Holding rare mobs hostage with charm

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grakt, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grakt New Member

With the new un-dispellable charm, players are now holding rare mobs hostage and auctioning off the LR. The current target on Mangler is an Ancient Jarsath for the VP key. Fixed the charm-coth farming problem, but just created a new one with making charm un-dispellable.

[IMG]
    Skewert likes this.
  2. Aegir Augur

Hahahaha..... Now watch someone load some SK's with Emmkaytwo HT Script coming to the ench and ask 9krono for letting his AJ live when it breaks charm

Seriously, just copy paste the modern expacs ruleset. Nameds and Quest NPC's can't be charmed. And add exceptions to those few mobs that requires being charmed to do hand-ins for quests. It can't really be that hard.
    Skewert likes this.
  3. uk6999 Augur

Joking or not joking. I would personally go around and collect every single mob in the zone and drop it on that guy from orbit.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Good for that guy, maybe this will make DBG just remove these stupid bottleneck key / quest designs.

Now all we need is someone to script an enchanter + bard that charm AJ and re-charm him for days on end while answering "Yes I'm not afk" to any /tell or /say keywords....:p
  5. Tierdal Augur

This is human ingenuity at its finest.
  6. yerm Augur

A whole lotta people "told you so" that being able to dispel charm is a necessity. Fun fact: a red (pvp) player actually had their charm unable to be dispelled by blue (normal) players even before this. That meant selo's Red Guides enchanters could romp around with immune pets. We saw the danger and called it a bad idea, alas, dbg went ahead with a mangler-whiner-inspired fix. Unfortunately for you guys, RG over here are cool dudes, while the impression I get of manglerites is anything but. Maybe I was wrong to assume anyone putting in effort and in a raid guild could get a PD kill before velious...
  7. Liren_Lockheart Journeyman

Skewert likes this.
  8. Dresden Journeyman

I want to know the thought process that went in to this decision. "Everyone is complaining about charm being too strong let's make them "LITTERAL UNSTOPPABLE GODS of kill securing and griefing." Well played dbg
  9. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Really at this point reverting changes isn't enough, its time for a wave a bans for jerkoffs doing this crap. It is against the rules that Daybreak doesn't seem to want to enforce:

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players.
    Sendori and Skewert like this.
  10. Xeris Augur

Yea boi I called it
  11. Balrigard Journeyman

Roxlynn pretty sure this is against Forum rules..
    Lock it up please
    That0neguy likes this.
  12. Nothappening Lorekeeper

This reminds me of the time someone repeatedly killed hasten bootstrutter preventing people from getting jboots, after a few days the guy got suspended. I imagine same will happen.
    Skewert likes this.
  13. taliefer Augur

this is clearly the most shocking development in the history of EQ. there is no way anyone could have seen this consequence coming. it will surely be used as an example whenever anyone asks the question "what does blind-sided mean?"
  14. Glowerss Augur

Fun story.

You can still CoTH the pet. The pet doesn't break when it gets CoTH'd. Then you guard it and it stays at the mage.

Nothings changed on that front.

All they did was make charm even more powerful and now without any counters.

IDK what the plan was with this change. They basically decided the way to fix a broken toe was cut the whole leg off.
  15. Corilleous Elder

Have a Mage friend come into zone and tell him he will buy it, send a group invite. When he takes it, CoTH him and then kill it. Problem solved. Get creative Manglerites, you chose that hole over the glorious Selo server.
  16. Gremin Augur

Stop paying, and it's a waste of time for them to do it.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Isn't it amazing how two different groups of people can read the same words and come up with different interpretations? Charming and holding contested open-world mobs, especially in these older zones, is absolutely in line with the "normal playability" of these zones. They were designed to be charmed, they were designed to be contested bottlenecks, they were designed to cause the winners joy and to bring the losers to tears. There is nothing against the rules, these literally are the rules that the devs designed and continue to enforce for these old expansions.

This is your TLP experience at it's finest. It is hard to believe the amount of crying here from people getting exactly what they want, beg, and pay for.
    Liren_Lockheart and kizant like this.
  18. jack of all trades Elder

No ****. All these whiny little pansies aren't even smart enough to check for themselves.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

She's long gone.
  20. AcemoneyFV Augur

Upon zoning in, I didn't see any AJ. :confused:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.