I crunched the numbers...and here's what I came up with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

I've been working on Feature Articles for The EverQuest Show's website and I wanted to share a little of that with you all.

Outside of the 4 episodes that are now available (and Ep 5 dropping on patch day), I want to continue providing NPR-style in-depth feature stories about EverQuest, the franchise and related themes.

So, today I crunched all the data surrounding the previous expansion release dates and made an educated guess on the next expansion release date!

What do you think? Think it will happen?

You should also check out some of the other recent articles on EQ Anagrams (see any I missed?) and the top 5 most played races and classes in EQ.

If you have time, let me know what you think, and be sure to share and promote the show and website if you have time and follow us on facebook! Keeping EQ front and center helps keep the game alive and kicking!

I'm always looking for story ideas, player stories and more!

Fading
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Your numbers look good. And I even have friends who aren't gamers watch episodes with me. The great production values makes the game seem more mainstream in my opinion.

If only Sheldon had gotten your help with Fun with Flags. :)
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Fading...be careful. People are going to start taking you seriously as a journalist if you keep this up!! ;)

Fantastic work. Every episode makes me look forward to the next even more! Thanks for what you're doing here...really...Thank you.
  4. Lubianx Augur

I like numbers :)

There is one important bit of info that you have missed; Rain of Fear was actually released in 3 stages, November for the main, April for Shadow of Fear and July for Heart of Fear. Whilst technically they were all part of the Rain of Fear expansion, there were new zones, raids, gear, class weapons, shinies, quests, currency etc. Almost sounds like expansions to me.
  5. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

Coirnav = corvina
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Pretty safe bet the expansion will be released in calendar 2019 because booking that revenue is job #1. To delay or defer it for even one month would put the bean counters in a royal tizzy! So it will be released no matter the actual state of completion. I especially love how they manage to release flawed content, then give all the Devs most of the month off for the holidays and leave the players to fend for themselves until mid-January.
    Tucoh, Elyssanda and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I like numbers too :)

Call of the Forsaken was the same way, it also had several tiers added after the initial release. All new zones, quests, raids and what not. I'm not sure exactly what month those all dropped though. I wouldn't go as far as calling the individual releases expansions, but they were pretty significant.

December 10th sounds about right. That was a pretty good breakdown :)
  8. Monkman Augur

I’m betting January release.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

Missing the holiday season is a huge financial no-no.
  10. Mintalie Augur

Lifetime memberships were December 2018... were they extended into 2019? If so, they could justify pushing the release.

Personally I'd prefer a January 2020 release so as to not interfere with the holidays.
  11. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

It'll be December, it'd be nice if they reverse engineered lockouts so nobody ends up having to raid December 24/25th... (Release Date Dec 6/7/8/11/12/13/16/17/18 ~ /whistle)
  12. Allayna Augur

Or how about a revolutionary new idea. T1 is available from 12/X - 1/30, when T2 unlocks.....for everyone (that has beaten T1).
    T2 is available from 1/30-3/1....when T3 unlocks for everyone (that has beaten T2). Then no one "thinks" they have to raid lockouts anymore.

This would also mean a return to killing a boss once flags you for the next raids, although you'd have to wait for the date of unlock.
    Tucoh, Yinla, Nniki and 3 others like this.
  13. Sancus Augur

I approve. I have the 10th and 11th of December off, and any math that indicates a release then seems valid to me.

Also, yeah, I'd much prefer staggered raid launches (either by tier, or just open everything a month later) to the current keying system.
    Nniki and Allayna like this.
  14. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

It'd ruin my Drunken 6am Saturday raids, but probably a better solution overall for the playerbase
    Allayna likes this.
  15. Fading Illusion Augur

About the nicest compliment I could get. I mean, I'm not sure how you improve upon Fun With Flags though.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Derd Augur

Nobody has to raid those days, they choose to.
  17. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

And yet a lot of us would infact choose to, I'd prefer not to, but we would. I didn't think it was an unreasonable ask, especially considering the first tier of raids is all this would impact and most guilds who raid lockouts will have those 3 (Probably) raids down on day 1 barring another broken quest. Why not just make the small effort to decide not to launch on a date that would line up poorly with a 4.5-5 day lockout cycle for those few Guilds since it doesn't effect anyone else negatively. Just my 2c
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

For example, let's say they launch the 8th (A Sunday, so already a good choice), Guilds Raiding True Lockouts will then likely end up Raiding the morning of the 13th (A Friday), the night of the 17th (Tuesday), the Morning of the 22nd (Sunday) then night of the 26th (Thursday). Or, if flagging/events are easy and they have full force on at server up, potentially raid the night of the 12th (Thursday), Morning of the 17th, night of the 21st and morning of the 26th

Guilds Raiding Night Lockouts would raid the 13th-18th-23rd-28th

Guilds Raiding once a week would raid 15th-22nd-29th.

The 8th *Should* avoid Christmas Day/Eve conflicts for anyone that downs T1 on launch day
  19. Allayna Augur

I thought only 1 guild raided 4.5 day lockouts anymore. Someone besides ROI does?
  20. Sancus Augur

Oh, I forgot the mornings that MS raided in TBL didn't count :rolleyes:
    Rowanoak likes this.