4th of July Events ???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by OldCa61, Jun 29, 2019.

1. OldCa61 Augur

On vacation from now until the 5th. Anything planned. Be awesome to have a full 7 days of rare spawns to help finish tasks :)

DB Store could put ALL of the LoN Cards on sale and discount membership...lol

A Mage can dream

Happy 4th to all of you who make this game great:D
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Last year's stuff:
    From 12:00 PM PT on Saturday, June 30, 2018 until 12:00 PM PT on Thursday, July 5, 2018, ALL players on ALL servers will be awarded with 76% bonus experience, faction hits, and rare spawns!

Additionally, members will receive 25% off ALL items in the in-game Marketplace!

My guess is that they will start on the 3rd and go through the weekend...but maybe we will get lucky and start earlier.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. svann Augur

Be nice if my shoulders could share in that extra xp.
  4. Riou EQResource

Marketplace bonus was dumped this year unless they separated it out
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I would consume all 70 of my Krono if Daybreak had the nuts to give us 4% bonus xp for the 4th.
    tyrantula likes this.
  6. Arceus-Mend New Member

Would have been nice to have started yesterday (in alignment with last year); not sure anyone from DB is paying attention though.. also not listed on in game events/calendar is kind of sad.. I would book a couple of days vacation off if I could be sure, and be on all day/night.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That would be nice, since the 4th is Thursday I took the 5th off as well to get a 4 day weekend out of it.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Be interesting to see how it goes. They have a faster exp TLP server now so wondering if that will affect how much bonus we get and for how long.

Or maybe the 30th wasn't on a weekend last year? (ie having someone in the office to turn things on).
  9. Drokk New Member

It has been on the 30th for the last 2 years but they did send out announcements on the 29th last two years. I am kinda wondering why nothing has been sent out.
    2017 June 30th was on a Friday.
    2018 June 30th was on a Saturday
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm... It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma
    Nennius and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is automated they shouldn't need someone to turn it on.

I was hoping for it being turned on now, as I'm busy next weekend.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Then maybe the automation is broken?
  13. Drokk New Member

Well appears not to be a script or its broken.This really suck
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Bonus Exp why hast though forsaken us?
  15. Allayna Augur

Probably because the 4th is closer to the following weekend than the preceding one. If they commemorate the US holiday I’d anticipate something like the 4th-8th in the AM.

But honestly, the entitlement in EQ is baffling. Go have a bar-b-que, launch some questionably safe explosives into the air and celebrate ‘Merica!
    Endaar and Boze like this.
  16. CrazyLarth Augur

I saw a pop up this morning logging in?
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

And?
  18. Drokk New Member

oh my oh my
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Are you max AA and 100% into your level now? I expect the answer is yes. Nuff said.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am max aa and exp on my name and close enough on boxes or alts that it makes little difference to me but it DOES make a lot of difference other then you or me. I assume you are max aa and exp already and probably most if not all of your guild. And for the record I generally miss most of any exp bonus periods because I actually am out enjoying my RL :).

I know they are not your peeps but lots of returning players trying to catch up need these bonus exp weekends. And a lot of players who DO put their RL life first most of the time will use the parts of these bonus exp weekends to catch up. You know between the fireworks and BBQs. Not sure why it is so hard for you to envision that these bonus periods are a big deal to a lot of players.

Oh and I am Canadian dude. I don't celebrate the 4th of July like you do in the States. I do honour things like Memorial Day in the States though as I have great respect for those who serve. Oh and I like having two thanksgivings but any excuse to roast a turkey you know how it is.

So your response to me in particular is baffling and I have to assume you are responding to the mass of posts but just decided to respond to me for some reason.
    Aurastrider likes this.