Make a Velious (or luclin) Locked TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Drelk, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Drelk Dedrath Mechanix

Title says it all...

why not?
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. SunDrake Augur

Project 1999 launches their long awaited Green Server in October. If you like Classic - Velious you'd be crazy not to get in on that. They run excellent servers if you prefer that period of EQ.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  3. SunDrake Augur

and unlike a TLP, that server will go strong for many, many years.
  4. Drelk Dedrath Mechanix

I do, But I also really enjoy the QoL changges that the Live client offers.
    Graethos likes this.
  5. SunDrake Augur

Ah, that is true. Coming from years of P99 I can also say I prefer many of the changes made during the TLP era, but I know plenty do not, heh.
  6. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

P99 also hosts a large number of the basement-dwellingest sweatnerds that made up the most toxic elements of Classic EQ's community and I'm totally cool with them staying there.
    Graethos likes this.
  7. SunDrake Augur

Ah yeah. I forgot only the fair, reasonable, community oriented EQ types populate the TLP servers. :rolleyes:
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  8. Scruff Elder

is it still bannable to contest raid mobs on p99?:confused:
  9. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Go back to P99, heathen!
  10. Drelk Dedrath Mechanix

Wow? why all the hate?

The TLPs peak population is from Classic through Velious, It's a win win for DBG. And allowing AAs give players something to strive for post cap. I would prefer not to play on P99 because of the QoL changes on live. But I'll play on P99 because I love Classic-Velious content.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you want velious lock then really p99 is the right choice. They have a very robust community and its essentially hack free and much more of the old eq feel.

Tlps offer their own thing or course, but old school eq is p99s specialty and they do it well.
  12. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Nah, peak is more like through PoP I'm quite sure of it. Also, population is skewed through the roof by TPP scripters/botters/6-12 (true? ) box groups, up 'til Velious because farmers cannot make as much money so they rake in their 100+ krono/ millions of plat currency... heck, I bet they make a killing in illegal RMT sales, too. They alter much of the gameplay of classic and some of Kunark and portions of Velious but, population-wise for live/TLP servers? Ya, thats questionable.
  13. yerm Augur

I feel the same way about mangler.
    Graethos and SunDrake like this.
  14. Guzzle Augur

I'll have you know my office is on the first floor of my home. I wish I had a basement to put my office in!
  15. Nolrog Augur

In the basement or on P99?

8P
  16. Lady Julae New Member

I'd love to see a TLP locked on Luclin, but remove the bazaar feature.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Soe made a deal with p99 when p99 was opening a new expansion. I feel like DBG under Epstein will serve a cease and desist if they follow through with opening this new P99 server.
  18. Nolrog Augur

/facepalm
  19. LDEffectsMe Augur

And I'd love to see a TLP that had Beastlords, Berserkers, and Bazaar functionality available from launch. (Only available Classic Races and a new zone having /bazaar functionality added.) Guess neither of us will get what we want. :) The Commonlands tunnels is just a time sink because people don't sell everything 24/7 like they do with the Bazaar, and if people are smart and use TLPAuctions.com, they don't get ripped off on Mangler like they could with the old Commonlands tunnel method of going at it blind. With tools like that, there's no reason to not have a Bazaar. That said, the new Bazaar is terrible for an infinite amount of reasons and the original one should definitely return to all servers.
    Xanathol likes this.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

P99 launching green server is literally the closest thing to classic eq we may ever see again. If you want velious lock then look at it.

Great timing for you if that's what you want.