Largest class die offs ever.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Wulfhere Augur

What?
    Well druids are lacking in healing spells I agree. But they do have many AA heals that behave as splashes and HoT. The long cool downs on most of them are a challenge. Adding some AA to reduce the refresh times to be more interactive would help.

Abundant Healing adds a HoT chance to every heal spell cast.
    Blessing of Tunare is a splash heal.
    Convergence of Spirit has a HoT.
    Spirit of Wood has a group HoT.
    Nature's Boon is a ward that splashes a HoT.
    Swarm of Fireflies is a DI heal plus HoT.
    Wildtender's Survival is a group Grief heal.
  2. Allayna Augur

[50146/5672] Bosquetender's Alliance Rk. III
    Classes: DRU/102
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 6291
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Stacking: Healing Alliance Spells 3
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 0s, Timer: 18, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 2m+ (20 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 120 Matching Spells
    1: Cast: Forest Showers III if Hit By Spell
    2: Limit Target: Single
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Type: Beneficial
    5: Limit Min Level: 96
    6: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    7: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    8: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    9: Limit Effect: Current HP greater than 5000
    10: Limit Caster Class: CLR, DRU, SHM
    11: Limit Caster: Exclude Self
    12: Limit Min Recast Delay: 1.5s
    13: Cast: Bosquetender's Fulmination III if Max Hits Used
    14: Cast: Forest Showers III
    Forms a natural alliance over your target, placing a localized healing rain over them that heals *$1#1 hit points to all nearby allies when other Druid, Cleric, or Shaman heals (levels #5 to #6 that heal at least #9 HP) land on that target once every $12 seconds.
    If %L heals are received in that time, it will trigger *#13%N which heals *#13#1 hit points to all nearby allies and blesses them with *50155%N which grants a *50155#13 point damage shield for *50155%z.

[50149/5672] Forest Showers III
    Mana: 10
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 300', AE Range: 28'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    AE Waves: 1
    Hate: 1
    1: Increase Current HP by 14308

It casts the AE heal on initial cast.

Abundant healing is a “chance” heal over time and given to all priests as an AA.
    Blessing of Tunare is a 17.5K AE heal that is AA only on a relatively ridiculous cool down compared to clerics, shaman and even paladin splash every ...18s via spells.
    Convergence is also not unique to Druids, even rangers get it and other priests get something similar.
    Every priest has a group/AE able heal that’s on a long re-use.
    Every priest has a ward that tosses a joke heal around it.
    Every priest has a guardian spirit.
    Survival was just added this year as an AA AFTER it was given to shaman and not Druids.

You know what all priests have EXCEPT the Druid?

A spell splash, on a short refresh, better verbiage?
    A spell HoT, single or group.
    The ability to choose a spell line and load them all. Interventions and Renewals for clerics, reckless for shaman...that option simply does not exist for the Druid class. Hold on your heal is inc in 3.8 seconds....

If we’re going to go down the “Druids can dps route”...so can shaman and they have the added benefit of wearing chain, an epic that is viable in current content, a pet, slow/malo/cripple, an amazing fade, canni and health casting...

Druids have...almost 0 ability to regain mana after a death, ports and evac... can we all agree that Druids have lagged behind as a priest?

PS: Give clerics slay undead. Asking for a friend. They are the Pally parent class after all.
    Cadira, Fluid and FawnTemplar like this.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Proof:

Nniki, Leigo, Elyssanda and 2 others like this.
  4. AnzoRagespirit Augur

What's a beastlord? They never really picked up, so they can't die off.
  5. Mediik Augur

Mercs were/are a double edged sword.
    Priests were finding less groups, but non-priests are able to run a group with the robot. One of the most frustrating things was trying to build a group and just not finding a healer. I used to be pretty worked up about mercs but i realize mercs may have saved EQ. The MOLO/partial grouo options kept a lot of people playing. I will say The warrior merc is THE worst thing ever. They should just combine the rogue merc and warrior.

The fact that cleric mercs start with level 2 spells each expansion and I have to farm does still grind my gears. I look forward to popping a cleric merc to buff my group until i can get the spells farmed. Also they dont need to have 96 rez. Why not 90 or below. Maybe i am still salty LOL.
  6. Rolaque Ancient

I manage just fine with the tools I get to use. Not to say that I won't accept new spells and AAs, but I'm not consumed by constantly pointing out what I don't have.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Randomone New Member

I can see why so many people prefer p99 to what live has become and it’s simple, the devs do not listen to community feedback. I think one of the most devastating things for me was learning they put hardcaps on spells, followed by the bard swarm nerf. Effectively killing the two most unique classes to any mmo ever.
  8. Fluid Augur

I would modify this statement to devs do listen but often to the wrong people. Too many class envy posters calling for this, that, or the other to be crippled. It really fed into the devs mindset of making the leveling process take longer and class balance were primary concerns of the user base.

Other thing was kind of odd in that they spent a decade or two catering to max level end game raiders. It seemed to take forever before they finally got the idea of making the low end game fun with things like Gloomingdeep & PoK travel. I know people that have started the game before f2p and quit before their first paid month was over.

It's not the only reasons of course, but I think this is one of the reasons for TLP success. Low end game is almost fun now. Leveling and 'first to' is an intriguing contest for a large portion of the user base vs "I have a maxed toon and raid 7 days a week." User base is much more diverse then you get from forums.
    Dsuna likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

Except the current game is a huge improvement over the old one.
  10. Ezbro Elder

Yes!!. A glimpse of hope! Please log in and play that bard some and then get into the bard wishes threads. It would be most appreciated!!
    Whulfgar, code-zero and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Ninelder Augur

I led with "I am sorry..." I did not mean to offend. But yeah, they can't fix the original D&D mistake of paladins and clerics being the same class; and vying for space in the same niche. But aside from that one thing, it has never seemed like they tried anything else either... Just a shame.
  12. Ninelder Augur

You must not of been paying attention, we had melee and tank classes finished with progression in the first week of SoD. We have cleric mains who played back then and still play today with no breaks that still don't have it done.

You can see this yourself. Make a copy of your current guild roster, separating your guild by class. Add a vertical column for each expansion with sub categories for Champion, Paragon, Challenger, hunter, and scavenger.

You don't even have to say anything or ask any questions. Just target them, and open your achievement window. Hit the compare button, check off all applicable columns.

Compare the percentages by class. What you will see is an accurate depiction of how much the devs care about each class. All of your low percentage classes will be classes that can't tank with the most hated classes being the ones worst at tanking. Clerics and druids scraping the bottom, wizards and chanters above them. Shaman are much more capable than rogues or zerkers, their dog pet is actually better at tanking than the necro pet, but does less damage. Keep going up through the rest of the melee classes. Then mages, necros and beastlords. Tank classes are on top, with shadowknights having held the pole position for most of EQs history.
    Dsuna likes this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

one of our chanters was among the first to be done with TBL.. he and his pet tanked all of Beta for our group, and once live hit, he continued to pet tank for our group.
  14. Ninelder Augur

This is more sadistic than ironic. But it might give you two a laugh. Do you recognize anything between the Shaman AE heals and the Cleric AE heals?
    Splash, surge, swell, squall...?

These are all words used to describe rain... The original splash was a druid spell submission for Underfoot. Great spell, made total sense to give druids an AE HoT. But that would of been a nice leg up for a class that's never got off the ground. The devs did like the spell though, and they gave it to clerics and shaman.

The shaman one is way way better of course(larger range, faster recast, does not cost time to free target like the cleric one does, does two recourse heals hitting the raid every combat round, instead of every tick, can proc abundant healing on every person inside the AE range, generates no extra hate(the cleric version has an additional 100x hate mod on it multiplied by each person it lands on, and its easily twinable(frost gift line,) but I am sure that surprises no one.

Then to make sure that druids knew it was their spell, they used a synonym for rain in all the names.
    Metanis and Allayna like this.
  15. Monkman Augur

Have we not learned? Shm splash bout to die out soon looks like.
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Axel Furry Hats OP

Clerics and other healers have no reason to go back and do that content (heroic AAs aren't that great for healers, evolving items don't do much for healers, but both do loads for melee DPS and tanking classes).

I see it as more of a gift to be honest. They don't have to waste their time going back and doing non-challenging in order to be the best. A heroic mage that just hit 110 and like 17k AAs can do as much DPS as a mage that has every achievement in the game (given the same gear and played the same), whereas a melee in the same situation will be doing quite a bit less DPS.
    Dsuna likes this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Pretty much ancient post I'm replying to now, but being percent based it's hard to upgrade things like FS.

Just like our dps discs (percent based) are still level 50 or level 72. Percent scales forever.
    Duder and Renotaki like this.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Needed, maybe not. But I'd rather have the healer that cares to max their class out vs the one that only logs in to raid.

The good healers will show up to help the dps too. Dead mobs don't hit people which means healing is easier.
    Lannin and Duder like this.
  19. Verily Tjark Augur

Everyone who boxes has a shaman, but definitely not that many mains floating around. I'm no shaman so I can't comment more than that. I dunno if it's just coincidence.
    Dsuna likes this.
  20. Brohg Augur

all the main shm busy selling taskadds to the Strange Magic missions they soloed without us :)