Pet HP numbers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Teylana, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Teylana Elder

I was reading a post on mage pets when it occured to me that all the HP numbers being posted were having to be laboriously researched by the players.

Does anyone know why the devs don't just update the UI to give us actual numbers on the health bars like they already do for us?
    Skewert likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Because if they did, tanks would throw the largest tantrum in the history of Forum Quest and do everything possible to get pets nerfed. Which would then result in the next largest tantrum in the history of Forum Quest by pet classes who then say they cannot molo with their pets as tanks...
  3. Teylana Elder

Given the numbers I've seen reported for pets vs the numbers I see for tanks, I don't think it'd be all that bad. Maybe I have more faith in people than I should...
  4. Coas Lorekeeper

Mages do not want anyone seeing the hp their earth pets have, it would cause an uproar. Necros on the other hand don't want anyone seeing the hp of their pets because it is embarrassingly low.
    Andarriel, Xeladom, Allayna and 3 others like this.
  5. Mazame Augur

I disagree. Tank can tank because they have more then just HP. Their avoidance and other stats play a big part in how well they are able to tank.
    Pet on the other hand don't have all of the AA, Discs, and other stats that the tanks have. so if anyone is to compare Pets to real tanks then they don't know what they are doing. You can't say a pet has X amount of HP and need to be nerfed. because those HP is not the same as the HP of a player.
    You have to remember that pets are not a full on class by them self they are more like a merc then a player class.

I am all for the showing of the pets stats. In some ways it may cause a few other pet classes to get upset but knowing the stats would help to bring better understanding to the pet classes.
    Skewert, Teylana and Duder like this.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Bring it on show them pet HP!! Never forget the great belt nerf of 2019 ;)
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Numiko Augur

Could never figure out why they gave us a tab to show us merc stats and what they have equipped but wont give us a tab that shows pet stats and what they have equipped.
    Skewert, Teylana and Mazame like this.
  8. kizant Augur

Everyone can use a merc so that change impacted more players and they didn't have to make special considerations in the user interface. Everyone gets the same thing. Maybe for starters they could add some form of /inspect command to summarize some of the easy things.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Wait.. wait .. wait..

When did they take away pet burn discs ?

When did they take away pet tanking related AA's or Pet tanking related spell / discing abilities?
  10. Cicelee Augur

They didn't. However there is basically one pet offensive disc that lasts around 3 minutes out of 10, one pet defensive that is refreshed every 10 minutes and only lasts up to a certain amount of mitigation (which could be as little as 30 seconds depending on the mob), and a short refresh pet defensive that mitigates some damage to a certain point (which is not a lot).

Those are a far cry from the amount of what player tanks have at their disposal. A player tank has always, and will always be, a far superior tank to a pet. But since a pet can tank a TBL named and survive, player tanks are all up in arms over it...

EDIT what I listed above pertains to a magician. I do not know what beastlords have pet AA wise. I also haven't played my magician in months, so I might be a bit foggy on what Host in Shell and Fortify Companion does...
    Skewert and Whulfgar like this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Except.. pets are nearly if not 100% immune to silence abilities and or mezzes..

Or did they change that to ?
  12. Whulfgar Augur

From what I've seem playing 1 of my alts with a pet class tanking they immune to fear as well.. no disc or anything for it. Simply flat out immune..
  13. Sancus Augur

They aren't. Nor are they immune to mez or charm. There are some spells coded not to land on pets, but that has nothing to do with their ability to be mezzed or feared or w/e and is much less common nowadays. It was a problem back in HoT/VoA.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

So there are mobs in game right now that can mezz fear or charm or stun pets ?

Which ones ?

And by right now I mean current content .. heh
  15. Allayna Augur

Don't forget fire trap immune. Or FD immune.

Just waiting to see that SK pet health =) ....
    Whulfgar likes this.
  16. Spellfire Augur

If you feel your manhood is being threatened by a mage pet, you can always reroll :D.
    Skewert likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

If you feel threatened cause a actual player class tanknis asking questions ..

You can reroll..

I'm trying to gather info. Which should in fact not threaten your manhood..
  18. Spellfire Augur

I have a mage. I have real tanks. Zero threats experienced :p.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Or we'd just ignore mages who spend their entire forum time chicken littling.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

As long as they turn taunt off.
    Allayna likes this.