New chat channel: Raid Class

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It would be 16 raid channels, which either would either greatly increase the amount of messages required to be sent out while also preventing Raid Leaders from being able to join any of their raids sub channels except for their own classes. Also, if any people would use the proposed raid class say then that would explicitly prevent anyone from other classes from seeing what is going on.

It would be much simpler to implement and more useful to simply increase the number of chat channels a character can join at a single time.
    Allayna and Elyssanda like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

I could get behind /rc1-25 that could be added to the raid tool. That way you could pick which raid channels to join or not join and not have issues with the universal chat service going down.

I see why people are asking for class channels, alliance rotations, debuffs/buffs, assignments.

I see why limiting it to class is a terrible idea. We have tank/healer channel, all warriors, sks, pallies, druids, shaman, clerics and sometimes melee dps will join so they know who is tanking what mob, when DIs are finished etc.

This should be bundled into the ABSOLUTELY necessary revamp to the raid tool that had so many good suggestions in another thread.
  3. Bahdah Augur

This idea wont affect your class combined channels.. Its not something you will HAVE to use.. I mean who uses channels like /auction, shout.. Aside from tlp i guess some would say they use but i hardly see it. And by class combined channels i mean a universal chat channel that many say they combined classes in.
  4. Fian Augur

I don't expect elite raiders to use /rc. This was for more pickup raids. Elite raiders keep trying to change the design to fit their needs instead.
  5. Machen New Member

There is -- just redirect that channel to a minimized window for the night.
  6. Fian Augur

Excellent suggestion. I never thought of that.
    Machen likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

Chat tabs are amazing for that.