Do not raise level cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tolzol Augur

Anyone can go beta test things if you buy the expansion it’s not limited to high end guilds by no means. This logic is why things get tuned the way they do because mid-lower end players don’t go beta test. If you mean for the raid game they usually do those with guilds they know are prepared when called upon for obvious reasons to not waste time but anyone can do the raids as well without the devs and provide feedback on the forums.
    Yinla and Allayna like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Even the high end guilds tell them they over tune the group stuff and they don't listen. In one of the recent threads Allayna, the leader of MS, said as much.
    Yinla, Warpeace and Allayna like this.
  3. Tolzol Augur

Ok so prove him right and go beta test in group gear.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Prove him right about what? They they don't listen. If they haven't listened by now regarding over tuning group content they are never going to listen.

Having been in betas since up to now I have always preordered and reading the beta forums I see no evidence they listen to much in the group game because they are too busy trying to balance the raid game. I am done tilting at that windmill.
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

TBL was too hard because EoK was trivial.. when it was released .. RoS not a full notch above but about half a notch above in difficulty..

I prefure TBL over both of those expansions by far..
  6. Bamboompow Augur

Don't buy the expac and then you can stay level 110. Paying more money to advance in a past expac is probably part of their business plan. As a customer, well, its your money.

Typically when a prior expac is perceived as being too difficult, the next logical step is a level cap increase and a roll back on the difficulty for the new content in relation to the new level. Or it could also be difficult AF. Who knows. If they put in one instanced Gribbles/GMM style zone with decent but not over the top rewards that is grind friendly, no one will care too much. The rest of it can be for the #GetGuud crowd.

Many people we all know spend like 10 hours in old content in contrast to every 30 minutes spent in TBL doing collections and hunters etc for the chasers, anyway. It is almost a genius approach because only a small fraction of the player base actually finish EVERYTHING. Lets make an expac thats very difficult yet still small in scope and force the majority of the players into adventuring in places like PoP. And yet still have it make sense with the story. Bravo, DBG. Seriously. Well done! Less really was SO MUCH more this go round.

Also the top raid guilds tend to test well, in addition to usually finishing everything when its still relevant. So that is their gauge. Even so, rumor has it the devs don't even listen to the top raid guilds either, even though those guilds are their target audience and keeping them happy is where the majority of their effort goes. Especially if the raids are developed first and the group versions are dumb downs to follow later. There are plenty of companies that don't listen to their customers, and that's fine. We still buy their stuff anyway.
  7. Lilura Augur

Yeah I forgot that part, the total failure of the devs to listen during the itsy bitsy beta. Which gives me no confidence they will listen now.
  8. Lilura Augur

Wow way to take me out of context.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Its not out of context.

Eok and RoS were jokes .. when it came to difficulty level ..

Even mediocre groups were one shotting the hardest grp stuff with little to no difficulty in both expansion upon release.

There is literally ZERO context to be had .. RoS / EoK - difficulty (easy mode).
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Yup. The raid game has been the main focus in this game for a long time. But then again, moist raiders aren't FTP. Or at least not on their main account(s). In most companies the attention of the companies follows the money first.
  11. enclee Augur

The money to be had isn’t from the raid game, the more apt description is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Graves likes this.
  12. Allayna Augur

I’d say it’s less that the devs don’t listen and more that they aren’t going to listen to one end game raid guild who isn’t afraid of epeen shrinkage by stating the currently tuned content will not be well received by your casual population. Especially when you have 5-6 other guilds screaming, “Harder, harder” like a on prom night.

If you have ever complained that content is too hard AND not gone into beta to test it...you’re the problem.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I would argue that with proper tuning and other creative measures in the group game they would make significantly more money than from the raid game. Raids are a niche in an already niche population. The group game is pretty much a requirement for everyone that plays. Spending a little more time making the group game not only fun but accessible for the vast majority of group geared players would be smart business imo.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

This post wins the entire thread ..
  15. Warpeace Augur

This EQ myth of only the top 5 guilds get to beta and provide feedback needs to just stop. Everyone can BETA test as long as they pre order the expansion.
    Pre order the expansion and you also get access to the BETA forums where you can feel free to provide feedback.
    This has been in effect for several expansion now and is not a secret.
    TheStugots and Allayna like this.
  16. smash Augur

EoK was a good balanced expansion for group players, and RoS way too difficult for groupers with the 2 worst zones ever, OT + Skyfire..
    OT, the mobs had too much effects on, and Skyfire had those flying drakes, making being there a nightmare, which also showed during the time the expansion was season for it, people went there for their hunter/misson/task, and is now as empty as can be, except when people go there to get hunter/mission/tasks.

I know a lot of people who got through EoK, but complete stuck in RoS/TBL, In RoS, they could not get pass first group misison in OT, and Esp not through Skyfire.

I do hope devs learned something of TBL/RoS, and consider the difficulty of coming expansion to be easier
    Fian likes this.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

Sorry I don't pay DBG to test their product. Also the people that complain about things being over tuned are probably the ones who can least afford the time spent testing when realistically they have a mountain of things to accomplish. Spending a month every year testing just so your voice "might" be heard seems like wasted time.

Now if you are current with nothing to do it makes perfect sense to jump into Beta. It gives you a leg up on other players come launch day so you can hit those money camps first, get server/game firsts, and then shrug your shoulders when others are struggling.

The players don't create the content the developers do. Having an understanding of their playerbase, creating content and yes tuning it is their job not the players. "You're in our world now" pretty much says it all. I have much respect for the developers but trying to deflect responsibility for a product on its consumers like we are responsible for its success is a bit silly that's literally a companies job.

I am happy we have a place to voice our thoughts, ideas, opinions and so forth for the developers to read but the reality is they probably don't have time to read but only a fraction of the comments posted on these forums and they have even less time to take the majority of those seriously.
    Graves and Fian like this.
  18. TheStugots Augur

Alayna is 100% right. If you don’t bother playing beta, don’t bother .

It’s like not voting and because the one you dislike gets elected.

Sure, your vote/input may not make a difference, but at least you tried.

Nothing in TBL group game was too hard, and I don’t raid. Do more to do better.
  19. Bamboompow Augur

Beta requires the pre-order. Which is a double edged sword. Yes, anyone who ponies up the cash can participate when past precedent was you had to apply and be accepted for the beta. That used to be the realm of the more accomplished players and guilds as acceptance was on a guild basis as well as individual. It was MERIT BASED. Now you have to buy in first, which means you are committed. Regardless if the beta is well done. Regardless if the end result is good or if it ends up being a steaming turd/DOA or whatever. It in a way invalidates the Beta, because..well...they have your money already.

Those who are on the fence about even buying the next expac because they are already massively behind or their class got harshly nerfed etc, well they have to count on those who took the leap. Mainly the elite of the game, and hope those elite can look at the bigger picture and not just what serves their best interests. There are also ordinarily players who hopefully won't get crushed in a similar way to the mattress that is beneath that prom date screaming "Harder! Harder!"

Players like Wulfgar will always beta, because they want their interests met. A hyper challenging game that is exclusive and where only the best rewards go to the best players. Hey, I get it. We all do. The thing is, its not sustainable or even constructive to have to buy into a beta just so the Wulfgars of the game won't end up being the loudest or even the only voice. Part of the merit based Beta in the past was the hope that a good test might be done and somewhat impartially. The end result hopefully being a fun balance of challenge and being inclusive to a broad audience. So all of you beating up other players for not doing Beta, don't forget the Beta is NOT FREE.
    Graves likes this.
  20. TheStugots Augur

I’m really not even debating your post or telling you you’re wrong, but I did find something very funny. You claim it’s “not sustainable”.

Hello! 26 expansions (yes, 26 with the one confirmed) laughs at you.

I get what you’re saying about old beta vs new beta, but to even mutter the words “not sustainable” is asinine.

Come say hello in another 5 years.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.