Tradeskill feedback - requested changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My pet hate at the moment is having to empy my bags to use a tradeskill contain which is not readily available in Plane of Knowledge, home cities, housing etc.

I feel we went backwards in TBL with having to do gear combines in a container instead of a fixed tradeskill workshop in Plane of Knowledge. Having to empty/rearange bags is a major pain in the posterior just to do a single combine (this isn't a request for more combines).

Can we please not repeat this in future expansions and where possible change past recipes which use containers to be created in normal workshops. Having recently maxed out pottery I officially hate glazes!
    Balthozzar likes this.
  2. Thrillho Augur

Add an additional inventory slot for only TS containers. No storage - close the bag, everything moves back to inventory. No more rearranging for TSing or armor combines, and it essentially gives us another X inventory spots when TSing - highly desirable.
    Balthozzar, Gana and Angahran like this.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

If this were possible it would be great. Just a no-storage slot that otherwise entirely functions as a tradeskill container would solve so many inventory shuffling issues.

Sounds tricky to implement though.
  4. Moege Augur

Does not even need an extra slot, just allow the container to be opened, allow items to be placed in it, allow combine to work and if you close it the content goes to your inventory or cursor if inventory is full.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I honestly wonder if that wouldn't be more complicated to code than a new slot heh
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Better yet!

Make the combine container 2hand, so you must unequip your primary and secondary items then place container in your primary slot. After all, how the heck can you do tradeskills with your hand full of shields, swords, and stuff!
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats where the trophies go!
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

You’re doing it wrong, trophies in your house then use tribute to run them.. hands free, more bag space!
  9. Grove Augur

If you are in PoK, why are you not using the stationary containers? In PoK there is one for each trade. I use them always for recipes I do not "know", so that I do not have to empty the occupied containers I carry in inventory. If I know the recipe, I have the choice of using the one in my inventory -- comparing the needs with what I must purchase from the merchant or the standing trades container. Granted, there are the strange containers such as the glaze container; no love with that one. As an officer in my guild, I have used one trick. Temporarily dump the contents into the guild bank to make the space I need then retrieve and replace objects where they were.
  10. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I did not know this, but I haven't been back long enough to figure out housing yet.

Noted!
  11. Warpeace Augur

You have to turn them on and off, basically swap with your tribute ones active.

Would be great if your trade skill ones worked 24/7 and only needed placed on your housing property so you don't have to mess with tribute ones.
    Teylana, Yinla and Gana like this.
  12. Balthozzar Elder

I think there might be something deep in the code that prevents bags from being opened while inside other bags, even aside from them not wanting that to happen. I remember that it took them a while to make it so that empty bags could be kept inside other bags. I think that your idea would be great, but like everything else, it is a matter of how much developer time it takes vs. the benefit.
  13. Balthozzar Elder

I agree. Perhaps they can just make it so that tradeskill trophies don't count against your trophy limit. I mean, there's seven of them, but only 4 slots for trophies. (Though there is some achievement or something that can increase that, right?)
  14. Warpeace Augur

15. Balthozzar Elder

I looked it up and see that it is in the achievements for completing all of the collections in CotF, TDS, TBM, and EoK expansions (one extra slot each, for up to 8 total). That's an awful lot of shinies.
  16. Balthozzar Elder

With personal housing and guild halls, we can place crafting stations that we can use without having to deal with any lag from being in PoK. What I would really like to see are two additions:
    • A depot that stores tradeskill items that all players with the right level of access to the house or guild hall can draw from. (Ideally as if they were already in their personal inventory, but even if the crafter needs to withdraw the items, that's still a benefit.)
    • Placeable vendors for crafting materials.
    There really isn't as much of a point in using the crafting stations in housing vs. PoK without the vendors for patterns, fuels, etc. also being available. And adding a depot allows guildmates to pool resources.
  17. Balthozzar Elder

Now that the drop rates for Words, Pages, and Runes have been increased to help people trying to up their research skills past 300 by learning all of those old recipes, could the same be done for basically all other crafting drops in the old world? Particularly, I'm thinking of expansions through PoP. I spent about an hour obliterating everything in PoFire last night. I got a fair amount of some drops, but only a few of others that I'll still need a couple hundred of. I'm not looking forward to that much time spent farming crafting drops.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This was really just a method to encourage every raid group to have a Druid so they have a use porting out after a wipe since they don’t seem to want to address the Druid issues with single heals having linked recast timers, long cast time on group heal and long recast time on our group heal, ice Debuff not being merged yet, Blessing of Ro not having skin to plant merged in, reptile having stacking conflict with Paladin preservation line, etc.

Now Druids are required to port everyone out in a wipe fail!
  19. Gana Augur

But their port has to be faster than a wizard so they can finally be better than another class at something!
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't trust housing not to eat them, I've had my house eat stuff too many times, to risk putting anything there that I use regularaly!

And anyway how would I then be able to raid while wealding a rolling pin!? LOL