Nobody wants a "locked" server... hence expansions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tierdal, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Tierdal Augur

265 people in TOV sounds like the opposite of fun.
  2. C3lowz Augur

People want it because there is a playerbase for it.

Agnarr may be considered dead. But it has its own community. Just like the MAC server. People wanted it. They got it. Many left, the dedicated few stayed and are thriving.
  3. yerm Augur

P99 is free. Agnarr is not. That makes a world of difference. If they released a PoR locked server but it was free and playable via browser and mobile it would probably jump to #1 population...
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Radical New Member

Then you play on Agnarr forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever and forever................in PoP.

Kill me now!
  5. Overcast451 Augur

True, if Live was my only option, I wouldn't be playing EQ... honestly. If they really want to do something that stands out - run through Classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin - and then release a brand new TLP old-style expansion. Something for just the TLP servers that keeps the concept of the old game - before homogenizing the whole game like PoP did. I like PoP, but I loved the old game more.
  6. Hadesborne Augur

Again, you are making the wrong conclusion. You are assuming that it is some other reason and not THE $15/MONTH PRICETAG for a locked server that has driven people back to a FREE LOCKED SERVER on P99. The majority of evidence seems to point out that people DO NOT want a locked server IF they are going to have to pay a sub fee.
  7. kenmei Augur

Krono killed Agnarr.
    Deity-PvP would prevent krono boxers, just a thought. Though DBG would have to deal with blocking radar, and other 3rd party apps, so not sure how they measure on that, Truebox is not a good sign (though SWG pre-NGE was good). Blizz could block em, EA couldn't (should say wouldn't).
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, good one.
  9. Graethos Journeyman

I've been on Agnarr for almost a year and I haven't accomplished half of the things I wanna do. I love this server!
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is correct. Players both on live and TLP want everything to be free - vet rewards, unlimited AA, level boosts to 110, and on and on. No one wants to pay for anything anymore and most feel entitled to not pay.

Opinions expressed are my own.
  11. Xeris Augur

The popularity of p99 also shows how people like locked servers. I'd give anything for an OOW lock server.
  12. Nekai New Member

I want a locked server. Played on EQMac until it closed and now I'm on Agnarr. The population is dipping but still not hard to find groups
  13. Nekai New Member

Shadow of Requiem is going strong. In fact I have to fight for raid loot on my monk. Takes weeks or months to save up the DKP to get a BiS item if I go on every raid (8 DKP raids a month 4 non DKP)
  14. Machentoo Augur

How is this even possible? Agnarr never would have been borne in the first place if Krono didn't exist.
  15. Xeris Augur

It's more about getting the right items to drop. I think anyone who raids potime for 6 months can get full time gear, but if you're going for actual BIS then it takes time... plus ldon augs.
  16. sumnayin Augur

Personally, I feel like having a server with a unique release schedule for each expansion would be fun. Not locking at specific expansions but dragging out longer or ending quicker. I still feel like places like Veksar should open with the continent and not the expansion. If anything in the zone could be considered "game-breaking" you could easily remove it from the loot pool until a later date.
  17. sumnayin Augur

I love this idea. Making a TLP-exclusive expansion off of Velious or Luclin. I definitely only play because of TLP servers and would never play live, so I will never buy those expansions.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Why would you never play live?
  19. Gremin Augur

People who have never played past PoR or even OoW or even GoD because of the falsehoods that they are bad expansions(well PoR is) will never try them or at least give them a try. A lot of people just enjoy the hamster wheel that is Classic to LDoN.
  20. Yummydain New Member

For me its a multitude of things. Stat bloat in terms of odd new stats like clairvoyance, and every item having these stats more or less depending on rarity. Spell and buff bloat, AA bloat, etc. Augments are confusing to me and just another form of RNG that isn't fun to farm. Focus items, I think they're called, are confusing as well. Presence and necessity of mercs. Necessity to multi-box if you want to accomplish anything because grouping is extremely sparse on the lower end. None of those things scream EverQuest to me.