Heals Over Time broked in the same manner as DoTs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duder, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Duder Augur

Thanks for the update Ngreth
  2. Duder Augur

On my monk, after accepting rez and not zoning my new covenants were being attributed to my corpse for the remainder of the raid as well
  3. Brohg Augur

appropriate.
  4. niente Developer

This has been fixed on Test right now if you want to try it out. The change only applies to "new" zones (instances).
    Skewert, Duder and kizant like this.
  5. Duder Augur

The disassociation of Monk alliance occurred in Gorowyn - Balance of Power raid
  6. Duder Augur

Newly made instances, I get it, gotcha
    Skewert likes this.
  7. kizant Augur

Well that was fixed pretty fast.
    Skewert likes this.
  8. Rashod Lorekeeper

Believe this is still not fixed? Or I misunderstood the hotfix post -- this has been pushed to live right?

This was OT - Fell Foliage Raid, saw the same with two separate beastlords, a necro, and an enchanter at least.

Mob before I died.
    /tell Rashod Rashod -vs- A surreal succulent: -- DMG: 3969741 -- DPS: 208933 -- Scaled: 152682 -- DirDmg: 1920225 -- Crush: 1603499 -- Kick: 166689 -- DoT: 157062 -- Punch: 119481 -- Strike: 2785 -- % dmg as normal: 30.7% -- % dmg as critical: 69.3% -- Non-crit rate: 53.3% -- crit rate: 46.7% -- Attempts: 308 -- Hits: 287 -- Missed: 21 -- Accuracy: 93.2% -- Avg Hit: 13831 -- Max hit: 120620 -- DMG to PC: 59473

Second attempt after I had died (no DOT damage):
    /tell Rashod Rashod -vs- Combined: Cactiikii: -- DMG: 177191954 -- DPS: 211698 -- Scaled: 211194 -- DirDmg: 90411362 -- Crush: 70810511 -- Kick: 9562560 -- Punch: 6246480 -- Strike: 161041 -- % dmg as normal: 14.3% -- % dmg as critical: 85.7% -- Non-crit rate: 42.2% -- crit rate: 57.8% -- Attempts: 10465 -- Hits: 9913 -- Missed: 552 -- Accuracy: 94.7% -- Avg Hit: 17874 -- Max hit: 339157 -- DMG to PC: 2845656

Spell list from that attempt:
    Combined: Cactiikii on 6/29/2019
    Rashod - 1980
    --- Gelid Claw VIII - 502
    --- Bite of the Asp XXV - 215
    --- Feral Swipe XIX - 166
    --- Arcane Ballad Strike II - 131
    --- Blackguard's Synergy Strike II - 105
    --- Lion's Roar 6 - 101
    --- Outrider's Synergy Strike II - 101
    --- Frozen Toxin Rk. III - 92
    --- Overdrive Punch - 88
    --- Travenro's Strike II - 72
    --- Beramos' Maelstrom Rk. III - 54
    --- Ekron's Chill Rk. III - 46
    --- Jann's Light - 43
    --- Chameleon Strike VI - 38
    --- Frostbite Roar Rk. II - 30
    --- Pure Magical Energy - 29
    --- Travenro's Spite II - 29
    --- Bestial Vivisection/Rending - 27
    --- Dichotomic Fury - 15
    --- Polybiad Blood Rk. III - 15
    --- Burst of Flames V - 13
    --- Banestrike - 12
    --- Unleashed Fury - 8
    --- Elkikatar's Endemic Rk. II - 6
    --- Protective Spirit Disc - 4
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 4
    --- Received Bard Epic - 4
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 4
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 4
    --- Venomous Covenant Rk. III - 4
    --- Consumption of Spirit VII - 3
    --- Playing Possum V - 3
    --- Received Paragon - 3
    --- Warder's Gift XIII - 3
    --- Al'ele's/Venon's Vindication - 2
    --- Received Bestial Alignment - 2
    --- Received Quick Time - 2
    --- Savage Fury/Rage/Rancor - 2
    --- Second Spire of the Savage Lord IV - 2
    --- Attack of the Warders X - 1
    --- Bestial Alignment XIII - 1
    --- Bestial Bloodrage VII - 1
    --- Blessing of Unity - 1
    --- Bloodlust II - 1
    --- Companion's Sacrifice VII - 1
    --- Ferociousness III - 1
    --- Focused Paragon of Spirit XXV - 1
    --- Frenzied Swipes III - 1
    --- Frenzy of Spirit IX - 1
    --- Fury of the Beast - 1
    --- Group Bestial Alignment V - 1
    --- Mass Group Buff - 1
    --- Monkey's Spirit - 1
    --- Paragon of Spirit XXXII - 1
    --- Protection of the Warder XVIII - 1
    --- Received Ruaabri's Fury - 1
    --- Roar of Thunder XXII - 1
    --- Staunch Recovery - 1
    --- Vampiric Aura - 1
    --- Arcane Ballad Effect II - 0
    --- Dichotomic Fury 6 - 0
    --- Frozen Toxin Ice III - 0
    Produced by GamParse v2.0.0.94 BETA
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No, it's just on test. It hasn't been pushed live yet.
  10. Defjam1 Journeyman

Well , they shouldn't have posted yesterday at 4 on live notes then :)

New

Hotfix Notes: June 28, 2019
    *** Spells ***

- Fixed a bug that would result in a caster's spells not being focused after taking a resurrection in the same zone.

Note: This change only applies to new zones (i.e. instances). Zones that were already up will not get this change until they restart.

11. Rashod Lorekeeper

Oh okay, so the post in the Game Update Notes (Live) wasn't a game update to live. Makes sense!
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ah, my bad... I missed that one. You just answered your own question then... but it only applies to un-repopped zones. So instances only or pickzones.
  13. Derd Augur

Isn't fixed on test either, we just tested instances there also.
  14. Angahran Augur

An awful lot of stuff is tested on the test server, reported as broken but gets pushed live anyway.
    Plus there are all the fun patches that never make it to the test server so you have the wonderful test patches to bring the test server into line with live.

What sort of ridiculous QA system has code changes going into a production environment BEFORE the test environment ?
  15. Duder Augur

So is there a fix of the fix to fix the fix yet? Cause it is still a problem

After death on Shaman, new Dots do nothing whatsoever. The dots themselves are non functioning and produce no damage to the mob until I zone.
  16. Brohg Augur

Slow your roll / calm your toes / whatever. That is not what's going on. Test server "sync" patches are removing additional speculative fixes/additions that weren't pushed, to restore its value as a bench for the next round of updates.
  17. niente Developer

When this change was prepped for the Live patch we discovered it had only partially fixed the bug. Currently you need to go to bind and accept a rez to be focused. If you accept a rez while you're in the same zone, you will no longer be focused. This bug was caused by an architectural change to how players are stored on the zone, which helps enable future changes to how PCs and NPCs store buffs.
    Ezbro, Skewert, Brohg and 2 others like this.
  18. Daedly Augur

Increases in NPC buff slots you say. I am sure people will accept this minor hiccup if that's the case
  19. Sancus Augur

It's possible that could be a long-term benefit of whatever changes they made, but that definitely isn't what she said :p
    Spellfire, Brohg and FawnTemplar like this.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't think the Devs are trying to be mean with debuff slots, I think it's a game limitation. The main concern I believe is lag from too many DoT's going off.

Hopefully this code on HoT's and the code on DoT's is a good sign of a Necro/SK DoT revamp being imminent. That would certainly fix the limited debuff slots.
    Whulfgar likes this.