Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Mazame Augur

Ok how about zone like ST that many people die just trying to get to them.

I would love to see an expansion when each tear was hard to get to then the one before. Not saying they need to be locked behind progression but more so you have to clear you way to the zone.
    Example would be have one zone next to a mountain zone and the path up the mountain can see SOS so getting up the path is a challenge.

If nothing else it would bring back some old memories of "/ooc train to ..... Zone".
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I really like that idea....accessible but you gotta work to get there.
  3. Allayna Augur

What expansion was that, TDS? Definitely not TBL.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Was TBL.... this discussion has happened before and I know those who do not box in an overly automated way feel one way (ie, that TBL was Tony the Tiger GREEEAT) and then the rest of the world who feels the other way.

You can provide EVER-quest without selling expansions with ONE open zone...end of story.
    Annastasya likes this.
  5. Iven Antonius Bayle

My wishes for the next expansion:
    • A back to the roots expansion that does involve classic (but revamped) zones.The first ogre dwarf war that took place in Faydwer would be a great scenario. Involved zones: Butcherblock Mtns, Kaladim, Dagnor's Cauldron, Greater Faydark, Lesser Faydark, Steamfont Mtns, Loping Planes, Hills of Shade, The Feerrott, Oggok (Revenge!). Additionally: Crushbone, Felwithe, Ocean of Tears, Kedge Keep, Estate of Unrest (as temple of Quellious), Mistmoore. Some zones could be combined into one like "GFay+Crushbone+Felwithe", "LFay+Mistmoore", "Dagnor's Cauldron+Unrest", "The Feerrott+Oggok", "Butcherblock+Kaladim".
    • At least 10 new zones per expansion
    • Alot more story and lore
    • Don't lock everything behind progression
    • Revamped character models (3.0 or 2.1). Maybe just 1-2 races per expansion starting with ogre and troll which have the worst look imo.
    • More and better looking hairstyles for SoL character models (2.0)
    • Smaller power/difficulty steps between expansions like 25% more HP/DPS per mob and not 50%-100% as of now.
    • Classic, Kunark (RoK) and Velious (SoV) weapon, shield and armor ornamentations (pottery)
    • Dyeable heroic armor (Vial of Prismatic Dye)
  6. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

1 or 2 persons be able to make a campfire.

Have a way to make gear ornaments out of old school weapons and gear. some classic look gear would make for really cool gear ornaments.

shadowspike arrows usable with endless quiver.

Minimum Range of Bow reduced to allow for bowing in small spaces.
    KarmaKitty, Coagagin and Elyssanda like this.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Not necessarily a content thing but I’d like to see a revamp to the way accounts are handled by Daybreak.

Allow us to select a Master Account. Then allow us to permanently link Box Accounts under this master account. Require you confirm the linking via email tied to account and logging into the account in game, or some sort of security measures to prevent shenanigans.

The benefit of this linking would be that it ensures the Credit Card/Contact Information is the same across account. You could allow account to account transfers again but only for accounts that are linked together. Also you could maybe rework Veteran rewards to where your Veteran Rewards are tied to what your Master Account is entitled to. This would add some incentive to adding additional boxes if you can immediately start using Veterans on characters you add to your box crew. You would also be able to manage your subscriptions generally across this Master Account and be able to re-/sub box accounts from your master account. Possibly add new subscription options like “12 Months, 2 Accounts” to encourage people to buy into multiple account subscriptions simultaneously. Maybe even have the launcher allow you to launch multiple accounts simultaneously if you have them linked etc.

Basically it’s clear boxing is a very core part of EQ and has been for the past 15 years or so. The infrastructure should reflect this and should make it easy for players to manage multiple accounts at once.
  8. Coagagin Guild house cat

Train the healer mercs to stand to the side of you instead of directly between you and the targeted mob. This would be a boon for moloing. That's correct! Not everyone feels the need to box.
    Yinla, Axxius and Elyssanda like this.
  9. Froglok Augur

SLAYER

If new Models are added, there should be new Slayers for them.

Example, there is no Slayer for the Snails / Slugs from TBL.

Add the "Skill" achievement in (to activate banestrike for the noted Models) and the "Skill" can then be added "non-required" steps of the higher slay achievements.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  10. Froglok Augur

MERCENARY UPGRADES
    Don't forget new Merc gear.
    Other than adding new levels to the existing AA's, how about New Mercenary AA's that will ADD to merc abilities? Such as for Rank III spells/skills and Auras?
    Auras at least for the Tank and Healer mercs anyway (Rogue and Wizard merc auras might be problematic).
    Will logically such AA's will be level required (75, 80, 85, etc.), perhaps they could also be tied to progression / achievements (ability to request raids in related expansions).
    KarmaKitty and Coagagin like this.
  11. Froglok Augur

Bring back Account to Account transfers!
  12. Axxius Augur

Mercs are not allowed in raids, therefore there is no reason for them to get Rk 3 spells ever.

I'd be happy if they just got some new abilities or became less dumb (AI improvements).
  13. Froglok Augur

Would like to see upgrades to the Loyalty Vendor and Loyalty!

Usually the most expensive item on the Vendor is the bag at 1,728 Crowns.

1,728 Crowns represents 14.4 Months of earnings, if you are earning at the maximum rate (120 a month)! Even more, it is only a 16-slot bag. Players can MAKE better bags!

How about some upgrades / changes to the Loyalty Vendor. Such as...

-Removal of the 5,760 Crown cap for sequential 12-month-plus paid accounts. After all, this is a reward for loyalty! Isn't it?

-Increase of the maximum per-month earnings, extended it to 2, 3, 4 and even 5 years of sequential paid accounts (translating to monthly earnings of up to 600 Crowns).

-Increase / upgrade items sold. Bigger bags. More Bags of specialty coins (to include raid coin up to 3 or 4 expansion back). More Faction potions to cover newer factions. Better faction potions to upgrade / improve faction, not just reset it. Updated / improved food / drink items.

-Other than the bags that rotate / change every so often, how about rotating options on seasonal items, mounts, illusions, familiars, contracts, nimbus items and so forth?

-Sell Beta Reward Items and Individual Premium Expansion Pack items (even if for a premium price).
    Caell and KarmaKitty like this.
  14. Froglok Augur

How about STOP time traveling to revamped zones and stepping into floating disconnected realms?

We have all been over Norrath and Luclin, how about we go to Drinal (the other moon) now?
    Elyssanda, Duder and Yinla like this.
  15. Froglok Augur

I see your logic, but players use the highest spells / discs they have be it group or raid content. Particularly buffs.

As hard as group content is these days...
  16. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Expand the Merc Gear window to allow for gear for each type of class, so when swaping mercs, we dont have to swap gear and also dont have to fill our bags with extra
    Caell, Froglok, Axxius and 1 other person like this.
  17. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

add belts to bandolier , hybrid and melee classes would like this.
    Froglok and Axxius like this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think you may want to look closer at the loyalty program - it seems you have free accounts and paid account rewards mixed up. If you are a paid account you are earning 120 A WEEK not per month. A paid account will earn max 480 a month not 120. You must spend before you reach the cap of 5760 or lose any more until you do spend down - no partials. So you can get those bags in less than 4 months but I agree they are not that great but look cool:) These figures also apply to returning accounts called silver.

A free account earns 30 a week which is 120 a month and matches up with your scenario.

You earn max amount after 1 year and this included when you switch from free to paid. In other words if you have a free account that is 8 months old and you start going paid on it then you will still wait a year for the max amount.

The best purchase from the loyalty vendor are bags of plat that award random amounts (my last one was 16k) for 436 crowns but again you have to be all access to purchase that.

Another good one is the gold ticket (960 crowns) then you can sell it in baz (going rate 50-75k) or deck out alts in mounts. And the tokens of resurrection 86 crowns- handy when you need to get rezzed during battle so you get credit for kill. (mercs don't battle rez)

The left over crowns I earn are used to buy bags of doubloons to pay rent on the plot that my house (also loyalty vendor purchased and rent free) is setting. Well ok make that 23 houses and counting. :eek:
  19. Duder Augur

I was just talkin to some one the other day saying that itd be really awesome if they made the moon Drinal into an expansion. The time sheers and realms are great, but they lose mysticism because there are just so darn many. What is one realms value over another in any practical comprehension when there are so many? A trip to a new moon would be quite an adventure. Like the Vah Shir of Luclin and numerous other species, I would imagine Drinal to also be populated by mostly unique monsters. Ahh, this all sounds so good to me, darnit DB, please make a Drinal expansion.
    Yinla and Axxius like this.
  20. Froglok Augur

You are right.

I would still like to see changes / upgrades / additions to the vendor items and removing the cap would allow room for higher pricing for same.