Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is somewhere I have wanted to go for years!

Make it so!
    Angahran likes this.
  2. Prepared Lorekeeper

I agree with this. It's better to be able to experience new (or revamped) areas than to force players to progress through. If the new areas are hard to do then so be it. But don't lock them if there is no need to do it.

I don't think this is going to happen simply because Daybreak has already stated the level cap will be raised by 5 levels in the News and Announcements forum under Producer's Letter. I would prefer no raising but understand the company must make money to continue.

I don't know what this means sorry.

I don't know what this is either. Sorry when I see abbreviations that I don't know right off, I just ignore the rest of whatever is discussed for that. The way I see it is if the poster doesn't have the time to spell out anything but obvious things such as PvP (Player versus Player) or DPS (Damage Per Second) then I don't have the time to look up what they mean. Most of the time I just make up something in my head and laugh it off. Like for this one... TDS - The D Sucked? No idea, sorry.

No opinion on this one. It is what it is and either way doesn't really matter to me.

I've seen mechanics repeated in almost every MMORPG that has expansions. I don't see this changing.

I have a shaman in each team of the servers I play on mostly for the debuffs and utility/buffs. I don't fully understand why shamans and necromancers were nerfed for dots.

You lost me with ROS.

Agreed.

I would like to see:
    1. Alternate Advancement (AA) Auto-Grant ranks go to level 110 for subscribed players. Currently these stop at level 105.

I think that's it.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

TDS - The Darkened Sea. very common abbreviation for that expansion. the one right after COTF (Call of the Forsaken)
    RoS - Ring of Scale. Literally the last expansion.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

To the merc quest giver - add a Accept all merc tasks and make them all available at the start.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Would not ROS be the expansion before the last expansion which was TBL - The Burning Land.
  6. menown Augur

Wait, what?
  7. Zarachiel New Member

Auto give nec and bst pets class appropriate style weapons when summoned.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

TBL is current expac, ROS, last one..
  9. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

Create a series of quests that put you through the old content like Blackburrow. In other words, relive old spaces as a long series of quests.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Errr no thanks been there done that, we need new lands to die in not old. If you want to play in the old lands go play on TLP.
  11. Peltier Elder

Berserkers: Ancient Cry of Chaos.. Lol 65 Gates of Discord disc.

How's about updating it or many possibly just making it an AA now ?

Or at the very least merge it with another new lvl 115 combat ability?
  12. Lannin Elder

Did I mention , AURA TIMERS ! ( there not really perma , no matter what they say , they ALWAYS drop at the wrong time and I got plenty of other things to juggle in this game as an enchanter ! )

How about a SMALL bump on enchanter DoT damage. We were NEVER topping the dps charts , not sure how our class got sweeped up with shamans and necros !

Ok Fine , you wont bump up the damage on our DoTs , how about a little bigger kick on our Direct Damage spells. How can the caster adps class , ( enchanters ) not nuke for more damage with , third spire , IoG , Blackwolf , and Dicho ALL rolling ? Just a bump in our dps would be nice.

Did I mention , AURA TIMERS !

Ok you wont give enchanters a bump in there personal dps , how about adding us to the pet focus earrings ?

Save 10,000 enchanters from quitting this next expac and for the love of ALL the gods and all the Melee dps in the game , GROUP NET !

So now that u have out right dismissed all this stuff , how about AURA TIMERS !

Its not all bad , Ty for the nice bump in the enchanter pet since RoS , its a nicer speed bump now !

AuRa Timers !

Love all the new spell damage Runes u gave us that stack with Glyph Spray !

Timers , for AURA's !

Aura's came out with what expac , SoF ? A timer for those would be FANTASTIC !

Thanks for all the great quality of life things you all been adding / patching into the game , a lot of that little stuff has really made a lot of the mundane things , a lot better ! ( Wouldn't AURA TIMERS fall into a quality of life fix ? )

I have really enjoyed EoK , RoS , and TBL , keep up the great work DBG's !

Thanks for all you do for us players ,

Your friend , Lannin

PS , how about some AURA TIMERS !
    Caell likes this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Rez tokens stack higher than 5? please
  14. Randragon Augur

I would like to see a better way for the Ranger class to recover Mana. But if they did that they probably would nerf something else. I mean, heaven forbid you give a class something without taking away something else. Unless of course you are an SK...lol.
    Allayna likes this.
  15. AcemoneyFV Augur

I'd like to see nice class weapons like we had for RoF. Think UF had some weapons as well, but I didn't play in era and have no clue how those were for that time. Some had pretty nice worn effects.
    Caell likes this.
  16. Brohg Augur

Agree, that RoF set (Possessed Dreadstone) was great with the looks & the effects & the expansion-spanning acquisition. Darn near tragic how they got nearly no "time in the sun" since they weren't statted to last :( They could well have been CotF tier2(+?) stats (like the Burden of Truth!) to really be A Thing for over a year.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  17. kizant Augur

1. Make tracking more fun
    Instead of being pointed in the direction of the mob you're looking for how about draw a path to follow? Except make the path complicated and not simply a straight line. And instead of what Find does with the particle effect It could be visualized by showing footprints on the ground or something. Then like you have to walk over the footprints for it to display more for you to follow. So, you actually have participate in finding the mob. I think it would make the game much more fun.

2. Weapons and Equipment should decay
    The more one of these items are used the more damaged they should become. And instead of allowing players to 'repair' the item they should eventually break entirely. This would keep people playing longer throughout the year and maybe make people bring along older items for exp groups and save the nicer items for raids. Gives us more variety in how we approach things, etc.

3. Skills should decay too
    Think about it. If you don't play a character in 6 months why should they maintain the same level of skills they had when you stopped playing them? Add some decay value to any combat or spell casting related skill. Maybe even to experience points. Like slowly lose 1/5 a level every couple months or something. This would keep people involved in player too so you can't just take a 6 month break after you've gotten your items and are bored.

4. Add more mechanics for players to participate in and possibly mini-games
    One example I was thinking of is how can a bard simply sing on repeat without interacting with the game? Wouldn't it be fun if they had some sort of rhythm based mini game to play to keep singing? I think this could be applied to a whole bunch of areas tbh.

5. Every zone should have something to keep players occupied!
    I think this could also reduce the amount of bot groups you see as well. Just like in Skyfire how drakes fly around and attack people at random all kinds of mini events could be added. Random 'bandit' NPCs could appear out of nowhere and attack players. They could have special abilities and be almost as difficult as a named. Plus add some emotes to follow or really anything you can think of from recent raids.

6. Add death touches back or some kind of 'critical' chance for NPCs.
    Right now, with a tiny bit of practice you can get through raids way too easy. There's really no chance for anything to go wrong outside your MT getting disconnected or something. even easy raids should have some opportunity for a challenge. Like maybe 1/100 attempts a random event occurs that reduces everyone's mana and endurance to 0 or the agro amount that each tank has generated is swapped with the amount random dps has generated. One thing i liked about the old cactikki mission is that with bad luck you might get teleported way outside of casting range and have to run back. Stuff like that needs to happen more.
    Skewert, Aldren and Sancus like this.
  18. Mazame Augur

#1 ummm no thank you tracking show what up. most people that are looking for things know where it spawns so this would only be something that new until people learn the spawn points and even then. all your doing is adding a mini game of follow the foot prints that effect only 3 classes.

#2 NO!!!!!!!!!! some raid gear is hard to get being in a high end raid guild with the RNG to have to watch stuff rot away would suck. if people in lower raid guild are already having trouble gearing up their guild this would make their efforts worthless and many guild would back slide. If you want to have your gear change that often then go play Diablo.

#3 NO!! have you not read all the post about returning players struggle to return and catch up and you want punish them more. We have people that are in the service and get sent over seas and you expect them to come back to find they lost levels and have to re skill up. WHY would you want this? If you want to restart fresh every few months go play on the Diablo seasons. You expect having to redo what people have already done is going to keep them from getting board?

#4 bards use to twist song and many people stopped playing them because of what they had to do to keep song running that is why /melody was added and now you want to go back in time to push people? and cause that same pain to other classes? NO THANK YOU. if you want a mini game type /gem

#5 some zone are fine but not every zone. Do you know how many people hate SF because of those drakes? some time people want to take it easy. I know when I am watching my kids I will put a movie on for them and play EQ but I still go afk a lot to get them stuff and make sure they are happy. Coming back to dead group would not be fun.
    Some people struggle with named so if you events like this and make them hard like names then you going to have a lot of un-happy players.

#6 Do you raid ? "There's really no chance for anything to go wrong outside your MT getting disconnected or something." Go do some TBL raids from the sound of it you have not done many of them.

This whole post sound like you do not like the game and want it revamped into an unless button pushing grind that if you stop you get punished. Nothing you posted would make me want to keep playing if implemented.
  19. Axxius Augur

Immunity to melee stuns by low level enemies.

IMO it's ridiculous that a lv 1 orc can bash and stun you for 2 sec. All sorts of gray con enemies that cannot possibly do you any harm can annoy the living @#$% out of you by landing their stunning attacks.

It's high time we got some sort of immunity to that stuff. We are already immune to weak melee hits. Now do the same for stun. AA or a quest reward, I don't care. Just do something about it.
    Graves, Froglok, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  20. Petalonyx Augur

An update to Extra Planar Potential Shards (purity augs). Or at least additional sources of these EOK era augs. Feels like there is a bottleneck favoring afk bot farmers in old content atm.

Some updated power sources would be neat, too. Keep in mind the need for AC/HP for all classes tho. Dont need a repeat of Cliff Stones BIS for all.

Make the temp zone access from beating a smoke trial permanent. It really punishes the casual player weekend warrior types.
    Axxius likes this.