Need help identifying a DoN event

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

With the Omens of War guide done I've moved on to Dragons of Norrath. I've been cataloging all the drops and I have everything laid out nice and neat except for 4 items.

From various research I think these come from a non-instanced event in Thundercrest involving "Lore Warden" and "Messenger Drake"s in the northwest but I can't find any data about any of them. This ring bells for anybody?
  2. mackal Augur

This is the Lore Warden fight I believe.

The missing items are called Stormreach Cloak and Staff of the Goldscale.

Lore Warden has a really horrible spawn timer (he's up for like 2 hours every 24 hours ish)
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Hmm, that odd spawn pattern might be why it is so unknown.

On the topic of Thundercrest, was it ever determined if the oscillating rares was intentional? From what I've learned in research it seems that not all rare/ph mobs spawn at the same time, for example Hidekazu's ph may be spawning ever 16 minutes while Hidetada's spot remains empty, and the another day the reverse will be true. It is a huge zone with 20 unique rares, so maybe it was intended.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There's events in open world Thundercrest?!
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

6. Nniki Augur

The Yar`Lir raid event chest on ZAM has the items from the below event tagged (can easily tell which ones by their stats). The chest is simply called "a chest".
    [IMG]
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

That's a beautiful picture and made me laugh. Unfortunately I have no ZAM powers anymore so I can't correct it :(
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nniki like this.
  8. Nniki Augur

Found the Lore Warden event up. Here are some pics:
    https://imgur.com/a/UX3Erwd
    https://i.imgur.com/6iUofWS.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/NQSWkYB.gif

Event

Lore Warden and 4x Messenger Drake are inactive.
    - Drakes constantly roam outside of room and tether back
    Event triggered by keyword, "no".
    2x Guardian of the Past and 1x Sentinel of Antiquity spawn and attack.
    - These will aggro you thru the wall if you tether them / drop aggro and get close enough to the room
    - I let the event sit at this point for like 5-10 minutes, and it never reset
    - Kill them to trigger second stage of the event
    Lore Warden and 4x Messenger Drake go active.
    - Lore Warden grows in size
    - If you leash them, they drop aggro, and the messenger drakes go back to roaming outside of the room; you can aggro them outside of the room without the Lore Warden assisting
    - Also let it sit for some time at this point to take some pics, and it never reset
    - Kill them to finish event
    Lore Warden drops 1x item.

NPCs

2x Guardian of the Past
    1x Sentinel of Antiquity
    4x Messenger Drake
    1x Lore Warden

Text

You say, 'Hail, Lore Warden'

Lore Warden says, 'I could have tolerated you as long as you didn't disturb me. Leave the Hall now and do not return. I do not want to hear your voice again.'

You say, 'no'

Lore Warden says, 'Unbelievable! Even the intruders are incompetent, unable to follow simple instructions!' The small drake makes a shrill whistle and three kirin appear. 'Destroy them. Be as messy as you must, but be quick about it and clean up when you are done.'

Lore Warden says, 'Yes, I want you to do what I told you to do!'

Lore Warden spits, 'Worthless!'

You have slain Guardian of the Past!
    You have slain Guardian of the Past!
    You have slain Sentinel of Antiquity!

Lore Warden says, 'You just can't find good servants these days. I shall remove you myself. If your goal was to disturb my work you may account yourself successful.' As it speaks you sense tremendous anger building in the tiny creature like a great storm. Its anger fills its body and it grows larger.'

Lore Warden mutters, 'Unbelievable. I give them simple tasks and expect them to get done. I tell the mistress that they will be done. Then I learn that all of them are incompetent. I should know better by now.'

You have slain Messenger Drake!
    Lore Warden has been slain by Nniki`s pet!

--You have looted a Stormcrest from Lore Warden's corpse.--

Spells

All (tether/reset)
    - Balance of the Nameless

Lore Warden
    - Blast of Ice

Guardians & Sentinel could not be stunned, snared, rooted, lured, charmed, or mezzed. They could be slowed.

Others... I got bored and killed before checking :p.

Faction/Con

No faction hits

Messenger Drake scowls at you, ready to attack -- You could probably win this fight. (Lvl: 71)
    Lore Warden scowls at you, ready to attack -- You could probably win this fight. (Lvl: 75)
    Guardian of the Past scowls at you, ready to attack -- You could probably win this fight. (Lvl: 70)
    Guardian of the Past scowls at you, ready to attack -- You could probably win this fight. (Lvl: 70)
    Sentinel of Antiquity scowls at you, ready to attack -- You could probably win this fight. (Lvl: 72)
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I love you so much, thank you!
    Nniki likes this.