How Much Would You Pay for a Private Pick?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

We need a downvote button.
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Nothing.
  3. Nickatropolis Augur

You don't have to be rich to invest a few dollars into everquest. $50-100 a month into a hobby many players spend 100 hours a month on is certainly not something you need to be rich to do.
  4. That0neguy Augur

Because thats the way the world works. Get used to it.
  5. I'm Not A Robot Lorekeeper

If you look hard enough I'm sure you can find someone that would be willing to trade you a few Krono for food stamps.
  6. Dresden Journeyman

Not a damn thing if I wanted to play single player games I wouldn't play everquest.
  7. Iyacc Augur

Because they are willing to pay for a service that you are not?
  8. Ruhi Augur

went from no picks, to picks, and now private picks?

also, yet another thread on mangler stuffs .... --> if the mangler community really wanted it to stop, you have several big zergy guilds that should be able to come together to make it happen.

There are many repetitive posts on this topic here lately. Stop whining on the forums and do something as a server community (that's within the rules -> dps race) -> bam done.

or just do what the smart folks do and play on selos - our kr cheaper than your kr!
  9. urbanbo70 Elder

This just in, the botters have already figured out how to hack into your private pick.
  10. Aziuno Augur

The root cause of the issue you see is Player power being too high from all the changes over time. I assume you can see more balancing happening over time, such as the focus effects.

That, and people abusing to the inconvenience of others, AE killing, will probably get that nerfed.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Well since this thread is pointless, as the hardware to make it happen isn't being used, I'll say I'd pay 10,000 dollars for my private pick!
  12. Barder-mangler Augur

Private picks under a subscription model (2kr a month = 10 picks a month etc or some variation) is a fantastic idea. Similar to subscription gyms/AMC premiere etc, not everyone would use all their picks. If it’s scaled properly, (1 added server = 50 subscriptions or something), it should also be very popular and profitable. This can make good business sense, and give people a way to actually xp and play in peace, instead of being AE trained in Sebilis/guk etc.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

How about instead of this they just make LDoN and LoY part of classic EQ available from launch for any server.

If someone is AEing all of Sebilis, Velketor or the Deep, there are always Hard 55-60 instanced LDoNs available for you to do. You could flag any item over 400~ or so LDoN points to a later expansion so that the gear isn’t a big issue.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

How about instead of this, they disable levitation in Plane of Fire.
  15. Ruhi Augur

roflmao - the real kibbles and bit right here guys .....
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Until you get a year in and realize that you no longer need private picks due to low population. Now that extra krono a month is just getting burned for the duration of your time on that server.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Would be much better to make a private /pick cost 500 DB bucks each
    Each private /pick lasts 6 to 8 hours with re-spawns

Then you can add in 2 private /pick credits per krono

And you'll quickly have a money maker on both fronts and remove a ton of the bots / farmers ability to leverage items against the population.
    Chatoyan and Accipiter like this.
  18. Xhartor Augur

Just have a station coin buy an item that ports a group into the private pick and make the item temporary. That would allow you cycle new people into the pick if the group changes, or bring in character intended to act OOG help. f the zone is empty for half an hour, have it despawn and reload if the group ports back in.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's a good point.

Although the counter could be that it seems most people only play eq tlp for about a year before they quit or hop to a new server.
  20. Barder-mangler Augur

It would require some extra coding, but ideally I think it would be a button next to the “consume krono” button that says “Pick subscription” and it would allow you to add 30 day increments with its own separate countdown. Now that I think about it more though creating a store item for DB points makes a lot of sense too, maybe doing both would be ideal to increase overall usage.