Forced Name Change...Why?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RandyLahey, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandyLahey Elder

So, I had a warrior named Donnietrump. Had the toon named that way since Oct of 2017.

Was contacted by GM Serf tonight to change it as it was due to being political.

Though I have my own opinions in regards to politics, it makes absolutely no sense to me as to why I should have to be forced to name change because someone may or may not agree with my political beliefs. Other than a few off the cuff comments in general about building walls and whatnot I don't understand why all of a sudden this has become an issue.

Does it really effect anyone elses gameplay if I decide to name a toon in support of the president? come on now!

People are way too sensitive these days.....I've seen people running around lately with names far worse
  2. Allayna Augur

Because you violated DBG naming policy:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230628107-EverQuest-Naming-Policy?mobile_site=true

Idk, be happy they didn’t delete your character.

Of course Donnietrump himself could have done contacted DBG to protect his trademark o_O
  3. Duder Augur

In before lock
    Nennius and Nolrog like this.
  4. Diptera Augur

All it needed was for somebody else to roll an alt called Hillaree, and you could have duelled in the arena...
    Nennius and Nolrog like this.
  5. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I'm surprised you lasted this long. However, with that said, as someone else stated, you did violate the naming policy. No point in complaining about it. Pick something more roleplay'ish next time.
    Nolrog likes this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You actually came here to ask why? Lulz.
    Rasper Helpdesk and Nolrog like this.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Nice "pay attention to me" thread.
    Miss_Jackie and Nolrog like this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh.... you need to see the full list of Randys box group :)
  9. kizant Augur

Just blame Obama and move on. No point whining about it when you're in the wrong.
  10. Nolrog Augur

You seriously are asking this question? You had to know when you made this toon that it was just a matter of time before you had to change the name.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Player creates character name of a polarizing, well known name that incites anger and unhappiness in many.

Player goes into public channel and makes comments that incite hatred and animosity among many.

Player gets reported, most likely by multiple players.

Player gets informed his character's name will be changed.

Player is confused as to why his name was changes.

I am confused as to why this character name was not changed in November 2017, while laughing at the hilarity of above statements...
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

"All of the names you find in the world of EverQuest should be consistent with the spirit of the game."

It would be very interesting if they ever actually started enforcing this though I guess saying "spirit of the game" gives them a lot of wiggle room.
    Miss_Jackie and Warpeace like this.
  13. Febb Augur

Nice troll thread. I'll just sit over here.
  14. FawnTemplar Augur

I mean... I just understand why you thought that was a good name for a warrior? lol
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Scoot over. I'll sit next to you. Err, could you pass the pretzels.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Thats a big part of the problem, selective enforcement of the rules.

How many p0rn star names are there currently in game being used?:p

Not like they cant check, but I'm guessing they will retain their names.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Imukai Augur

The thing that surprises me the most is that they actually enforced the naming policy. I see lots of violations running around daily. Senior Guides used to handle this sort of thing back in the old days.
  18. Dovhesi Elder

Stop complaining and just rename your toon. Can I suggest the name 'Blackariel'? That seems fitting for you.. ;)

[IMG]
    Jondalar likes this.
  19. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

The name you choose was against the rules. Simple as that. However, I've seen a lot of names which are against the rules. Last night, I was in the GL, I decided to look at names of the toons and guilds. I even saw a toon which was someone I was in a guild with in 2002-03, on a different server.

But anyway. I saw a toon with a name of a female anatomical reference (slang). I saw a few guild names with drug references. Last year there was a guild that was named after mentally challenged people. I saw a name one which would be racially insensitive.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a room with a bunch of 10 year old boys, laughing and snickering about their offensive name they came up with, Beavis and Butt-Head style.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Daybreak doesn't look at the names that get through the name filter. They look at them when someone reports them. Lots of names are offensive, named after "famous" people, drugs, slang names, etc... until someone reports them, they'll remain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.