Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Diptera Augur

Think this will never happen, as it would allow you to bypass content by simply flying over it - we already have zones where levitation is disabled for this reason.

There have always been places where it was possible to cheat your way past (or through) geometry - some of them got fixed - this is why the effect on Grav Flux was changed; and some of them got punished - Earring of Sad Exploitation, anybody? - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=17057

Can't imagine that they'd want to put in something that made it possible to skip content.. at least not without doing something to counter it, such as unlimited z-axis agro, and giving all mobs a ranged attack that knocks you off your mount, causing you to take falling damage ;)
  2. Angahran Augur

Could someone please fix the 'copy layout' so it recognizes hotbar sizes?!
    Caell likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I bet it would be used a lot for older raid items that are still used today such as items with a good click effect where someone has the raids needed to purchase it but not enough currency and others have currency they don't have anything to do with.
    Coagagin likes this.
  4. Poonghie New Member

Divine Resistance AA (2 levels)

Level 1: 200 AA, Lvl 111 required

Allows you to see the top two resistance types of your target, when you /con them.

e.g.

A Shady Swashbuckler is resistant to fire and magic.

Level 2: 200 AA, Lvl 115 required

Allows you to see the top two resistance types and values of your target.

e.g.

A Shady Swashbuckler is resistant to fire (1000) and magic (900).

Might also be nice to have a Divine Weakness AA line (or somehow merge it with resistance) with weapon-type weakness, such as:

A Shady Swashbuckler is more susceptible to damage from blunt weapons (-100).
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

no. Most of our zone geometry does not support flying.
  6. Dewey Augur

While I know that you know what your talking about; I just want to add this. There is no real difference between flying and swimming.

If you wanted to do flying just make it a water world and change the color of the water. Then give everyone a buff that has enduring breath on it, but label it otherwise. Say it's a magic buff that allows you to fly as long as you think happy thoughts.
  7. Brohg Augur

have you done swimming in EQ? fighting, underwater, in EQ? is that how you think everywhere in EQ should be?
  8. Lilura Augur

You're not going to get a proper Z axis or flying in and out of water ala WoW without a migration off a DirectX 9 engine. And that is as likely to happen as hell freezing over.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1. pets marked on the map, mine has a tendancey to wander off and start killing something where I don't know where it is!

2. Loot only drops in a mission for the classes that are present, cutting back on loot rots.
    Coagagin likes this.
  10. Drogba Augur

It would be nice if they included something that provides the same bonus as the drogan goblin familiar (or just add that to the marketplace) as its an unobtainable upgrade that new players can never acquire.
    Brohg likes this.
  11. Mikoto 10086 New Member

New AA for pet class to see what stats/gear the current pet is(Level 1).
    Another advanced AA that will allow player to exchange the items on pet.

New AA for all class.
    Enable/Disable the ability to see the target's stats/resistance via /con command.
  12. Diptera Augur

I think Ngreth may have been alluding to the fact that the sky is not as empty as it looks - I know many of the older zones have all sorts of "invisible walls", which may not have been intended as such, but are just artifacts of how the zone geometry is put together - a really good example of this is if you levi across Stoneroot Falls heading from Undershore to The Hive, there is a point about half way where you slam up against an invisible wall, and have to drop down under it in order to get across.

The original East Freeport was similar - it was possible to get yourself stuck on top of some of the houses there by dropping down on them from a height, then finding yourself hemmed in on all sides (and unable to climb over the invisible walls, so you better be a porting class...).

To add true flight to the game (even if they wanted to), I believe there would need to be a review and update of every zone in the game to clear the airspace.

Another factor is whether this would make it possible to position yourself where you could safely attack a mob without getting hit back...
  13. Allayna Augur

One mount that seems to be the exception is the knight pegasus mount. Definitely appears to "hold levi" better than other mounts. As in you don't drift downward like most levi mounts. Related/tangential note, some toons fall like rocks and others like feathers, despite the "feather" toon having more weight, any comment as to what causes that?
  14. Raccoo Augur

If you're playing in third person, before you switch, make sure your character is looking up/upwards, that does noticeable change the rate that your sink while levitating. I haven't noticed any sort of levitation working different, but also don't use the pegasus mount on my SK. I'll have to start testing it out.
  15. Raccoo Augur

Just tested Golden Rhino + Bobbing Corpse III, vs SK pegasus (been using Unholy Steed), and both ended up about the same spot when I fly across PoK from library to a zone wall.
  16. Absor Developer

It's more than that. A lot of old zones have structures with no roof, or at least one that can't be seen from the top (one-sided textures). Not to mention opening up even more ways of exploiting than are already available due to levitation. And, yes, people would find new ways to get stuck in places.
  17. Thrillho Augur

Who gets their head stuck in a dryer?!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Absor Developer

Check your drier for warning labels. If it says to not put your head in it, then someone has done it.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Teylana Elder

This one pretty much made my day.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.