Heals Over Time broked in the same manner as DoTs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duder, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Duder Augur

After reading the suggestion that this may be possible I went and tested it

Cast Cloud of Renewal on group
    Aggro mob on shm
    Die on shm
    Tank with monk > Rez token the shm from monk

Immediately after the shamans death the Cloud of Renewal spells disassociated with the shaman, Rather than SHM has healed you over time for xxxx it began to read you have been healed over time for xxxx. Then, after accepting rez I began to cast heals to keep the monk up, however, the new heal over times, of every sort, Union of Spirits, new Cloud of Renewal, Abundant healing, all were not attributed to the shaman and were not focused and were not critting.

Discuss
    Skewert likes this.
  2. Duder Augur

I did not test it after fading with shaman via Inconspicuous Totem, however, I Imagine and suspect that it may be the same deal
  3. Derd Augur

Checking our last parses.. shows definite weirdness on dots being recorded. Shows in cast counts but as no dmg for two of our beastlords. I'd say its affecting more than just heals and necros.
  4. Tappin Augur

Did you check to see if nukes have the same issues?
  5. Duder Augur

I didn't, and don't have time to tonight, however, that is a good idea to do, whos up to it?
  6. Duder Augur

I lied, tested it, nukes are fine, had a druid die, come back in, all normal, had him fade, nuke again, all fine
  7. Skewert Lorekeeper

Ahhh, so that must be what happened to me tonight in a ETWK HA. I died on my SK and later on in the HA, I cast a dot that does more damage to plant-based mobs than other stuff. I noticed that the dot was doing zero damage, nothing. I later cast a poison dot, and that dot, too, was doing zero damage.

Annoying bug. Hopefully they're aware of it and working to fix it. Sucks to hear that it's effecting Heal-over-time spells now also.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

All this fubar, and for months, because someone really wanted dots to parse well on raids, never mind legit reasons to drop aggro. QA team on strike eh?
  9. Tappin Augur

To be honest, something does not add up here. They made a change that no body liked, said they were going to change it back. Why did they not just use the old code? They must have backup.
  10. Dewey Augur

It has little to do with parsing. It is because they were trying to fix mob stealing on the time locked progression servers.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Well if they actually tested crap on the TEST server it might make a difference. As it seems the last few years test is mostly to verify the patch does not fry the server.
  12. Brohg Augur

mmm. And to serve that end you've definitely /testcopied yourself and an alt of each class to test dying & resing in combat each month?

that is a pretty good thing to verify.
  13. Tappin Augur

Can you please elaborate? I don’t see how these changes prevent KS.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Even if they do find thigns on test it still gets pushed to live regardless.

But this stuff shouldn't be down to the test server it should be the responsability of Quality Control.
  15. Tappin Augur

QC needs to legitimately play the game - They would catch a lot of problems that way. Also, they need to STOP patching things live when testers have reported to have game breaking bugs.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. seber Augur

same on all heal back dots really need Fix this now .........................................
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This change needs to be backed out and re-imagined. I get the intent. But it didn't work.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We are aware of this. Thank you. I have no ETA that I can give you. I'm simply letting you know we are aware.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks Ngreth.
  20. Tappin Augur

That is all that is necessary at this time.
    Skewert likes this.