Staggering amount of AFK bots on FV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by VetMonkEq, Jul 11, 2019.

1. VetMonkEq New Member

It's like every single EoK zone is just afk farming bots 24/7 . And that is in only the zones I've actually bothered to go to. I honestly wonder if this is just allowed these days.

And yes, I'm 100% sure these people are AFK . You can see the tank use very jerky inhuman movements, target mobs far beyond field of vision, and ya know, they are just there for hours with a pile of corpses with all other box toons not even moving. The tells are just blatantly obvious. Yes, I'm aware there are legitimate boxers and I have no qualms with them.

It's pretty disappointing this is what the game has come to. I don't see how "catching" or banning these people is any challenge whatsoever. This type of play just ruins the economy for people who aren't cheating. The saddest thing about this too is I expect this thread to either be deleted or for people to come to the defense of the AFK botters.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

My observations of botters is that the tanks are inhumanly smooth and precise and not at all jerky. You should /petition them and they'll be checked out
  3. Cicelee Augur

The saddest thing is when you realize you are old, and not young...
  4. Colonel Zuppendaff New Member

Simple solution: train them. Repeatedly. Whatre they going to do, report you? lol. Anytime I see these folks I amass a full Xtar and drop it on their camp. Sure, they will just return, but diligence will pay off. There isn't too many places level 105+ for them to hide. Keep fighting the good fight.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They should make looting a chase item require you solve a captcha verification process.
    Coagagin, Agthir, Skewert and 4 others like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Honestly think that is just a matter of interpretation. His jerky is your smooth. Just a bad descriptor.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. AcemoneyFV Augur

Yes, they will report you. Determining unattended game play is much harder than it is to prove someone intentionally trained you. All they need is a screenshot/video of you doing so and you'll most likely get a suspension (if they report you). There's a few threads on here about how people trained these groups and got punishment but the groups were left alone to continue playing. It's a risk you take.

I agree with OP tho. These groups are definitely automated though. I'm pretty sure there's a 12 man group right next to the Fang spawn in OT.

This mob spawned back to back so many times and the group constantly avoided it only pulling regular mobs (maybe to avoid being killed while away?). I actually ended up camping right next to them for the namers, 2 SKs were just pulling around me, near me, through my camp, etc... If someone were there, I think they would of moved.

And if you watch the mobs they pull, it's the same thing everytime.

1) Mob(s) is pulled
    2) Debuffs are slowly applied
    3) Than you'll wait about 10 or so seconds and everyone starts casting nukes, etc and before you know it, the mob is going from 100-0% in a matter of seconds

Same setup, every mob. Pull, apply debuffs, few agro spells are cast, burn it down. The spell lineup never changes. The actions of every character is the same every pull.
  8. Intenso Augur

People been suspended for training. AFK bots on antionus they don’t care
  9. Axxius Augur

It's not just FV. It's like that here on Povar too. And not just in EoK zones (namely, Frontier Mountains is a bot paradise). I've seen some 'more advanced'/better geared bots in Empyr.

Reporting them seems to accomplish nothing. You get a reply from GM Woebot who thanks you, but they cannot tell you anything about any disciplinary actions. And then nothing happens. Those very same bots just keep plugging along in those very same spots. Logs, or even videos showing clear 100% automated activity - nothing helps, nothing is done about them. Perhaps they just instantly log off when a GM comes to check on them, or w/e.

Sure, you can train the @#$% out of them, but that gets old quickly. Since there are no real penalties for dying in EQ, it only costs them a few minutes to recover. They are bots, they are there 24/7, their owners don't spend their actual time there. But it will cost YOU those same few minutes of YOUR real time to do it.

Unless Daybreak takes an action, not much the players can do about the bot issue.
  10. Funk Augur

EoK/RoS chase items aren't worth nearly as much now on FV. You see Phlogiston in baz for 2mil. Those chase items are maybe a million if you can even find a buyer. So it's more leveling characters and AA's then selling them I think.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  11. AcemoneyFV Augur

That's what I thought. They are totally avoiding pulling namers. I set up next to them because I noticed 3 namers just roaming about. I just kept killing the namers for RK2 drops and letting them kill all the trash.

Fang, Janissary Virzak and one other were constantly up last weekend during the increased rare spawn. Those 12 player groups never even attempted to pull these.
  12. Duder Augur

They are monsters with proper names or unique names. They have been given this unique name, they were named. They are NAMED mobs. The developers would be the NAMERS, are you referring to the devs? ^_^
  13. Verily Tjark Augur

So what did you dude? I mean... if you are the dudER you must have duded something.
  14. birdsong_pawn Augur

One idea would be to make future chase loot heirloom rather than tradable. I realize this won't help matters on FV, but it would certainly help on live (standard ruleset) servers.

Automated bot groups won't be selling loot rights, because there are no human beings involved in their gameplay.
  15. Duder Augur

This is the loving handle my parents gave me.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The problem is the GMs have to catch them afk. When around the house they can have an alarm ring or whatever to tell them to get to the keyboard. They can get email notices or IMs not sure which to give them notice. All in all hard to catch. Also not sure how hard the GMs try to catch them or what the deal regarding keeping certain software off of True box servers is involved.

And yeah training or zero percent rezzes dont do any good when they can get the exp back in no time running toons 24/7.
  17. Funk Augur

The dude abides.
    [IMG]
    Wdor likes this.
  18. Dewey Augur

That is a horrible idea. No thank you.
    tyrantula likes this.
  19. Natal Augur

If they are not bothering anyone and just killing trash, why do you care? I suspect the GMs will take much the same attitude, and only do something about players are being disruptive.
    Skewert and Miss_Jackie like this.
  20. Duder Augur

IMPOSTER!