How Much Would You Pay for a Private Pick?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Good people of Norrath, I come to you today with a question:

How much would you pay for a private zone pick?

I do not ask this question lightly. As someone who played EQ back in 1999 for 6 years and came back to TLP servers a few years ago I think this may be the only solution that will be palatable to Daybreak Games.

We've all been there. It's been a long day at the office. You just got off work, had dinner with the wife and kids. Finally, you've got a few hours to yourself. So you load up EverQuest. You finally get online! At last you can go to a dungeon and play your alter ego in a world of magic and danger.

So you pay for a port from a druid or wiz. You get together with your friends. You enter the deep and dark dungeon in anticipation. You buff up. You assign a main assist and a master looter. You even burn an experience pot -- now you are ready to mete out some justice to these foul creatures!

You soon realize that no mobs are up. Everything is dead. You wait and wait but nothing happens. Then the mobs start to spawn. You think: "At last, I can start having fun!".

Not so fast. Suddenly the zone is filled with players with strange sounding names and of course they are all anon. Suddenly you see a train of 50 mobs running past you. Then these players proceed to pull them to a far away location in the dungeon. Within a minute the mobs are all dead.

Many of us have come back to TLP servers had the misfortune to experience a Norrath that is dominated by a virtual mafia of RMTers, botters, hackers, AOEers, farmers and other assorted miscreants. These people are essentially running Norrath. Want a Circlet of Shadow, forget about actually vanquishing the rare spawn that drops it. Instead you must buy it from the CoS farmers who have the spawn locked down 24/7. The same is true of Golden Efreeti Boots, Ring of the Ancients, various class epic spawns and other items too numerous to mention.

Daybreak Games like to make money. EverQuest players like to play EverQuest. Peanut butter meet chocolate. Together we can come to a solution. Let players purchase their own private picks where they can adventure, hunt and roam with their friends unmolested by the unsavory individuals mentioned above.

Everyone wins. Daybreak wins because they make more money. Players who want privacy win because they can adventure. Of course, this is not for everyone. Players who can't afford to do so, can continue to play EQ normally.

So how much would you pay to have your own private pick?

I'm a whale and I would pay 1000 Daybreak points for a private pick that I can invite my friends into.

Please Daybreak Games consider this. Thanks for your time today.
    Graethos likes this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

RSS needs an AOC on selo for sure. Paid, unpaid, doesnt matter, it's needed.
  3. roth Augur

This is why you stay off of TLP and instead play on a live server.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. taliefer Augur

0 dollars. but id pay an extra buck or 5 a month if theyd hire a damn gm or two to police the servers and get rid of the blatant automation
    Graethos, Chatoyan, Teylana and 5 others like this.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

They can't solve wicked easy automation enforcement.
    You think they can handle server load issues with tons of /picks?

It's like asking someone to change out an engine in their car that can't even find the dipstick. :rolleyes:
  6. SunDrake Augur

Absolutely nothing.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

2 krono per month without hesitation.
  8. That0neguy Augur

Easily would pay extra krono per month. or a higher sub rate or a 1 time transaction of DBC to be able to do this.
  9. Xhartor Augur

Some of these you can spawn a weekly DZ of to see if the names pop and dungeon crawl. However that may conflict with your guild raiding plans.

Should raid target targets spawn in these purchased instants of zones? (Or a higher price tag for raid targets)
    This is clearly a pay-to-win idea, but creating additional revenue allows it get past some the problems you would expect to have.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

If they aren't going to police in game afk botters then aty least this gives you something to soak up krono. I'd rather farm my gear than pay afk players any day.
  11. Barder-mangler Augur

I would personally pay up to 3kr/month per account, yes I’d shell out 9kr a month between my 3 accounts happily.

Don’t even have to include raid targets, I think that would be too imbalanced/unfair to those not using it.
  12. Tobynn Augur

Not a dime.
  13. Camniala New Member

Krono, DBC, or a one time purchase. Would be totally worth it.. However, this is kind of rewarding bad behavior imo.
    Graethos likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

The people that actually last on tlp are those that can play alongside the bad behavior. Unfortunately, that's because dbg hasn't stepped up to the plate and enforced the few in game rules they have.

A 3 day suspension for hacking isn't going to effect change.
    Graethos and Xanathol like this.
  15. Ceffener Augur

If the problem is people locking down content and demanding Krono for items/mobs, then the solution is probably not requiring users to pay Krono to unlock content.

Your solution is to solve the problem by having users do the exact thing they are complaining about having to do.
  16. Dahaman Augur

I pay an XP penalty but I avoid the "virtual mafia of RMTers, botters, hackers, AOEers, farmers and other assorted miscreants" as stated by the OP. The XP penalty will also become an XP bonus in 6 to 10 months.

It's not a private server by any stretch, but it is pretty peaceful all the same.

Plus... Pet Group Buffs... so nice! :-D
  17. Dahaman Augur

18. Death2Gnomes New Member

DBG needs all the money they can get, and another excuse to ignore the TLP community, everyone on TLP servers think its ok to screwover or rip off the next guy because DBG does not enforce its own policies and rules. The economies are so easily manipulated by those that bot and 3+ box because of the lack of resolve on DBG's part.

NO, I wont pay and this is a very bad idea, it will ruin the economy further and any old school experience EQ once had to offer.

Train to zone anyone? Nope no one there on a private pick.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Development team already stated they don't want people to have their own instanced personal XP zones. Maybe someone can link that post to here for relivance.

Over all this idea would not help EQ and give a greater advantage to the automated crews. Daybreak needs to enforce their rules plain and simple. But, as long as people are still paying them every month why should they change their behavior?
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I would pay for the ability to close other people's private picks. Why should only rich people have the ability to get their own instances?
    Death2Gnomes likes this.