Missed it again

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Jul 14, 2019.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Festival of Might happens every year and I usually miss at least 90% of it. I wish there was a way this was promoted better.

Although it is really just a guide event and as such it is found under the guide forums but few of us go there since the normal guide event rewards are pretty boring. At least they always seem to give me the same dark elf weapon ornament - I quit hoping for the turkey leg.

Its never in the calendar and no mention on the boards. Just a brief mention would help support your guide program endeavors and make more than 3 players participating in it at any one time.

By the way - what are the guides for? They won't answer questions and have very limited interaction with the players. I realize they are volunteers but to do what now days?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Festival of Might is a Guide Event. Which means its up to the Guides to promote it.

Guides, at one time, assisted in-game with minor issues and in-game questions. Guides are no longer allowed to assist in ANY CSR issue. Guides today are essentially live content providers.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The Festival of Might runs all month long, there will be more events to participate in. As you said, they post info on them in the Guide forums. I agree it would be nice to have a heads up that they are starting though, I missed the first couple events before I even realized they were back.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I was hoping that someone from DBG would see this and promote Festival thru a pop up or something. After all the guide program is volunteer and it would be a way to support the program (other than the free accounts) and show new players another facet of EQ.

Thank you for better explaining what I just kinda mumbled about lol.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The Guide program was [almost] completely sequestered from Corporate. In its current state, think of it like a company sponsoring a volunteer drive. The company may or may not promote their involvement in the drive, but still provides resources.

In this case, the Guide program has a single contact within CS at DBG. Coordinating events and messages from the Guide program across DBG requires additional resources which cannot be spared at this time (or perhaps ever).