Summer Spectacular 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Summer Spectacular!

Summer is here, the days are long, and that means it's time to celebrate. Start your July off right with in-game bonuses, member gifts, and deals! Everything begins July 1, 2019:

Bonus Rewards!
    • All XP, faction, and rare spawns will be increased by 76%.
    Member Gifts!
    • Log in to claim your two timely and celebratory familiars: the Metamorph Totem: Murikaglider and the Metamorph Totem: Cernerder'Eh Murkglider. Look for these in your reward window once you log in. Members only.
    Heritage Crates Return!
    • Make sure you check out the Marketplace, because the spectacular is a special opportunity to catch up on any of the Heritage Crates you might have missed. ALL Heritage Crates are back in the Marketplace throughout the event.
    The Summer Spectacular begins at 12PM PT (noon) on July 1, 2019, and ends at 12PM PT (noon) on July 8, 2019.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Skewert and Herf like this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. CrazyLarth Augur

4. Herf Augur

5. Sobmre Augur

please clarify : rare drop rewards
    Skewert likes this.
  6. Skewert Lorekeeper

I think in-game it said the spawn rates of rare mobs. I presume that's what it means.
  7. Vinjin Lorekeeper

I noticed the same thing. Message here says "rare drop rewards" whereas the message in game states rare mobs.

I think rare mobs is what is intended but was just wondering for clarification.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you for spamming the raid with achievements!
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

In game, it says rare spawns. Here it says rare drop rewards. Which is it? (Thought it was impossible to change rare drop rates on the fly? Which rare drops?)
    Skewert likes this.
  10. Duder Augur

[IMG]

Which one is it please?
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

Rare - is rare mobs and rare Drops - collections far as I know.
  12. Truetotheblue Augur

Missed opportunity for 17% off store purchases!
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Prathun says in another post it is rare spawns and will look at how that is worded..
  14. Saythe New Member

Why is there a cap on how much bonus experience you can get? I'm out in the first day??
  15. eqgamer Augur

Very nice. Long live EQ.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What cap are you talking about? There has never been a limit on how much exp you can gain
  17. Saythe New Member

There is a cap on how much bonus experience you can gain. No cap on actual experience. After so much bonus, it fades.
    eqgamer likes this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Never noticed the bonus exp to stop working or fading out during these specials and I get the bonus message and see the gain. So how do you determine it fades out?

Although I have never heard of this in EQ - other games, yes this does happen. So if someone could point out where it says this happens it would help me to understand.

Or if anyone else has experience with this?

Sorry just really confused.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Saythe New Member

You still get the message (you gain experience/party experience (with a bonus)! because the event is active, however after amassing X amount of bonus experience, it no longer applies to your character. I know this because with a 50% potion popped at North Fort in FM I would get an AA every 1-2 kills, now with a pot, it's 3-4, after I've exhausted the event bonus. I did not have any vitality built up either. I went hard for about 6 hours gaining 700+ AA, and now it's cut way back. Someone in my guild mentioned they implemented this several years ago. Unless I'm bugged, there is a cap.
    eqgamer likes this.
  20. Warpeace Augur

How many AA did you have when you started that and how many AA did you have when you noticed the difference?

There is a point where it takes more XP to gain each AA.

You didn't run out of bonus XP.