Translocate Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Izzard of Bertox, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

AE TL went in with Luclin - it had an interesting bug back then, but that helped with finding a spot in the bazar! For anyone who doesn't remember, if you had 2 TL boxes back then you LDed! It was soon fixed!

Disapointed to see changes to TLs after all this time, so the big question is why did it have to be changed?

Maybe after all this time, it is time to seperate out the TLP servers and the live servers so live are not intwined together and have to have the same things!

After all FV has different loot rules and Zek has PVP, why can't TLP have changes that DO NOT effect live servers?
  2. Warpeace Augur

I believe the short answer was something along the lines of - It would create more work for them to have to manage live, TLP and specialty servers.

TLP should just become its own entity Call it EQ classic with big bags and stat mounts and split it off from live.
    Skewert likes this.
  3. FawnTemplar Augur

So TLP players get listened to on their forums eh?

Hmmm I am gonna go add to the complaining about druids on the TLP forums... Maybe then we can get some changes :p:D
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Die, kill 2 mobs. Done? It's not like TLing out saved anyone any real xp.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its not about EXP that is easy to gain, its about recovery time after death. And getting the whole raid out with minimal deaths so less recovery time is needed.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Lianeb Augur

It has never saved time. You’re still going to wait on those that died. And if you TLd your raid out prior to people dying maybe you could have recovered.

AETL was nothing more than a battle cry for the RL to signal wipe it out.
    Tarvas, Elyssanda and Gana like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sometimes we like to TL out when something has gone wrong before deaths, working on achievements spring to mind, learning what happends when you do X & Y on an event, trying to work out if adds are timed or HP based. Double spawning GMM2 because of lag etc. :oops:
  8. Gana Augur

Ever since AE Rez came into the game, AE TL hasn't saved any time on a wipe. When you had to rez each corpse individually, sure. But this is not costing Live one minute extra while saving time and headaches for the GM staff because of the TLP petitions.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Yep, the key...TLP
  10. Gana Augur

Yes, they changed something for TLPs that only impacts TLPs (since they are the only ones that don't all have AE Rez). Sure, it affects all servers, but it is relegated to a null effect on Live. So...the issue is?
  11. Warpeace Augur

Changed something for TLP's? your kidding me right?? This change effected every server. They just chose to not police the bad actors. EA rez has zero to do with it.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Gana Augur

You forgot that I said this...even though you quoted it.

AE Rez nullifies the effect of a wipe. AE TL used to avoid a full raid wipe (probably the most common use *while in combat*), but the downtime would be the same because no one calls a wipe while the primary actors (DPS, MT, Healers, etc) are still alive. You're going to wait for them to be ready (rez effects, buffs, mana, etc), so one person, 50 people...not significant difference.

Where I *do* agree with you is that this is circumventing the real problem...the people themselves. But you know what they say about bad apples.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

It’s not the end of the world nor will they change it back but it did save time. Many people take the dog out, grab a snack, run to the bathroom, catch a score, check in on the family quick when they safely accepted a TL and didn’t die. They have other options that aren’t as great that now require multiple zoning. Either way it’s less time for that other stuff now that happens after you take longer to zone back or are setup for rebuffs.
  14. Xorsazis Augur

Or since this is about a raid wiping and taking up too much time for recovery, how about when a raid resets, it gives everyone a 90% rez without rez effects and giving everyone full HME so they can rebuff and go again in 2 minutes.

Bonus if it resets disc timers as well.
  15. Dewey Augur

So your saying it doesn't cost live 1 minute extra.

Yet not every one gets 100% rezzes. I would argue that time is wasted. Because enough deaths and you have to go xp to get that experience meter back up.

Just saying your logic is wrong. It's something that we will all work around, but multiple deaths add up.
  16. Febb Augur

I suspect that just making another code branch won't be sufficient, nor will giving the patcher a TLP option to patch. They probably would have to break off many other things in code in order to fully separate that code branch from live and they don't want to put that much work into it.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Interesting.

How does AETL save time on raid wipes ?

Cause.. wipes take exactly as long as it takes the last class to fully med up and get fully rebuffed.

Perhaps it's different then your guild. Could you please explain your post deeper so we can understand?

Edit: even on a partial wipe.
  18. Tappin Augur

All this to stop people from pulling names to zone in? News flash - there’s about a dozen more ways to do it. Wouldn’t be easier to perma root the mob they don’t want pulled to zone in?
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Fail an emote for an ahievement, TL out before deaths so we can try again.

Generals bugging out with 1 being under the world, usually no one has died so quicker to just TL out and start again then try and get him out and risk the unbalance and mana drains.

There are a few other times when we TL out, normally when we are testing mechanics. Trying to get a handle on spawn times, when we haven't been DPSing just healing tanks to see if adds are times or HP based.
  20. Gana Augur

So, which is it? Is it EXP or is it not? For the record, I think this is the FIRST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF RAIDING that a Raider has complained about needing to get EXP. And it made me LOL...a lot. A raider...complaining about getting EXP. That's some funny stuff. You on your way. You the next Lenny Bruce!