Hanging when logging out

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Igorath-Bertox, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Igorath-Bertox Elder

When I go to logout I get to the character select screen, I hit quit then I should go to the server select screen but it is just a black screen. Occasionally it will show the old login screen (pre-launcher) and say 'Timeout Error' but won't let me quit the program. I either have to ALT F4 or use the task manager to quit. When I restart EQ the screen resolution is off and the character UIs are messed up to the point of having to redo them.

I did the file integrity file check (or what ever its called) and it took what seems like a longer time than normal but it found nothing. This happen to anyone else?
    Kejsarina likes this.
  2. Moege Augur

Somewhat. When I want to get to character select screen (/camp) I am dumped to desktop. Try using (/camp desktop) if you want to exit the game, that does work for me every time.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I have had something similar that has been an issue for some time now. And it appears to be related to how long characters are logged in at least for me.

If I am only on for an hour or so then it logs out normally, going thru all the screens.

If I am on for hours and hours then when I log off it will hang, go to black screen, then pop up the old style log in where I try to hit cancel and it will return an error or just not respond. Sometimes if I wait at that screen long enough it will close but usually I have to hit the red X.

No form of quitting/camping affects this. File verification does nothing. Journal is off. Seems to be server related - like the game builds up garbage in the background and is not clearing out to allow a proper log out.

I don't have the UI issue, thank goodness.
    DebonAir, Beimeith and Malbrowncoat like this.
  4. Malbrowncoat Elder

Same problem here
  5. Fazuul New Member

Same issues here you're not alone...
  6. Perplexed Augur

Same problem x3.accounts
    Black screen after clicking "Quit", eventually an old style log in graphic pops up but doesn't work.
    The most 2 most annoying things about this problem are:
    1. the inability to switch servers immediately after logging off
    2. the only way to get rid of the black EQ is by using windows key and closing EQ, then having to
    restore full screen mode when I return to game. Life's too short to be wasting all that time logging
    in and out or changing servers :p
    Seriously, please post if you found a fix
  7. Porm Journeyman

.I have been having the same issues as well on both of my accounts. Does not seem to make much difference with amount of time logged in.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes it has gotten worse, it no longer matter if I have been on 5 minutes or 5 hours. Been using the red x in upper right corner. My main concern is that this shows a huge lack of stability for the servers. Wish a dev would see this. I also posted up in live bugs
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Same issue here and I play on 2 servers. It's very annoying. I box 3 to 4 toons, all on their own computers. So what I have been doing now is just /camp desktop, much faster. I hope they do fix this soon though.
  10. Brovaar Elder

Same thing happens to me on occasion. Just happened a couple of minutes ago. I was at character select and decided to go to another server and then it hangs. When it does hang it follows a pattern exactly every time. 1) Switch servers and hangs. 2) After a bit it pops up a message you have been disconnected from server. 3) Hit ok and enter login credentials and then it hangs again. 4) Same message eventually pops up if you have the patience to wait but now when you login it works. The downside is that it is much quicker to exit completely and log back in. A related issue is that when running multiple accounts one of them randomly crashes.

These two scenarios do not happen all the time they instead come in waves. Some days there is no issues and other days it is a bit much.
  11. Meridian Augur

Was just an occasional thing for me until a couple weeks ago. Now it seems to happen every time.
    Shaantara likes this.
  12. Borune Journeyman

Was wondering if it was me.

I have 3 laptops and they all do this no matter how long or short my play sessions are. Every single log out without fail (so to speak).
    Shaantara likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Its not just you.
  14. Scargar New Member

I made a hot key "/camp desktop" and so far that is the only thing that works. I literally had a back and forth conversation with Daybreak support and none of their solutions worked. I linked this thread to them. I even deleted and scrubbed my hard drive and reinstalled EQ and it came back worse with my UI all messed up every time I logged back in. Use the hot key! It's the only solution until they fix it.
  15. Urgiedoc New Member

Same thing has been happening to me since about the time of the original post to this thread. Since that was more than two weeks ago and there is no message here from the devs, kinda makes me think we are being ignored. :mad:
  16. KC13 Augur

I have this problem as well. It is getting old real fast.
  17. Elyssanda Bardbrain

totally havin' the same issue.
  18. Midasa Elder

This has been happening to me for at least a month now too.
    I did some experimenting. If I wait for the black screen to turn into the old blue launch screen, and then enter my password, it will try to log in and fail. Then when I enter my password again, it will get to server select and I can log in again. This takes about 3 minutes.
    Granted this is not acceptable, but something does reset it to server select when following these steps. But again if I log in and log off, I will get the black screen again.
    Not sure this is any help, but it's interesting.
  19. Raptus New Member

I’m having this issue as well. I play full screen. When I kill EQ to logout, it starts up in windowed mode. It used to be, years ago, that going from full screen to windowed, the UI windows would be all goofed up, but when I went back to full screen it would fix all the windows. Now, in addition to not logging out correctly, going back to full screen from windowed, the UI is still screwed up.
    What I do now is log in to a bazaar alt whose UI I don’t care about, set it to full screen, then log in to my main account. Total pita, but the only way I know of to preserve the UI.
  20. Moege Augur

Mark you files read only. Only way I am preserving my sanity. It does mean any changes made is not saved /shrug my layout is static anyway

character_server.ini (char hotbuttons etc)
    UI_character_server.ini (ui layout)