Do not raise level cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enclee Augur

Your post is utter nonsense, how can you argue zones aren’t locked because you can take advantage of a loophole. If, I use your logic Everquest hasn’t had locked profession since the 86 rule was introduced.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Drayman Elder

The last several expansions have been so terrible that I refuse to let them sucker me in. I bought TBL 4 times and I never felt so robbed in all my life. They aren't getting me again.
    Elyssanda and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Imagine if you went out for dinner, paid in advance and the waiter returns and says "you can eat your dinner but first go find 3 friends and do a bunch of unnecessary crap to enjoy your meal". As a customer again no thank you. I don't care if there were a million work arounds to enjoy a product I pay for. Nobody should have to get creative and find exploits just to play. I love the devs but bad design is bad design. I just hope they listen to their customers who are against this crazy design.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am tired of seeing long time raiders telling group players what is hard and what is not in the group game.

What you are missing out on is a lot of folks didn't have anyone to campfire or banner them in to Meratas or Aalishai. Being in a raid guild for a while you are missing the perspective of the average group player.

Also the average group player didn't get the info on ways around things till months into the expansion and it is still not something you will find if you don't go to the forums or have someone explain it to you.

This was the first expansion where the "actual" progression which let you get around the smoke trials was not published on eqresource or on allakazam. They only listed going through progression by following the more standard route of going through each tier at a time ie doing the smoke trials. And for years people could follow what the sites laid out for progression so why would they assume this expansion was any different?

Also people have problems just getting the lamp.

Also as the number two guild raid leader you and your peeps did the beta hard as all top raid guilds do and had a lot of inside knowledge. Most group players aren't out there worried about maintaining their lead on other guilds so there isn't the incentive to do beta.
    Spellfire and Drayman like this.
  5. Drayman Elder

You can get around the smoke trials? How? I knew you could get gimped past it if you know someone. Is there another way?
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

higher levels will help the peeps trying to do TBL progression if that is the issue.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Drayman Elder

That seems backwards to me though. Require people buy a new expansion in order to play in the old expansion that was over tuned. Never mind that the new expansion will no doubt be over tuned and unplayable by casuals who find themselves perpetually behind.

The whole thought process on this seems backward.
  8. code-zero Augur

Not backwards at all. This is a pattern that goes back 19 years to the very first level increase in Kunark when the extra power of the 10 level increase let people catch up.

Top guilds seldom have a gear requirement outside of epics for a few classes but levels and AA's are almost always required
  9. Drayman Elder

Yeah I know, but it was different game back then. There were people everywhere and there was lots that you could do even if you couldn't do the latest and greatest thing.

Now everything is funneled at the top. I am out of low level stuff to do and I can't get past the road blocks on an expansion I already bought but haven't spent much time it. Now i need to buy yet another expansion in order to get the power increase required to do the one I already bought and couldn't do.

It's their game and they probably don't really care what we think but I am ready to jump off this merry-go-round.
  10. enclee Augur

Next expansion will be the easy one like a House of Thule difficulty level. They need expansion sales $$$. Just don’t buy the expansion after this next one, because it’ll be tuned too high. It’s a cycle.
  11. Allayna Augur

Not an exploit.

Actually disliked by most top end raid guilds initially and was heavily commented on in the beta forums. We didn’t want a work around to doing progression to get people into zones. I still don’t like it, the zones progression is locked out to that individual but they can come loot, lame imo.

This is how it was intended. People don’t have to do progression to experience all of the zones.
  12. Allayna Augur

Corowyn, I’m afraid we’ll always disagree. Raider doesn’t mean non-grouper. We HAVE to do the progression to request the raids and do it quickly and efficiently while sometimes dealing with a bottle neck, so that we can raid opening day of an expansion.

Rorce runs EQResource for free or fee if you want additional access. Honestly relying on 1 website to get you through this game is flawed in itself. The devs during beta wouldn’t put your favorite blue text links in for NPC quest lines BECAUSE they wanted players to figure out quests instead of mindlessly clicking through text and not reading (was in the beta discussion).

My recommendation to you personally Corowyn is to stress the importance of beta testing within your own guild....you have the largest casual roster in game, no?

That likely won’t happen though, because there is no immediate tangible reward (loot). I mean it’s not like those passionate about beta testing do it for a sense of accomplishment, a feeling of interaction with the release of a new expansion, the assistance in testing that trade skills, quest lines, zone lines, quest npcs, items, and raids to ensure they are as polished as the devs time allows by release. We just all dew eeet for dem leetz stratz yo. Cmon.

Beta is annual and I challenge you to put forth the effort to have your voice heard. I’m tired of sticking up for group casuals only to be assailed by their guild leader.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You know when we say grouper we are talking about non raider right and not a raider who also groups?

Allana you beta test because you want to shoot for being the top raid guild or near the top. Thats what the competitive raid guilds are all about. You do all put a lot of weight of where you finish in raid progression. Who beats it first etc. Besides balancing raid content you want to know the raids as well as possible so you can try to be the first to finish it all. Bragging rights. And yeah the main reason is to have a leg up and not get left behind in raiding. C'mon. But hey maybe you are just doing it for the love of the game and that is it. You don't have required attendance and raiding during beta its just when your members feel like it I guess is that right?

You play the competitive part of the game Allana. Its natural for you to seek every advantage you can get.

For players who are just into the grouping game we are not that fanatical about the game overall. You may feel that we don't deserve to have our views expressed and promoted because we aren't hard core into beta but I feel otherwise. And I have news for you. A lot of group players still have tons of stuff to do right up to each expansion. Not everyone has all the content done in the first couple months of an expansion and many are still busy going back and doing old content.

And I have no idea if we have the largest casual roster in the game. For purely casual guilds I am pretty sure we are the largest active one on xegony beyond that I have no idea. For years we were the largest when I could review things on eqplayers but that hasn't been available for years so no idea there.

And you say I assail you Allana? Come on. I mention TBL may be overtuned and you come out with some BS that I am saying people in CotH gear and augs with no knowledge of their discs should be able to do TBL. Huh? And its funny you talk about telling the devs TBL was overtuned for group players but when I bring it up you use the silly CotH stuff which I never ever said. I mean make up your mind Allana. Or are you you able to state whether you think the group game is tuned properly or not?

And I should add that I dont' expect the group game to be tuned perfectly for group players as soon as an expansion comes out. I expect there to be some adjustments because most group players are not interested in beta. And if a group player not interested in beta expects the group game to be tuned right at release I would tell them they better start beta.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wasn't originally not intended but they decided to leave it in?
  15. enclee Augur

They’ll fix it in 5 years. Add it to the list of not intended gameplay mechanics that are left in so long, it’s assumed to be intended.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Like illusioning through doors? I do know what you mean, but the DBG powers that can change things sometimes decide to jump in and fix things that probably don't really need to be fixed. /rant off
  17. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Wow, I think I see Ruarck's twin posting on this thread lol.

Hey old Prexus people.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Easily, because the Dev's put it in and left it in specifically to be used as Allayna stated. Except the 86 rule doesn't apply to all zones. There are several zones after it was introduced which you cannot put people into.

I personally was and still am against it being in there, because its existence is why people never did progression that much. But the Devs have said they have no intention of removing it.
    I don't believe that simply because there are innumerable other zones which campfiring in will not work. This was the first time in the several years that you've been able to campfire into zones which were not locked.
    Allayna likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah except Holly has already said the expansion was not well received. I can only imagine how it would have been if there hadn't been a way around "some" of the progression.

Not sure about things in your circles but most I know only used it as a way around the smoke trials and did progression going forward. But I do see folks especially in the last month or so wanting to buy taskadds for lamps. I think there are still a number of folks who are not in decent sized guilds that still don't know about the ways around progression in TBL. Its basically word of mouth.

But I agree that I would have preferred to see progression as the way through things but at a reasonable level of difficulty for the average group player with the hardest parts at the end of progression not the beginning.
  20. Sancus Augur

Where?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.