How to destroy the 3rd party Krono market in 1 easy step

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scoober, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Scoober New Member

Make krono like WoW game tokens. DBG sells them once to the customer, the customer sells them once to the end-user, the end user uses it now or later but can never trade it again.

Right now, krono having no restrictions on being traded is giving farmers a super easy way to turn plat into real money, with little way for DBG to track/enforce RMT traders.

You remove this avenue and most of these sellers would have to resort to trading large sums of plat through gold seller sites and the in-game economy wouldn't be horribly distorted by the existence of krono as an additional currency.
  2. Machen New Member

Why would they want to do such a thing? It is working as intended.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

As a top 1%'er who is adamantly opposed to RMT I will take your idea into consideration.
  4. SunDrake Augur

This.
  5. code-zero Augur

Krono are here to stay and TLP only exist because of Krono based subs. What you think is a scourge is what DBG counts on to keep those servers open.
  6. Spacejammer New Member

Kronos were intended to be traded.
  7. Scoober New Member

How does making them not tradable after the first time they are bought, change this?

hint: it doesn't, it just removes the exterior RMT market for them
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

By turning off levitation in Plane of Fire, I believe we will see a drastic reduction in the external RMT markets. Prove me wrong.

Hint: you can't!
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Considering how many also use krono to fuel their box accounts this would be a major hindrance if they had to make the purchase from that specific account. It also takes away the ability to invest in krono futures at different points in the game if you have excess plat or want to take a break from the game for a few months.

I can't see this being a net positive change.
  10. AcemoneyFV Augur

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Why do people continue to be silly? :rolleyes:
  11. Scoober New Member

Uhh, what? Take a knock to the head as a kid there?
  12. code-zero Augur

Hint: they are intended to be freely traded in game between players for in game items

Krono FAQ

You are not the first person to suggest this and you won't be the last. The entire purpose of this is so that if I wish I could farm plat/items on TLP to trade for Krono and then use that Krono to subscribe my second or third accounts back on my real play server. I can swap Krono around, gift them to my girlfriend, whatever I like and despite not liking them when they first came out finding that they're pretty darned handy to have and use
  13. taliefer Augur

i actually like this idea, and i use krono to pay for 3 of my accounts. itd be a minor annoyance having to move plat around to make the purchase of the krono on the account i wanted to use it for, but thats it.

i doubt it happens, but krono basically allows you to buy currency on one server for use on another server. i dont see how thats actually a healthy game mechanic.
  14. Nessirfiti Augur

and then the third party currency sellers go back to Plat. Net result is you hurt people who are using Krono legitimately. Good job! :rolleyes:
    Meridian and code-zero like this.
  15. Nessirfiti Augur

And so does joining a different servers general channel and buying items on server A with plat or items on server B. the difference is, Kronos are somewhat less scam-able.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. code-zero Augur

At the end of the day you aren't getting rid of RMT you're just hurting a lot of people who are using an item that's very handy and convenient
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Obviously you're new here.

Edit: Disabling lev in the Plane of Fire is a long-standing meme of sorts.
    Dythan likes this.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Used to mock ridiculous ideas by attaching an equally pointless and wrong idea. /Nod
  19. Mad_Mikey Elder

And right on cue, the usual gang of white knights for the bot/RMT crowd arrive.
    Indar and Yummydain like this.
  20. yerm Augur

A krono nerf would cripple dbg's sales while the rmt economy will always adapt, eg back to selling plat directly.

The way to stop rmt is to stop paying real money for .
    Chatoyan, code-zero and Dythan like this.