaning that leveling is a joke gear is handed out like it going out of style. In many ways it like they are buying their followers and to me that don't make it successful.

" think it would be a wonderful gesture (and brilliant marketing) if Daybreak Games were to reciprocate the loyalty of those players who choose to continue to play EverQuest for all these years. I propose that from August 27 to September 2, that all EQ servers both live and TLP should have a week-long 100% experience, rares and faction bonus. This would conveniently include Labor Day."

You don't sound very Loyal to me. are you suggesting that if they don't do this your going to leave EQ?

"Additionally, some kind of free loyalty pet would be another nice gesture for anyone that logs in during that week. "

again you sound like you want a hand out. Wow gives them out all the time but for me I don't play EQ be they bribed me with a flavor of the month pet that 1-2 days after it was revived takes up a bank slot and is never looked at again

"All of us who are here love EverQuest and we want Norrath to continue to exist in all its incarnations for the foreseeable future. I can't think of a better way for Daybreak Games to acknowledge and reward the loyalty of veterans who've been playing this wonderful MMORPG all these years given what will be happening next week."

Again I don't need to be bribed to stay with EQ it is the MMO I have picked and I am loyal to it. Nothing happening next week will change that unless they break the server on patch day and I can't log in.
    Nennius and Elyssanda like this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Agree with Cadira on this completely.. that make all button took so much of the hard work out. Tradeskill shave gotten a BUNCH of upgrades over the 2 decades of EQ.. remember nothing stacking? remember having to buy supplies 1 at a time? How about trying to find recipes by trial and error, and error meant you lost EVERYTHING in the container every time? Any idea how many people got treated for Carpal Tunnel? I know of at least 5 back pre-2007, out of the small number of people I knew back then. Nowadays it's nearly set it and forget it..
    Cadira, Nennius and Mazame like this.
  14. Colonel Zuppendaff New Member

If they increase exp, faction, and rares to 100% I would buy a heroic toon + an expac.
  15. Colonel Zuppendaff New Member

for the week / weekend or whatever.
  16. Riou EQResource

Labor day is the next bonus exp time, it should be +100% exp, but only EXP none of the other things, and no marketplace discount bonus like last year, it will likely be similar dates as last year too, august 31-september 5
  17. Traxen Lorekeeper

This mentality always amazes me. No you can't have it better you have to be as miserable as we were. By your mentality we should get rid of the UI with recipes for tradeskills and use the RSI-inducing old interface from when the game launched.
  18. Duder Augur

What do you want? Some one else did it the hard way before you... Great, now give it to you for no or very little effort or time put in and for free? Your thinking is what baffles and amazes me. What I hear you saying is that the time and effort others have put into something is worth less than your time and effort, thus, you should be able to have the same reward as the people who have done the work and put in the time. That's what I read.
    Conq likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, we should.

There is nothing difficult about tradeskills. The effort to get them is what made them a valuable commodity at one time. Now they are a joke.

Being able to buy 100 of one item in the bazaar, pop a salvage potion, then let the auto combine function (in a low lag zone) just auto afk you to 300 skill is pathetic.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Am I the only one that remembers that only one person at a time could use a tradeskill container? And you had to wait for the other person to finish. This is why there is more than one of each in POK.

But it was really cool when the last person left something in the brew barrel or oven:D Free tradeskill items!
    Conq, Yinla and Elyssanda like this.