Class population and Alliance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I am the ONLY rogue who raids in my guild. If I want alliance to work, I have to spend weeks and weeks farming trade skill supplies so other players MIGHT use the poison I'm making on raids so alliance will work.

Who else has issues like this?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Pretty much any class whose alliance is need x number of y from other members of your class...

You have a shot of getting your alliance to work. Me, a wizard … if I'm in a raid alone, I unmem the spell. I will say that I like the tradeoff that was setup for rogues - have to provide poisons, but anyone can help. But you generally have to rely on lazy guild members...

Poison drop components do need an increase (or in TBLs case … actually be there). So do a number of the alchemy potion components.
  3. Kenre Journeyman

Be thankful you have a chance to use it unlike every other class in the same situation. Please don't complain about privilege. (Apart from healer alliance of course. And I bet druids love theirs)
    Maedhros likes this.
  4. Dewey Augur

The problem with it is you have to go to old expansions. Add a raiding rogue you have to live in old content or don't use poisons. That is your 2 options and it's not right.

They are talking about alliance, but honestly, it's all of our poisons.
  5. Monkman Augur

What I would do to proc alliance like a rogue...

Honestly though, ask around about components... there was a brief period of time at the beginning of ROS where you could vendor buy the dropped component for the XIX poison. I know of several people who stocked up like the world was ending (50,000 - 100,000 mats ea) I’m sure someone with a lifelong supply would sell you several thousand at a reasonable cost.
  6. Maedhros High King

I imagine your guild should be thrilled to help compensate your poison crafting efforts. I would be shocked if there were not a half dozen people in most guilds who have 5 or 6 mules devoted to obscure tradeskills.
    Keep in mind that it does not require the very most recent poisons to proc the alliance. Older ones will do it too.

I do tend to agree though, literally no other dps class can proc alliance without another member of their class being present.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

at least they have an alliance independent from other classes that CAN be taken advantage of. I can imagine the uproar if the devs were all "you're right, now mages wizards and enchanters spells will trigger one another's alliance! BUT they no longer stack...." similar with pure melee rogue/monk/zerker….. the groups of folks who were actually using it would call it a YUUUUGE nerf, even though it would increase the overall number of people using the spell effectively.

not to mention you'd end up similar to shaman/cleric/druid, where really only the shaman alliance is ever called for.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Maed says this knowing he has at least that many of us.. and yes, we are more than happy to donate to the rogues /shaman of our guild.
  9. kizant Augur

Why wouldn't melee be using them on their own anyway?
    Sancus likes this.
  10. DaciksBB Augur

Buff slots? Although fair point, one can easily toggle target to themselves and click it during a short lull in an event/at the start. Gotta eat those MB charges somehow.
  11. Nylrem Augur

LOL @ Poyzen…

LOL @ weeks and weeks farming
    LOL @ trouble convincing guildies to use poisons
    LOL @ whining that, as the ONLY rogue in the raid, you can still proc alliance, and absolutely as often as it refreshes.

NO OTHER DPS CLASS can, at all, let alone recast as soon as it refreshes, because it procced already 2 seconds after using it...

Ask nicely, and I'd bet your guildies would be happy to provide the components, to make.
    Bet your guild leader, looters, whatever, would provide the PP for vendor components, or even purchase the TS components from marketplace for you.

As a magician, I'd happily provide all casters with dragonmagic potions, if it'd proc my alliance...

Silly rogue, complaining about something awesome that you have...

Or maybe, just didn't know that nobody else's (DPS) alliance worked that way, that actually HAD to have at least 2 others of same class, to even be possible to use it, and more like 4 of same class, if want to be able to rotate and use it every time it's available.
    Spellfire, Jhenna_BB and RPoo like this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Exactly how many raid members using the spiders bite potion does it take to fulminate one rogues alliance proc ?
  13. Funky Augur

bard alliance can be cast nearly instant after it fires.... given can only be triggered by another bard, but still.
  14. Brohg Augur

3 is better than 50/50. It's not sure, since other classes are so much worse at using poisons, but 3 worth giving it a go. Warriors, Monks, Berserkers, and Bards should all have it on as a matter of course.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Chalandria's Fang FTW
    Brohg likes this.