Unrest - Invulnerable Mobs

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Wiser66, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Wiser66 New Member

So I made it to unrest last night at LVL 18.

I was invited to a group and did alot of basement and FP farming

For some reason the higher LVL ghouls ad hags were INVULNERABLE.

At first I thought it was because the mobs might be too high a LVL (most conning 28-30) however quickly realized that wasn't the case.

I was able to damage LVL 30 skelies but couldn't damage LVL 25 ghouls.

My group had no idea wtf and I can't find an answer anywhere...

I even tried putting a blunt weapon in my hands in case they were immune to H2H but that did nothing. Edit* Should add I'm a Monk using my fists which i thought was the issue. But did try a blunt weapon and got the same result l.

Anyone know wtf is going on??
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

You must have an outdated weapon that isn't flagged as "MAGIC."
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Wiser66 New Member

Well no i was using my fists. I had no idea you needed a magical item to hit. How do they expect a LVL 20 to even have magic items without twinks?
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Get some monk gloves that are flagged as magic (e.g. Mesh Gauntlets from Upper Guk). Otherwise get magic weapons. Some items can be trade skilled (e.g. Wu's Fighting Gauntlets). Your home city newbie class quest weapon is probably magic flagged.

Part of the reason that Unrest was a special dungeon with higher xp during true classic era was the need to come prepared for magic only mobs.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Nuttmeg Augur

If you are using fists, then you must have magic gloves. PM me your server and in game name, I should be able to send/ bring you something.
  6. Diptera Augur

Check the bazaar on your server for defiant gear - that's tagged as magic. (Simple Defiant Hammer, Rough Defiant Spiked Staff), etc.
  7. Wiser66 New Member

I guess I'm just surprised this is such common knowledge but I can't uldnt find any info on it... But I get it...

I'm playing on mangler progression if anyone wants to help IGN Shissar

My "newb" weapon was bracers lol as a monk.

No bazaar yet so there's that plus no money being my first progression toon.

Going to see what Wu's fists cost and farm silk and bone chips for it hopefully... Problem is I bet I could group and solo lake of.ill omen sarnaks and just get to almost 30 and not need to group there at all so feels like a waste of time to bother with it.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah yes, I remember as a young ranger first starting out many years ago and wondering why my arrows would not do any damage. Did some research and found the whole magic weapon/arrow vs magic mob damage. Just now I found this - good reading especially the part about the weapon aug making them magic.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-obtain-first-magical-weapon.240730/

Some mobs will require you to be under their belly and cast damage spells on them or to fight from a range so you don't get summoned. Yep there are many twists in EQ.
  9. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Unrest is still one of the best zones for leveling 10ish-25ish in the Kunark and Velious eras. You certainly have other options, but you'll need magic-flagged gloves for fighting most undead and other creatures like willowisps anyway.

Wu's Fighting Gauntlets should sell in EC tunnel for 20-30 plat on Mangler, so not at all difficult to acquire.
  10. SunDrake Augur

Torklar Battlehammer, who spawns there in the main room, is one of the easiest first Magic weapons to grab. Drops Torklar's Battle Hammer.
  11. SunDrake Augur

Its No Drop, so they rot all the time.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Less ideal for a Monk, but definitely a good option for other classes that use 1HB.
  13. Fluid Augur

Just about any Magician assuming they have made a spell run could summon you a magic weapon to get you through the day. Probably an oversight in the original spell line up that no suitable hands/gloves were added to Magician's spell line up. Magicians don't get one until their 50s and that is pet only. They get two 1HP before level 10, probably would have been better to make the second spell magic hands of some sort. Kind of academic now since there aren't that many new Monks that would need them.