DBG store item request

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Goodkitty, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Goodkitty Augur

Planes of power HoH zone Wrulon pet metamorph wands please!
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Goodkitty Augur

Devs you know this is a stellar idea...
  3. Ragnoruk Augur

I'm surprised that there are not a lot more illusion options available. It's been the same old illusions for a really long time.
  4. Nolrog Augur

I have long been of the opinion that they could take much more advantage of the stockpile of things over the years. For example, The Scepter of Draconic Calling should be put up on the station store when a TLP server releases Serpent's Spine. IMO, that would be a very popular item. They should do that whenever a new TLP expansion opens, have the items related to that expansion up on the store for a month or so (box set item, beta rewards, LON loot cards, etc.)
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

They sell horribly. Including ones specifically asked for.
  6. qweasy Augur

Because they can't be used during normal gameplay. Let us mount with them.
    Endaar likes this.
  7. Rorce Augur

I suspect one of the reasons for this is because there are far too many of them. I collected illusions until they started flooding the marketplace, then I gave up.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Froglok Augur

There are a LOT of items in the marketplace that might fit this same category, maybe?

Anything that keeps the revenue flowing and EQ going is good, imo.

How about a rotating set of the "horrible" sellers for those of us who might want said item(s)? Maybe the rotation can change with each patch?

Also, with the 3 variants of expansions, some items are ONLY available form the middle or large XPac. The increased prices are for a few extra items, and then a few more... of which, only one or three may be of true long term use (or truly wanted)... like a mount or a bag or a portal.

In some cases you only get one per account!

I would love to have a Brell's token for all of my toons, but we only got 1 per account. I know it's an old XPac, but it doesn't mean players don't go back for the Hunters, Explores, Slayers, Progression, Achievements.... or just for fun!

So, how about offering those extras as a stand alone purchase, priced accordingly (i.e. 5 extra items in the XPac was $40 more, so each item were $8....). Heck, price it double that.

Also, Beta reward items are give FREE (keep that in mind... FREE) as a reward for playing on Beta.

Unfortunately, the big guilds have all the raid testing pretty much tied up and getting in on things to earn enough tokens for the reward often proves futile. How about offering the old Beta rewards for sale (as in NOT free)?

Just some ideas...
  9. Gremin Augur

Put them on sale then? The staff you can use via /claim window that bumps your faction for BIC, sell it when GoD hits.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

You mean kind of like how people begged for BST at server launch and, despite that just happening, BST were just about as rare as they always are?
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Could do with being rotated round every quarter. Could also do with a better search filters, appearance throws up heros forge and ornaments.Pet illusions could also do with being easier to search for so you don't have to search through familiars that give pet illusions as well as petamorph.

Before yesterday I'd not checked the marketplace in months as it is always the same stuff.

Would be nice to add old expansion bonuses, president for this is the expansion features which are purchasable in the marketplace, ie keyrings. Many of the items were 1 per account so it would be nice to be able to purchase them on other chars, female logic says there is no reason not to. :)
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Begged for BST in classic @ launch. Launching a server a SoL isn't the same thing. Not even close.
  13. Aneuren Tempered Steel

This surprises me. Especially some of the illusions from LoN. Dragon? Bixie? There were a lot of great illusions from those LoN packs and some of them (especially Bixie) were super useful.
  14. Rorce Augur

The amount of Beta tokens needed for the reward the past few expansions has been extremely low. My alt accounts have only looted 3-4 tokens each and have always gotten the reward. That's less than an hour of play time for even the most casual of players.

And Beta access has been given for free with pre orders for several expansions now, so literally anyone can get in.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Imukai Augur

I really don't understand why every possible thing previously made is not for sale in the cash shop at all times. They're simple digital assets (free to produce after the code is added).

Selling wonderfully or selling horribly, selling beyond 1 or 2 is most likely the beginning of profit.

Making new illusions should be a trivial affair unless the "global" model concept still exists and space is limited. I'd hope that was abandoned years ago though.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

That might work, but IMO people are either illusion people or not illusion people. The "not illusion people" won't buy illusions regardless of price. I'm in the "not interested in illusions" camp so I'll never buy one from the DBG store. Hell, I wouldn't even claim it if you gave it to me.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Did you even have a clue how someone gets beta tokens before stating what you did?
  18. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I only returned to the game in March and I opened the store and looked around but there was way too much stuff, it all seemed rather expensive, and it wasn't even really clear what the differences in everything would be (pets? familiars? pet illusions?), so I just kind of went cross-eyed and closed the store.
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

Eh, I don't know if its that simple. I spent about 6 hours testing various trash/named mobs in Stratos during last beta (reporting on them in the forums, etc.), and I got a grand total of zero tokens. My faction was whacked out when that wasn't working properly, so I couldn't do the first quest . . . and since they took out tradeskill testing for tokens, it has not been easy to acquire them. Some beta's you get tokens for meaningless things like zoning, others you have to complete quests, that's fine. I'm not arguing it should be any different than the developers want it to be, but it certainly is much more difficult than it used to be.

But, I digress . . .

As for the actual topic at hand, if the demand is low, the price should be lowered as well. So much on the marketplace is overpriced. Sure, some people are willing to pay the set price for items/services, but I would wager most of the items/services would sell more if they were more reasonably priced. If you want to drive sales of the item type in question (petamorph thingers), why not bundle 2 rarely-bought ones with one highly-purchased item and price the package accordingly (maybe the cost of 1 + 10%?).
    Froglok likes this.
  20. Dailypeanut New Member

I do miss all the old LoN illusions i once had on live, sad that they were not account bound. Although heirloom is nice for the same server, having bought most of them back in Fippy it kinda sucks and starts getting expensive for just an illusion item to buy them again on (currently) Coirnav.

Same goes for the hero forge armor, expensive to buy and only for 1 character. And the armors haven't gotten any upgrades / designs in forever. Not even the seasonal hats really!

Same goes for pet illusions, all bought before, not going to buy them all again for another server.