Lions of the Heart, largest Casual guild EST/CST/PST Xegony

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Come to Xegony one the most populated servers! Start a new toon and give us a test drive.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Lions of the Heart are always on the look out for friendly folks looking for a low drama low pressure place to enjoy Everquest.
  4. Jrakus New Member

Hey Corwyhn - I played during live in Kunark then returned and played PoP and a small portion of GoD before moving to WoW. I have played on a few of the TLP's and while I enjoyed them I noticed they all are subject to the same fate of another TLP launch. I have been trying to find a location to play permanently and have decided to go live and originally was planning on going to FV until I saw your post. I am very interested in exactly what you are describing. A guild focused on enjoying the gameplay and not rushing through content. I really enjoy the group game in EQ and would like to start it up again.

My only questions/concerns are how do I know where to begin on live? I am very new to this side of EQ and would like to start up a character or a team and try to catch up to current. Do I follow the Hero's Journey?

Also is multiboxing allowed on Xegony? I am toying with the idea of a SK + SHM or a PAL + SHM plus a tank and cleric merc for a 4 group. I enjoy tanking then pulling then dpsing in eq but I am unsure if you even need or use pullers at end game on live.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes boxing is allowed on Xegony, or any of the Live servers as none of them are True box.

I have to say that I have only been playing the end game of EQ for many years with max level characters so I am not the best person to ask about starting from the ground up on a Live server. I do have many members who have done exactly as you are going to do though and they would be happy to provide advice.

For what it is worth I would be following the bonus exp zones for each level range that the npc Teek will tell you about. UP to around level 70 or so tank mercs are fine. After that your SK or Pal would have to be the ones tanking. I am a pali and tank end game group content. Tank mercs just don't cut it in the last few expansions.

Without crowd control bard/ench you may want to pick an SK over a pali since you can then FD pull mobs where required. I CoH pull mobs using my mage to call of hero my pali to break aggro if needed though since I have an ench too if mobs are mezzable. But it changes expansion to expansion. This expansion I have just used my chanter to mez adds.

Assuming you are starting on Xegony I would skip the tutorial get buffs from the Mass Group Buff sessions I run in Pok for all evlels and fight in Crescent Reach the de facto starting zone for Live servers then move to Blightfire when you out level CR after that I would get advice from guildies on what to do next or follow the hotzones with bonus exp.

Best of luck whether you join us in Xegony or head to FV.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

62 toons online this evening.
  7. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

Corwhyn, I am very tempted to come over to Xegony from FV. I am only at around lvl 15 on FV and am finding no one wants to have me in their guild. I would be interested in playing as a monk and playing through the content with occasional grouping. Would you be okay with me joining? If so, how?

Edit: I have my character made and am ready to begin this new adventure. I will be sure to reach out soon.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

H
    Happy to have you aboard the only caveat I would make is that low level players are not overly common similar to FV. Very happy to have you in the guild I just can't guarantee how much grouping experience you will get when low level. That being said you will be welcome and folks are always happy to give advice as many have restarted on Xegony or just returned to the game and done much the same thing.

I always try to be hones with folks and what to expect because I am not about just guilding folks to increase my numbers I just trying to give folks a home that will help them enjoy the game. That is also why if people join us and decide to move on there is never any hard feelings. The most important thing is keeping EQ fun in or out of Lions of the Heart.
  9. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

No problem on the lower level toons as they aren't interested in grouping as it is, and I am pretty content with/expecting to solo until around lvl 80-85 (mercs are really helpful for this). I am more interested in the journey and not the end destination, so no problems there! I tend to ask a lot of questions, but it sounds like that will be fine.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

One of my favorite sayings "Its the journey not the destination" :)
    Spellfire likes this.
  11. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I should hop back on my Live toons some time. I think I made it into the low 60s before I got distracted. Even though I was just 3-boxing by myself the entire time, the Lions peeps were helpful with my returning doofus questions and just general chit chat.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It is definitely the number one problem I would love to solve the fact that there are never enough low level toons for satisfying groupage. People tend to stick in Lions for long periods of time leading to a lot of max level toons and when we do get low level ones some level up to max in a month or two others at a more leisurely pace but never enough at one time.

Best I can do is make everyone welcome and encourage anyone wanting to start over on Live servers to know they have a friendly guild to join in Lions of the Heart.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well I did think of one thing I do that helps at the low levels which is the mass group buffs I try to do on a regular basis each day. Those can really help the levels go by at the lower end since my buff sessions always include buff for all levels.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  14. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

I was just about to get one and send a tell, but the servers are down at the moment. I plan on joining tonight!
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The Fates are conspiring against you! :). Hopefully things are up and running soon and I will see you in game :)
  16. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

I was able to join and say hello to those that were on. See you on EQ!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It's a game-wide problem basically everywhere but Mangler and I don't know how solvable it really is.

Maybe Guild Shroud Days or something would at least be a fun way for some people to group with lower level players, but really the problem is there just aren't enough lower level players anywhere.

At least people are responsive in guild chat and there are people to just shoot the breeze with while you're soloing your way up. That's definitely a benefit and I've been in plenty of guilds where no one talks to you unless it's about raid business or whatever. Or ones that are just full of cliques of people who have played together so long they don't really look outside their subgroups.

It definitely helps break up the tedium of soloing to have folks to talk to.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

56 toons online this afternoon.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

20. Sonyeq Journeyman

You guys should merge with the Bloody Rapiers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.