Bots, auto afkers on camps, Rules regarding.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rebik Botslayer, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Ghubuk Augur

So freaking untrue. Just check out how rampant they are on live.
    Warpeace likes this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

Fluid, can you quote where dbg promised increased GM oversight or account ban protection?
  3. Fluid Augur

User base input on what was bothering them [bots, bugs, RMT, ...], SONY/DB response as above. Not exactly a leap and I am sure others remember it going down that way. I mean just who does the the enforcement of the rules outlined? GMs right? Suspended and banned accounts are exactly what they do since day one. Did you have something else in mind for what they meant by "Doing any of the following on Mangler may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:" Just what exactly do you think that means? That they were going to taunt you?

I kind of grow tired of your questioning this now that I have pointed you to the official DB FAQ for the server, you read it. Banning is exactly what they do. The clip I posted is directly from FAQ and is explicit. If you don't think it means what it means, fine but tell it to someone who cares. Maybe read the title of this thread. Seven pages of people registering dismay over what was supposed to be tends to make me think most people read the ethos of the server the same way I do.
  4. Nessirfiti Augur

Yeah, none of that says they're going to have increased GM presence.
  5. Fluid Augur

/

You are just looking to waste my time going back through years of posts. The FAQ is absolutely clear. There is nothing arbitrary about it. You are trying to say if the chief of police says they are going to enforce the law by giving violators speeding tickets, it could be possible he didn't mean that cops were going to do it. Mailmen perhaps? Not the least of which is I didn't put it in quotes, I seem to recall was what I said and the FAQ supports that.

No amount of equivocating or deflection by botters or RMT sellers will change the fact they are violating the TOS and shard rules. It is the old 'I said I would pay you but I didn't say when' type scamming that all liars and con artist use.
  6. Febb Augur

No one is refuting what they said in the FAQ. We all know what these botters are doing is against the rules. That doesn't mean that what they meant in the FAQ was an increased presence of GM's on the server. These rules exist on the live servers as well and there isn't an increased presence of GM's on those servers either and the live servers pull in more money than the progression servers.

You can kick and scream all you want but Daybreak is a small company now with a fraction of the GM's they once had. They apparently have higher priorities than to babysit 1 progression server. The only way these botters will go away is if the developers code in solutions to deal with them.

We all know once they get banned, they'll be back on new accounts. Same crap, different day.
  7. yerm Augur

Chief of police: "we will be lowering the speed limit on combine ave from 45 to 35 and on sleeper st from 30 to 25. Violaters will be ticketed"
    You: "wow they are hiring tons of new police officers to give out tickets!"
    (no new cops are hired, people keep driving over the speed limit)
    You: "where are the police? They promised us tons of new officers!"
    SunDrake likes this.
  8. Indar New Member

Daybreak should start selling heroic characters on TLP
  9. Indar New Member

10. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's fine just no 200 hp mounts in gates of discord.
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

Let's be honest here, they aren't a problem like they are on the start of TLPs. This forum is riddled with posts regarding this very subject. I don't see these type of posts in the general or "live" sections.
  12. code-zero Augur

And the OP who described his plan to "train-not train" people he accused of being bots is still missing since July 19th....
  13. Mr Blue Sky Elder

It's possible the original poster just got tired of the bots and quit.
    Which is exactly what I did, cancelled my accounts.

I'll play on the test server or ftp if I get some nostalgia.
    I'm not paying to play a game where everyone cheats, I don't see the point.
    potatoface likes this.
  14. Jezzie Augur

I wish everybody would post why they stopped playing but unfortunately players just drift away.
    For me these "truebox" servers are almost as bad as Ragefire and Lockjaw when it comes to automation being used to box.
    When people are running around openly 12+ boxing on a "truebox" server then I'm of the opinion that the concept has failed, the workarounds are in place.
    I have years worth of krono and could play for free but why would I waste them on a bot server?
    I had a lot of fun playing EQ over the years and met many cool people including boxers and botters, I just think it's a shame that those who bot don't seem to be able to comprehend the damage they do to these games.
    EQ has been my main MMO, I considered trying EQ2, I know Holly likes that one so I figured the botting would be less of an issue but when I went to download the game I read the forums and it seems botting is an issue there too.
    Maybe I'm just too old and using the 3rd party programs is the way all the MMO's are played these days but it's not for me.
    potatoface likes this.
  15. potatoface Journeyman

Pretty much the same. No point in paying a subscription for the unmitigated mess.
  16. code-zero Augur

You know, this whole thread is surreal. I understand fully people being frustrated however all those people farming junk 24/7 whether they are using sweatshop labor or sophisticated VM's are doing it because they can sell their production to a great many people.

Those people have a huge market or else they wouldn't be working so hard at it.

Sure you can buy and sell and wrangle enough to stash back enough Krono to last yourself a very long time. Some overdo it and end up making dumb threads asking for alternative uses for all the Krono they stash above whatever they wanted.

Going back to the OP, his lasts posts detailed how he was going to "pull through the bots" or whatever and he's not posted since. I doubt that he just sat down and thought, "yeah that's a bad idea, I'll go play ESO and forget this mess"
  17. Ghubuk Augur

Seeing as how I was replying to his statement that past a certain expansion they aren't to be seen, my statement stands.
  18. Nessirfiti Augur

They really aren't. I've never seen them on Phinny.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Same. Lots of boxed groups but no huge armies and no botting that I have seen.
  20. Machen New Member

This is actually a pretty good analogy. Generally these days when the chief of police says they are going to increase enforcing speeding violations, he DOES mean mailmen, because he means automated cameras that don't need to be monitored by actual police officers and will send tickets by mail. Similar situation with many of the things involved in the FAQ. It doesn't take a GM to hand out VM bans, the game detects it automatically. Emcue was supposed to be dealt with via software rather than GM, as was key broadcasting. And now that it turns out that their software doesn't work, you can see the predictible result--still little to no GM enforcement, as they do not have the manpower.