CotH will break charm next patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ermok, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Ermok Lorekeeper

As I noted in Test Update 07/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions they are planning to make another radical change to charm.

I agree that addressing the resurrection box + charm loophole in the attempt to alleviate players snagging quest mobs is the right move.

Charm + Call of the Hero is however a mechanic that has many legitimate uses such as bringing quest mobs to convenient turn in locations, acquiring specific favorite pets deep within zones, and coordinating difficult pulls in a group without having to lose a pet.

Please go to the thread to voice your concerns. Also open in game petitions because clearly the volume of them over time is what has led to this result.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

CotH broke Charm for a very long time. I know on the Mac server which had expansions up to PoP it definitely broke Charm.

So perhaps this doesn’t have to do with Charm gating and instead they are just making a classic change. It was always a big process having to guide your jopal pet from the Castle 1 tunnel past the Charm birds to Castle 2/tables. It took a lot of time and finesse to pull it off. Which I think is a fair trade off for how amazing their DPS is. It was worth the 15~ minute process because of how much it accelerated kill rates.
  3. Riptide666 Elder

You can blame the RMT farmers for this one. They found a way to exploit players in a way that finally made them angry and vocal enough to get something changed. I applaud DBG's altered perspective on these sort of changes over the last couple years. It has come a long ways from "Casuals don't deserve raid loot"
  4. AcemoneyFV Augur

Good, the nerf is much needed. ;)
  5. Meridian Augur

Sorry you won't be able to warp mobs and sell the loot rights.
  6. taliefer Augur

wish theyd reconsider this. this is the poster child for making legitimate players suffer for the actions of a few tools, rather than just actually policing the servers even minimally.
    Eric Colby likes this.
  7. Drakkal Elder

I think everyone would prefer DB actually policing the servers, but that aint gonna happen.
    Miss_Jackie and Meridian like this.
  8. uk6999 Augur

+1 to the change. Glad they implemented it to stop people from abusing game mechanics.

Would also like to see a change along the lines of if a mob is "x" distance away from caster it breaks charm instead of warping the mob to the PC.
  9. Drifter New Member

As long as it still clears the aggro then I don't see an issue. If you coth the enchanter and their pet resummons them, that would be an issue.
  10. Frags Journeyman

Too bad they can't just make the mob stand in place for 10 seconds before warping to the owner after a coth. That would give anyone plenty of time to dispel someone abusing mechanics but still let people use coth for getting charm pets across zones.
  11. Xhartor Augur

It looks like they are taking away ability to dispel other peoples pets if you aren't grouped with the person.
  12. a_librarian Augur

normal dispels are considered detrimental. The patch notes only said beneficial spells with dispel components were being changed.
  13. a_librarian Augur

but if you're right and out of group players can't dispel another players charm pet then things are gonna be extremely funny for a while after that patch goes live.
  14. Riptide666 Elder

Whose suffering is worse? Those who will lose the convenience of CotH charming for non-griefing purposes, or the players who are repeatedly @#$@ed by the tools who abuse it?
  15. Arrk Augur

If you think this is going to solve any problems, it is not. It is actually going to make it far worse...
    NoWay likes this.
  16. Xeris Augur

It would be hilarious if you can't dispel charmed pets anymore. Will be fun when someone charms AJ and just sits in a corner with it so nobody can do their VP key
  17. its_a_secret Journeyman

18. Nothappening Lorekeeper

Great idea, so make your enchanter red then go charm the mob and no one can dispel it unless they also go red. lol
  19. JooJooFlop Trainer of Trainers

Just had a bard/mage duo charm coth a Chancellor in LOIO I was fighting so this change can't come soon enough.
  20. Moranis Augur

Honestly - for me - the more that charm gets nerfed, the better.

I look forward to the day when the best group composition isn't ENCx5 + CLR.
    Overcast451 likes this.