Crashing after character select...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Tappin Augur

Has anyone experienced crashing after selecting their character? To fix the issue, I have been logging in on another computer than logging out and back in the first computer (if I try to log back into the second computer it has the same crashing issue). I have tried reinstalling EQ and it works for a while and then I start crashing again. Just tired of this – any suggestions?
  2. AcemoneyFV Augur

3. Fooba Augur

Open eqclient.ini and set windowed mode to true, then you can switch back to full screen once you load in. This happens with everyone who lives in 2019 and has a 4k monitor and doesnt want to use their ui at 4k.
  4. Tappin Augur

Thanks for the replies... Nothing thus far has worked. I know if I delete all my character UI files it works fine or at least until I setup UI again. I am using defualt UI and this started just after last patch. My guess is they changed something that does not agree with my system.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try using default UI, that fixed mine last month then after a couple of logins it would accept my UI again....EQ is weird or just hates me.

I use the same UI on all chars, but 1 char needed to have a UI change to log in.
  6. Drayman Elder

This happened to me after the last patch. I removed all my UI files for all my toons and had to set my windows back up. I haven't played much so I don't know if its fixed for the long term but it seemed to stop the crashing short term.
  7. Tappin Augur

I have not been able to fix it. However, I have been able to reduce the number of crashes by turning off combat logs and deleting the one saved. It’s kind of weird that I crash on one toon, but able to log another on the account. Another weird thing is, I can log on my character on another computer, then log on my first computer (the one that crashed), but when I log back on the one I did crash on, I suddenly crash.
    Any ideas?
  8. AcemoneyFV Augur

Try deleting that Characters INI files from the EQ folder?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/evga-2080ti-graphics-issue.258928/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/cant-log-in-w-o-deleting-eqclient.258885/

Some more solutions. Seems like lots of people are having trouble lately.
  9. Drayman Elder

I should also add that I did reinstall the client from scratch first. I had copied all my INI files out and then added them back one type and character at a time. The crashing started when I copied back the UI_Charactername.ini files.

Honestly, between the crap content and technical problems like this that require hours of reconfiguration, I am about done with this game.
  10. Tappin Augur

I have reinstalled EQ and deleted ini (before and after). Works for awhile, then goes back to crashing. Doesn’t do it so much with logs disabled.
  11. Drayman Elder

I am out of ideas for you then.

Play something else? That's what I am doing.
  12. Covennx Augur

13. Tappin Augur