Sk idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sithsonn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. sojero One hit wonder

I think pally dps should be brought in line with the rest of the tanks. But i think turning stuff undead should be left to necro, and be added to sk, give us a 6 second turn undead ability.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

So working with the team we have come up with the following idea:

seeing how SK's already have a line of dots for extra dps against plants, it would only make sense if they received a slay plants that is on par with Pally' slay undead. The AA would be called Bush Slayer.

We then need to get Druids an AA to do their plant turn, and give rangers a mini plant turn aa. We can call this AA Green thumb and Green pinky
    Drayman and Nniki like this.
  3. Allayna Augur

Idk...I'm looking forward to 5 min duration mortal coil next expansion. It's cool that nothing stops you from chain proc'n that AA either =)
  4. sojero One hit wonder

sure, just add blessing of the faithful to it and give it to both of the knights. Down with the warrior overlords!
  5. Allayna Augur

SKs need slay the living, works on all non-undead mobs.
    Teylana, Flatchy and tyrantula like this.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

No that would be to op!
  7. Allayna Augur

Wait? So there is a limit?

Also: too*
    Teylana likes this.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

There is always a limit. No means No.
  9. Drogba Augur

I see all these class threads asking for stuff, and trying to reach a consensus, so that perhaps they can say in a unified voice 'we need x'.

I'm ignorant as to whether there's any point in that, though personally i prefer surprises. I would think one of the perks of being a dev would be to come up with your own ideas on this sort of stuff.

Though iirc i think a dev asked last beta what some classes would like, so maybe that will come up again.
  10. Raccoo Augur

Think it's just spitballing ideas that people hope will get picked up by a dev. But probably only going to get boring upgrades to existing AAs, if we're lucky, last expansion some classes didn't even get that.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Here here, it just makes sense! If not every living being give us at least haflings, I still have nightmares of those lil bastages in Neriak forest doing me in many times as a lil one.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

IIRC the devs have said they do their own thing. They will sometimes come ask, but only then does it matter what we give, and even then I have found 1/100 is adapted and when that is adapted, it is different than what we ask for usually in a way that makes it useless. though that is no fault of the dev most the time because it would be hard to implement in such a short time, or OP when combined with stuff.

With all the Devs having so limited time, through no fault of their own (again) I expect very limited upgrades and nothing new, maybe one thing per class and that would have been decided long ago so they had time to work on it between other projects. These are just fantasy threads.
    Drogba likes this.
  13. shiftie Augur

It used to matter I miss those days
    Kleitus_Xegony likes this.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

Your right it did, and the things you got through were amazing. Prob one of the reasons we don't get any say anymore, and eli being gone.
  15. Lubianx Augur

Whilst this would be nice, I am not sure this is going to happen unless devs opinions change.

Pallies were going to get this in DoDH. Silent Piety was a self only DI in beta of DoDH. It was changed to chance to resist a spell by 10% when it went live (which of cause doesn't work on a lot of spells these days). The rationale at the time was that only clerics were going to get a DI type of spell, of cause Shaman and Druids got Second Life in Serpent Spire which is similar, but that's another story.
  16. Sithsonn Elder

so salty
  17. Liljit Augur

Nothing compares to mortal coil. Or SK epic. Or the mitigation/rune that SKs get, cascading theft of defense. Last time I hit a crush on a paladin I didn’t suddenly get a 100% mitigation rune of 50K. Last time I killed a mob, I didn’t suddenly increase the amount of self healing from swinging....
    tyrantula likes this.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

You get more healing on demand from many abilities, and you get more dps from killing a mob, trade offs. also our cascading is 18% chance to fire and 10k per hit up to 5 hits, its nice but not reliable. its about the same as spurn just not on demand.
  19. Brohg Augur

Feel like sojero is Meatloafing paladins. Totally "on paladins' side", totally "in favor of paladin things", just ... not [whatever's being talked about in any given moment]. Other things, though! Solidarity! On... other things, not [whatever might be on deck right now]

20. sojero One hit wonder

I have said i support some thing over there, most are just out of wack and have no chance of being implemented. Most pally seem to want to have all the pally tools and the sk tools, which is fine if they gave sk all the pally tools too, but then, don't you think that would make both classes a bit to OP?

Other than my having fun in the sk thread, I have said nothing in the other thread that wasn't true and backed up. I personally cannot think of anything right now that sk need new that wouldn't be over powered so i don't actually ask for it. Standard upgrades are fine for us right now.

As for pallies, they have some weaknesses (DPS) but their healing is not one of them, but I do support censure coming up from -15 res to something like -100, that would make it land way more often, and help their dps a little, and healing a little, nothing op.