Shaman 2019 Expansion Ideas

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kinadorm, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Kinadorm Augur

AA Ideas
    • Cannibalization Upgrade
    • Secondary bind/gate - I think all casters/priests should have this by now.
    • Spirit Binding - Snare or Snare/DoT
    • Spirit Void - Self Only Evac
    • Spirit Shield - Activated Divine Aura ability.
    • Rabid Wolf - Pet version of rabid bear with the feral bite and protection proc for group.
    • Eradicate Magic - Beneficial only dispell AA
    • Spirit Walk - Invis to Undead AA or combo Live/Undead invis like "Shauri's Sonorous Clouding III"
    • An AA that casts current Savage Growth spell
    • AA that casts Feralisenia. Also get rid of the body-type restriction on it.
    • Focus AA to extend duration of Roar of the Lion/Dissident Roar
    • Improved Pure Spirit - Make this actually cast the spell.
    Spell Ideas
    • Rirwech's Malosinata is basically obsolete now with the malo AA changes so I would like to see this spell line changed into a new type of DoT. Maybe a cold-based Snare DoT spell or a new magic DoT with an extra effect.
    • Make the HoT on the new Ward of Remediation stack with our other HoT's. (Maybe move to slot 8 song window.)
    • Increase duration on Fetid Decay to match Malosinata. It has counters for the dmg portion so no harm in increasing the duration when I just want to use it as a resist debuff.
    • Make spell canni much more powerful. It has not kept up with modern spell costs at all.
    • Feralisata - Remove the body type restrictions from it. Everytime I think I will give it another try it ends up unusable on most of the mobs I'm fighting.
    Raccoo likes this.
  2. Brohg Augur

Would like the dots to de-proliferate a bit further. Having 2 and 2 and 3 spells all do the same thing is silly. Magic dot 30s base, doing whatever total damage magic dots are supposed to do, poison dot 1min base + stinger doing whatever total damage poison dots are supposed to do, disease dot 2 mins base + stinger, same thing. Just start out with Chaotic Poison, Soandso's Pandemic preassembled basically, since that's all a shaman wants to cast and since it's kinda established that one cast is kosher. But take up 1 less dot slot each. And add the magic one.

Swift dots are cool in their current incarnation.

Would like rain spell to match 3s cast of breath.
    Kamor likes this.
  3. Raccoo Augur

Change feral bite from a dot to either a DD, or a recourse buff to the shaman (and group?) that increases dot damage, or refresh your highest Dissident/Roar of the Lion. Could be minor, but something like this would be better than taking up a debuff slot. And increase fun factor somewhat.
    Remove chance for Turgur's Diminishment, Languid bite, and rain spell DDs from hitting the caster.
  4. Teylana Elder

A pet that doesn't con light blue. Seriously. Even chanters are getting yellow con pets now.

Make group shrink MGBable.

Make the Unity AA cast be worth something. Combine unity with Tala'tak and our detrimental cast spirit pets. Maybe throw a decent rune in there.

Upgrade haste. It's been 60-ish levels. It's about time.
    Raccoo likes this.
  5. Raccoo Augur

Wouldn't care what con pet it is, if it could resist spells worth a damn. :p
    Kamor likes this.
  6. Raccoo Augur

Visionary's unity, add Preincarnation, & Responsive Spirit (and Ward of Remediation if they upgraded the spell to something worth using).
    Kamor and Teylana like this.
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It could also cast Focus on yourself at the same time
    Kamor likes this.
  8. Pzoresh New Member

I don't mind that they have a chance to hit the caster. Just makes you have to think about when you are casting it.

What I would like to have changed is that Turgur's Diminishment dispell our focus buff when it lands on us.
    Kamor and Raccoo like this.
  9. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I'd like to see a magic base swift dot.
    Kamor likes this.
  10. Kamor Lorekeeper

1) Combination dots
    2) Upgrade to Squall
    3) Alliance upgrade

TBL gave us zero class AA, so an extra tier or two of the existing AA's would be great, but mostly the 3 above.

My shaman fantasy is to have alliance be a group spell (TGB/MGB) that does not have counters, just a fixed short duration.
  11. Teylana Elder

I have two. MGBable shrink and group Incapacity.
  12. Belkar_OotS Augur

So adding my 2 cents.

My wishlist.
    1. Standardize the length of our dots. Adjust the damage up to the shortest duration normal dots we have currently. Mana cost can also be adjusted.

2. Totally okay with the idea of combining lines of the same resist down to a single dot. (Like the de-proliferating above).

3. Would love to also get a chaotic dot that auto casts the resultant lines, one each for normal dots and swift dots (and a swift dot lines for those that don't have one).

4. Make sure that all our debuffs are extended to last the same amount of time (ie fetid listed above lasting the same as malo).

5. I would be 100% okay with removing the recast time on our reckless renewal line of heals. Using old healing spells for optimal healing and using extra spells gems is ... Okay for balance etc etc. But I would like to use my spell gems for more interesting things. I don't think managing what is on the spell bar should be a huge limiting factor. We already have to make tons of judgements about what to do. (heal, buff, debuff, dot, nuke, adps). With a quick count of 42 spells vs 13 spell slots, I think streamlining things for us would be awesome.

Combine fetid and feral debuff and removing the body type change and requirements would be nice. Its almost never used because of all the conflicts.

Agreed about adding more to the shamans AA unity with the extra lines mentioned above.

Would also be okay with an AA targeted unity for growth and incapacity lines etc.

Long duration buffs are okay as is for me. (add run speed to unity maybe?)

Streamlining the class will help with some of the frustrations we experience from having too much to do, and let mains show more distinct strengths versus an alt too. Also.... More chances to.use an alt interestingly.

Twincast AA like the other nukers have would be fine too lol.
  13. Karhar Dream Crusher

Make potions.
  14. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

on that note, a recipe that makes a double invis (IVU + regular) potion.... =)
  15. Runzen Elder

Luv it, give it a ten min duration ??

Dots : a quick magic would be cool,
    a separation of the debuff portion from the disease line since malo / fetid basically does all that.
    a cold nuke that is actually up to current standard, ice shard rk 2 current base 8556 /gag
    leave magic / poison alone, however, reducing them to one buff icon would be awesome. (more dot spots per mob too !)

Unity has been seriously underwhelming, add highest run speed buff / ward / responsive spirit to it ?

Leave healing alone … normal upgrades with normal level increases are just fine.

Playing a shaman you have to make choices, your choices determines if your group is gonna live or die … make good choices your group lives and you get shiny things!
  16. Liljit Augur

• Cannibalization Upgrade
    • Secondary bind/gate - I think all casters/priests should have this by now. (Unique port class only ability ie Wiz/Dru)
    • Spirit Binding - Snare or Snare/DoT (Druid)
    • Spirit Void - Self Only Evac (Druid/Wiz)
    • Spirit Shield - Activated Divine Aura ability.
    • Rabid Wolf - Pet version of rabid bear with the feral bite and protection proc for group.
    • Eradicate Magic - Beneficial only dispell AA (Ranger Ability)
    • Spirit Walk - Invis to Undead AA or combo Live/Undead invis like "Shauri's Sonorous Clouding III" (Bard only ability)
    • An AA that casts current Savage Growth spell (Agree)
    • AA that casts Feralisenia. Also get rid of the body-type restriction on it.
    • Focus AA to extend duration of Roar of the Lion/Dissident Roar (Agree)
    • Improved Pure Spirit - Make this actually cast the spell.
    Spell Ideas

• Rirwech's Malosinata is basically obsolete now with the malo AA changes so I would like to see this spell line changed into a new type of DoT. Maybe a cold-based Snare DoT spell or a new magic DoT with an extra effect.
    • Make the HoT on the new Ward of Remediation stack with our other HoT's. (Maybe move to slot 8 song window.) (You wanna stack HoTs? - Druids just want one)
    • Increase duration on Fetid Decay to match Malosinata. It has counters for the dmg portion so no harm in increasing the duration when I just want to use it as a resist debuff.
    • Make spell canni much more powerful. It has not kept up with modern spell costs at all. (Agree)
    • Feralisata - Remove the body type restrictions from it. Everytime I think I will give it another try it ends up unusable on most of the mobs I'm fighting.
    The problem I see with this suggestion list is that you want to take arguably the only thing that some classes have going for them, and give them to the shaman.

So new things you want:

Double HoT
    Snare
    Evac
    Secondary Gate
    Ranger Dispel
    Additional DoT lines that never existed for you previously

Things you currently have:

HoTs
    Epic that matters
    Canni
    Health Casting
    Amazing Splash
    One of the more reliable fades/totem
    A pet
    Multitude of direct heals that are stackable
    Multiple group heals
    Slow/Cripple/Malo debuffs

My suggestions that don't infringe on class unique abilities:

Improvements to your pet, at one time in EQ it was much more viable to see a shaman tanking/off-tanking with it's pet, there is no reason for it to be a LB con and have SKs/Enc/etc ie other non-NEC/MAG/BST classes with a yellow con pet.

Increase the range on frostbitten gift line and remove the LoS requirement, either in the spell itself or via focus AA.

Make your unity AA buff cast your highest focus/haste/tala'tak on the group.

A group canni, sac 25% group health to give it in 15% of that health in mana to the shaman.

For the love of god, hasten the cast on all the buffs.

A 96% in combat rez. Also available to the druid, put it on a 1 min timer.

GROUP ALLIANCE.

An updated single target corruption cure. Druids too.

An updated malo totem - perhaps with AA focus line to reduce aggro from it.

Updated viral slow.

Group Responsive Spirit line - give a version to druids/clerics as well.

Group/updated thorn wilting - hell that would have been ultra useful in TBL.

Group incapacity with focus AA line - Also make it into a hotbar AA.

Fix Languid Bite and Turgur's Virulent so you don't kill yourself. For that matter, fix all the debuffs that were broken this year and are now castable on the caster. Druid AE Ro does the same thing.

All of those major improvements to the class without infringing on unique abilities from other classes.
    Runzen likes this.
  17. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I wouldn't say he wants "the only thing" that some classes have going for them, but yes he's suggesting for quite a bit....

Double HoT - the argument is that most of the existing hot lines don't stack. why have them if one is obviously superior to the other. it makes no sense to put any other kind of heal over time effect on when our synergy procs off the standard group HoT. creating / upgrading is a waste of developer time if they don't stack.
    Snare - yeah, that's a stretch.
    Evac - he asked for self only, but yeah that's unnecessary. i'd rather see this self-only effect on an all/all rare-drop raid item.
    Secondary Gate - unnecessary but not really OP.
    Ranger Dispel - not really ranger class defining... casters get an AA dispel... there's no reason priests shouldn't have a version of one imo.
    Additional DoT lines that never existed for you previously - he has a point that the combination dot+malo line of DoTs has been obsoleted.... I dont' agree with his "new DoT" suggestion, but a different combination spell would be useful.

Improvements to your pet- agreed.
    Increase the range on frostbitten gift line and remove the LoS requirement - I think the gift line is fine as-is really. shamans are the tanky-est of the priests and should be up there with the melee for maximum effectiveness. better though, remove the LoS requirement on splash or make it do the LoS check before the cast.
    Make your unity AA buff cast your highest focus/haste/tala'tak on the group. - this doesn't add any real value in practice. have unity add focus and the spiritual rebuke line instead. everything doesn't have to come from a single click and haste/tala'tak already have AAs casts.
    A group canni, sac 25% group health to give it in 15% of that health in mana to the shaman. - a shaman shouldn't be suffering for mana already, to give another, new OP mana regen ability is just silly at this point... not to mention this is just asking for me to create a new game out of trying to kill people in my group with canni…. but updating / increasing spell canni would be alright. at least to the point where it is truly worthwhile to keep loaded. some feel it's been left behind by recent mana cost bumps on spells. especially DoTs.
    For the love of god, hasten the cast on all the buffs. - eh, AA lines across the board for all buff classes on this....
    A 96% in combat rez. Also available to the druid, put it on a 1 min timer. - nah. that's a class defining ability for others.... maybe a 90% combat usable that doesn't share a timer w/ the rez stick.
    GROUP ALLIANCE. - group alliance would only be useful on raid tank groups. but this does get me thinking.... I'd like to see a self buff that does a small splash around the caster when they cast a heal. it would be hard to balance this with counters/recast to not make it very OP though.
    An updated single target corruption cure. Druids too. - meh...
    An updated malo totem - perhaps with AA focus line to reduce aggro from it. - really just the AA line would be nice... would make the totem more worthwhile at least.
    Updated viral slow. - slight change..... Slow Totem.....
    Group Responsive Spirit line - give a version to druids/clerics as well. - while we're at it, make it fire better....
    Group/updated thorn wilting - hell that would have been ultra useful in TBL. - did that spell ever actually work?
    Group incapacity with focus AA line - Also make it into a hotbar AA. - that would be functional... don't care so much about the AA but the group version would be nice.
    Fix Languid Bite and Turgur's Virulent so you don't kill yourself. For that matter, fix all the debuffs that were broken this year and are now castable on the caster. Druid AE Ro does the same thing. - meh, that's the tradeoff for getting a mana free DoT.... purify spirit removes both effects in 1 instant cast click anyways. AOE / rain spells have always had a chance to land on the caster (learned that quad kiting hill giants!). use PBAOE slows instead and it won't land on you.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Kinadorm Augur

Everything I asked for is an update/upgrade to things we can already do in some fashion except the self-only evac (unless you count gate). The only class restricted ability I proposed was the combo invis/itu ability which currently only bards have but lots of classes including shaman have invis and/or itu AAs.

As for the spell changes the time to correct those issues is now when new spells are being created so they don't just copy/paste the same data. Some of these are new issues created by recent AA changes and some are issues going back a few years as new spells have been created but old limitations left in place.
    • Pet - I agree that I would love to see the pet be at least an even/yellow con and able to tank better.
    • Beneficial Dispell AA - Shaman have had dispel spells since level 19 so there is no reason we couldn't have an AA version. All casters and rangers already have this as an AA so I really don't see the issue with priests also getting it.
    • Snare DoT - We can technically already snare with Glyphdust/Runedust so it isn't too crazy for a new type of ability with a snare for us and I feel a snare dot fits. I suggested cold based to differentiate it from nec/sk and give us another option for our cold focus.
    • The HoT on Ward of Remediation is worse than our normal HoT and doesn't stack. There is no point to the HoT on Ward as it never takes effect because our regular HoT blocks it. If they can't make the HoT's stack then I think they need to rework the buff and make the mitigation effect better because that is the only part of the spell that really does anything.
    • I would love a 96% combat rez for all priests/paladins. All we need is an additional rank of Rejuvenation of Spirit AA that removes the ooc restriction. Baring that I would settle for Call of the Wild to get a faster refresh and "Revival Sickness" to have the 4k mana/end cap removed/increased to something more modern. Currently if I call a caster they can't even really do anything until the sickness fades as most modern spells cost over 4k mana. The AA says it caps at 20% but there is a hard cap at 4k in the spell data.
    • Viral slow/anything - I don't really want a viral spell as you can't control what it hits. If anything I would like to see our PBAE slow have a longer duration or maybe even just PBAE Turgurs.
    • Thorn Wilting has no level limit so there is no need for a new version. If they wanted to do something with this spell then make a detrimental version.
    • I don't really care for a single target corruption cure but nothing against it if its in addition to the group cure and the group cure is just as effective. What I definitely don't want is having to single target cure a whole group because the group version doesn't cure enough counters.
    • Secondary bind/gate - Druids/Wizards have had tertiary bind/gate for a while so giving secondary to other casters/priests I think is acceptable. We can only gate ourselves so doesn't intrude on wizard/druid territory.
    • Anyone killing themselves with Languid Bite is just not paying attention. It is short duration and easily cured. A far bigger annoyance is Turgurs overwriting Focus but that isn't tied to an expansion.
    • Malo totem - only if it is zero aggro like enc tash totem.
    These are some of the existing AA lines I would like to see additional ranks of in next expansion:
    • Destructive Cascade
    • Critical Affliction
    • Healing Boon
    • Mirrored Pestilence
    • Purified Spirits - Faster Recast, More Dispel Detrimental
    • Spiritual Rebuke - Faster Recast, Better Resist Check
    • Virulent Paralysis - Faster Recast, Better Resist Check
    • Wind of Malaise - Bump AE range to 50, Faster Recast
    • Cannibalization
    • Fleeting Spirit - Longer Duration of effects. The procs have counters so whats the harm in giving us time to use them all.
    • Pact of the Wolf / Group Pact of the Wolf - More HP/Mana/End
    • Talisman of Celerity - I think its past time for an update to our haste.
    Spell notes:
    • Alliance - The current Alliance spells are capped at level 110 so something will need to be worked out there if they don't plan to obsolete them. I don't think a group version would be a good idea with how this spell works. You can't refresh it and it will fade at different times depending on incoming heals requiring you to recast it on singles anyway to keep it up.
    • Incapacity - What I would like to see with this spell is increase the range on it so I can cast it on a kiter without having to chase after them and increase the slow on it so it is better than the slow belts. Maybe increase the slow percent to 45-50% on it.
    • Rirwech's Malosinata- I would say turn this into a combo for our Magic DoT's but they have such different durations I'm not sure that would be a good idea.
  19. Allayna Augur

Everything I asked for is an update/upgrade to things we can already do in some fashion except the self-only evac (unless you count gate). The only class restricted ability I proposed was the combo invis/itu ability which currently only bards have but lots of classes including shaman have invis and/or itu AAs.

• Beneficial Dispell AA - Shaman have had dispel spells since level 19 so there is no reason we couldn't have an AA version. All casters and rangers already have this as an AA so I really don't see the issue with priests also getting it.
    What you asked for was a beneficial only dispel, which you currently do not have and iirc only rangers have a reliable version and enchanters can strip 4. Also, they put annul magic on the skull of null.
    • Snare DoT - We can technically already snare with Glyphdust/Runedust so it isn't too crazy for a new type of ability with a snare for us and I feel a snare dot fits. I suggested cold based to differentiate it from nec/sk and give us another option for our cold focus.
    Technically - as in a chance to land either a slow, snare or ac debuff. But not a guaranteed snare.
    • The HoT on Ward of Remediation is worse than our normal HoT and doesn't stack. There is no point to the HoT on Ward as it never takes effect because our regular HoT blocks it. If they can't make the HoT's stack then I think they need to rework the buff and make the mitigation effect better because that is the only part of the spell that really does anything.
    This is self only and only procs on a break. It also has stacking issues with cleric vie.
    • I would love a 96% combat rez for all priests/paladins. All we need is an additional rank of Rejuvenation of Spirit AA that removes the ooc restriction. Baring that I would settle for Call of the Wild to get a faster refresh and "Revival Sickness" to have the 4k mana/end cap removed/increased to something more modern. Currently if I call a caster they can't even really do anything until the sickness fades as most modern spells cost over 4k mana. The AA says it caps at 20% but there is a hard cap at 4k in the spell data.
    I'm also of the mindset that a rez by someone at level 115 should return some mana/end.
    • Viral slow/anything - I don't really want a viral spell as you can't control what it hits. If anything I would like to see our PBAE slow have a longer duration or maybe even just PBAE Turgurs.
    • Thorn Wilting has no level limit so there is no need for a new version. If they wanted to do something with this spell then make a detrimental version.
    As someone else pointed out - just make it actually function.
    • I don't really care for a single target corruption cure but nothing against it if its in addition to the group cure and the group cure is just as effective. What I definitely don't want is having to single target cure a whole group because the group version doesn't cure enough counters.
    This one amuses me personally. I'm guessing you and the other person saying they don't want a single target upgrade don't raid. Or haven't experienced things like Esianti raids. There is a debuff that DDs the curer. More that have it, more DDs the curer takes. The current single target version takes far too many casts and usually results in someone's death.
    • Secondary bind/gate - Druids/Wizards have had tertiary bind/gate for a while so giving secondary to other casters/priests I think is acceptable. We can only gate ourselves so doesn't intrude on wizard/druid territory.
    I think secondary porting yourself and evac for yourself definitely infringes on unique class abilities and is unnecessary. There are numerous port clickies these days.
    Spell notes:

• Alliance - The current Alliance spells are capped at level 110 so something will need to be worked out there if they don't plan to obsolete them. I don't think a group version would be a good idea with how this spell works. You can't refresh it and it will fade at different times depending on incoming heals requiring you to recast it on singles anyway to keep it up.
    Simple fix. Let it overwrite itself if cast by the same caster.
    I like the idea of a combo ivu/invis pot through alchemy.
    I hope you get some improvements, but asking to merge the druid/shaman is what it looks like you're asking for.
  20. Runzen Elder

technically = every 30 secs a chance to snare … snare being the least to hit on avg... don't think ive loaded glyph of runedust since they introduced it. We don't need a snare, everyone else has a snare … group with people make friends have fun ! Ranger / shaman / druid is a kicka** group combo justsayin.

quite simply, just not something we "need". Whats the longest run in the game these days anyway? Arx? Thuli? everything else is quick to get to.

Dispells - we have skulls of null …. we also have a spell if we really need to dispel a mob, beyond that, the aa is just something to add to a shaman that already has a lot going on if raiding / grouping, we don't have time to add in "one more thing"

just my two cents