Do not raise level cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tutankamen Augur

Why is the level cap raising to 115? What's the point of this so soon? We've had ROS and TBL only with 110 why on earth are we getting another level cap raise? Honestly what's the point of having to switch out every piece of gear / focus , with very little in the way of options or selections to choose from? I don't get this at all. Please tell me what the logic behind this is... there are still spells that haven't been updated since 100 out there.
  2. Monkman Augur

I too was not thrilled about the lvl increase, however there’s really no use fighting it. The train has left the station.
  3. seber Augur

up to 110 mass ever thing up don't get point really
  4. Sancus Augur

All foci from RoS and TBL (except BP foci) work on 115 spells. I don't think the level increase will have a material impact on the need to swap to new gear.

That said, I really really wish they had devoted the (apparently considerable) effort required for a level cap increase towards actual meaningful class development with a 110 cap. Copy/pasting existing spells at 20% higher values is uninteresting and doesn't constitute new development.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Totally against more levels. But yeah, that ship has sailed. They won't change now.

Be nice if they expanded the dark blue con range by 2 levels and the light blue by 3 levels from level 111-115 though, so we lose less viable content to play in.
  6. Tutankamen Augur

How are they not listening to the community? Lots of foci etc won't even work anymore. They're pushing gear into being obsolete. I haven't spoken to one person who wants a level cap increase. And exactly... the effort it takes to raise the level cap could have gone towards making FUN zones and quests and a lot more gear selection with slight nuances, etc...
  7. Fian Augur

I just hope they have one easy raid in the new expansion so more have access to the new rank 3 spells. On Tunare, only one of 3 raid guilds has beaten a single TBL raid. Last year, all 4 raid guilds had beaten Goro at least by this time.
    Windance likes this.
  8. Natal Augur

Level caps traditionally come approximately every other expansion.

It is necessary, because there is only so much progression that is possible within a level range without making older content of the same level completely trivial. People play to advance their characters, and if advancement is limited to marginal gear upgrades and limited AAs, content runs out pretty fast. A level increase essentially resets the clock and starts the cycle again. It is healthy for the game.
    Elyee, Truklin, Rorce and 2 others like this.
  9. Natal Augur

110 level zones will still be light blue/dark blue, so you can still play in RoS/TBL if you want to. It would just be easier, so stuff that for now you might not have the resources to do, you will be able to do at 115. If they did not increase levels then it would remain out of reach.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Totally for raising the level cap, and hopefully a MAJOR MUDflation increase. This will help some guilds (like mine) progress, as well as keep the majority busy all year.

I approve raising the level cap!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Uh, no. If you're stuck now, major mudflation means you no longer need the gear for the raids you can't beat, and you're just stuck in the same relative spot in the next expansion =P

If you're stuck, there isn't anything that will help you unless the content just happens to be easier relative to TBL, let's be honest.
    Monkman and Tutankamen like this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Level 115 is not going to automatically make a guild defeat Mearatas...
    Mintalie and Endaar like this.
  13. AcemoneyFV Augur

Well it's happening. Nothing we can do about it. Get ready for 5 more levels. :p
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

As already previously mentioned, the majority of gear foci work up to lvl 115. Saying they "won't even work anymore" is far from the truth as they have always still worked just at a lower percent. At least they will still be at 100% effectiveness even at 115 this time.
    Allayna likes this.
  15. Lilura Augur

It's only June. They can change their minds with major pushback. Hopefully they will actually engage us and not just send out Ngreth to be the spearcatcher.

Someone made a great point that the Tears of Alaris quest will be hosed because Alarin mobs will go gray and give no exp. Find other arguments.

And promise not to buy it if they go to 115.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Level ups are necessary. Spell casters receive spells on level ups and a small gain on worn focii. Melee receive large ratio upgrades each side stepping expansion. If there's more than 1 or 2 non level up expansions, our dress wearing friends can be left in the dust. Game balance is never perfect, but too many non level ups consecutively makes things worse.
    Duder, Lubianx and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am happy about a level increase.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmmm

No.
  19. ShadowMan Augur

Sign me up for a no. Its a whole lot of time and resources just to be back to where you started. There can be big growth and time spent on solid content without level increases.
    Teylana and Yinla like this.
  20. JeffHanson Augur

I am happy about the level increase.
    svann, Andarriel, strongbus and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.