Level 110 Mage - AA priority for DPS?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Skewert, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Skewert Lorekeeper

Just hit lvl 110 with my Mage in the past few days. I'm trying to figure out where I should focus my AAs for now. I mostly 3-box (109 SK with Cleric Merc, 102 Enc (no merc yet, will go DPS caster), and the 110 Mage with DPS caster merc - Mage pet is generally the tank), and want to focus on increasing DPS (so I can get AAs more quickly). I've mostly been exp'ng in Frontier Mountains, but I suppose I'd like to try my hand at some named in The Overthere (for chances at Rk. 2 spells), or elsewhere. So far, I've gotten the lvl 106-110 version of Gift of Mana (felt weird not having it), the second-to-last rank of Theft of Essence (last rank doesn't add any additional haste, only like +50 more ATK, and 5000hps - not much in the way of increased DPS), and that's about it so far, other than autogrant. I really want to go after the Conjurer's Synergy line, but, ugh... at lvl 110, I won't see any benefit at all until I spend 1200AAs... that sucks. Why the heck do they not allow the previous ranks to work with the lvl 110 swarm pet? I'm thinking that the DPS loss of using the 105 swarm pet to make use of the incremental levels of the Synergy AA will be greater than the gain would be from those incremental levels. Most any other ability I can remember reading about won't let you use a spell below a certain level to activate an ability, but to specify that you *have* to use a lower level version of a spell stinks (might be some sort of stacking issue perhaps).

Not sure if there's a somewhat-current guide already out there. If there is, please point me to it (I've tried Google), or feel free to offer suggestions here.
  2. Petalonyx Augur

Most mages will want to max pet fort before anything else.

Have you tried running GMM mission? AA come so fast, it makes decisions about dps AA less consequential. You'll get them all soon enough... Youll eventually get the best groupable EM ear from the mission chest.
    Skewert likes this.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

4. Skewert Lorekeeper

I presume this is a "had you searched, you would have found this same question has been asked already". Ironically, the link you shared doesn't address what I'm looking for at all (though from the title of that thread, you might think it would).

I have found info, but most of it is quite old, and doesn't really say "make sure you get X AA first, over that other one, since it provides a better DPS increase", etc. That's what I'm looking for. Conjurer's Synergy looks great on paper, but I have to earn 1200 AAs before I see any benefit whatsoever... that's a long haul. It's one I'll eventually have to take, but I thought I might get there quicker if some ~50 AA options might give me a better return for my investment on the way there.
  5. Skewert Lorekeeper

I'm currently wearing that earring, and actually have an EM23 earring too :)

As far as the mission goes, I have done it many times, but always tagging along with someone else, and have never tried to box it myself. I'm a little intimidated by it tbh, but I should probably just do it and get it over with. I box the 110 Mag, 109 SK (maybe like 5100 AC with shield - not so great), and a 103 Enchanter. I can't mez all the adds with the enchanter til 106, as his mez cap is currently 108, and there are many lvl 110 mobs there. I know I could handle two at a time, tanking one with the SK, and then one with the Mage pet, but there are times where you get like a bunch, if I recall correctly. Not sure if I need to get the Enchanter up to 106 before I have a realistic chance of handling it, or spending a ton of time slowly splitting with the SK. I currently exp in Frontier Mountains, and it seems pretty quick. Mobs usually die in 30-45 seconds. Not sure which would be better once I can comfortably handle GMM.
  6. Petalonyx Augur

Use mage coth to assist splitting. Mage pet can tank 2-3 np. I'd avoid trying to tank with anything else (including sk) until the sk is geared a bit better and lvl 110.

Go with 2 cleric mercs until u are comfy.
    Skewert likes this.
  7. Nylrem Augur

Not real sure where autogrant stops, honestly, so just going to give some general advice:

Increase your personal nuke AA as much as feasible, but, like all AA, there are diminishing returns, and cost can be a factor at highest levels, when developing your character. 2-3 tiers of other AA can be more beneficial than a single tier of an AA you have almost maxed, for the same AA cost.

Personally, I believe in general that passive AA are better than activated for the most part.

So, some suggestions to work on 'harder' than others (meaning, get them as high as feasible, prior to others, but depending on their AA cost, as well):

Not necessarily in this order, but as close as I can guess without extensive research:

Fury of Magic
    Destructive Fury
    GoM (which you said had maxed already)
    Extended swarm
    Companion's fury
    Companion's fort
    Improved Twincast
    Heart of Flames
    Summon Mod Shard

Higher levels of Servant of Ro and Host of Elements are very negligible increases to overall DPS, I'd save them til last, for DPS increasing AA.
    Skewert likes this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

RIP Elemental Union...
  9. Mintalie Augur

And don't noob it up like me and forget to max your Focus AAs... they make a tremendous difference in DPS.
    Skewert likes this.
  10. Thunderjaw New Member

I can answer this... just leveled a mage from 85 to 110 this weekend. It currently stops at 105 - He got 17207 AA from autogrant at 105. At 110 he got no additional AA's granted.

So there you go! :)
    Skewert likes this.