Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

A Heroic Tutorial would be a very interesting idea... but it should be coupled with an increase to level 100 on Heroic toons.
  2. Bamboompow Augur

There are usually not enough live healers around to keep everyone happy, so many players are used to just popping a merc and going rather than trying to find a live healer once the live healers at any given time are gainfully employed. Also, if someone is doing tradeskill farming, molo in years old content or something trivial, a real healer is overkill. If we are talking raid guilds, than the majority of live healers will raid and then log. Many also have a set clique they run with.

Whomever is blaming a live healer for their having to struggle to find a group is over simplifying a complex issue when not all the information is present. ANYONE who logs in when everyone else is already established in what they are going to do for the evening is going to be benched. This game is East Coast USA centric which means there really is only 1 time zone anything gets done in.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Weapon Affinity AA for caster Sympathetic procs. Dunno if the normal Weapon Affinity would unction or if you need a new AA explicitly for sympathetic procs. But that would be neat.
    Axxius and kizant like this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

How about expansion #26
    Everquest: The Lost Zones
    Any zones that were previously started, but never completed, from ANY expansion.
    Robnie and Jondalar like this.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

The final raid boss is in the Secret Cat Room.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Axxius like this.
  6. Password1234 Augur

[IMG]
  7. DeseanJackson Augur

Activate the portal in the Umbral Plains cave, and other such unused portals across the Classic-Luclin expanse.
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I always felt like akheva ruins should have been an entry into a harder zone.... or several harder zones really. could easily play on the shadow theme and ramp it up for 110+.... WTB a shadow dragon raid!
    I would personally like a return to the sleeper's tomb, plane of mischief/growth... HH skyshrine! maybe an encounter with veeshan! (I like dragons and gods....sue me)…

oh, and nerf lisard.... make it so all he can do is throw things, but don't improve throwing.
    tyrantula and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

They sold how many lifetime subscriptions? Rolling in the cash NOW and probably for the last time ever.

You'd think they'd put on quite the show for us? And leave the level increase for next year when they've got 1/3 the staff and an Excel spreadsheet can do most the work.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Especially if they take us to Norraths other moon!
    Diptera likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Pretty sure the cash raised was for use elsewhere and not EQ.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. kizant Augur

Just because a company has a small increase in sales doesn't mean they can afford to hire a bunch of temporary employees out of nowhere to 'put on a show' for you. Forget the fact that you can't just hire someone off the street and expect them to fully contribute right away. The people they've lost in the past most likely moved on to other work. Anyone else is going to need a few months at a minimum to really come up to speed on anything.
  13. Me2Hurt New Member

Create the "Paleric" class.

Re-Build Clerics and Paladins. Make them into one class... with the ability to refund AA's.
    The death of raiding is the cleric... So ... the solution would be to make more clerics right? Just ... no one wants to play a cleric. You end up with this ubber character who cant do anything but heal. No Thanks.

Solution - merge Clerics and Paladins with the ability to refund AA every X hours ( I would think 8 would work ). AA would need a save / load feature for this "Paleric" class.

*While in Cleric mode, user would not be able to use a 2hs / 2hp weapon. And would have standard cleric attack and so on.
  14. Tuco Augur

To keep this balanced, make clerics heal as well as druids and shamans.
  15. Cadira Augur

I already threw these ideas out in a "Make clerics good again" thread in priest section but here they are again.

Clerics are boring af to play in group game and even in raid game to most people but they are a necessity.

Simple solution, is make them do decent dps (75k-100k sustained? -- still a joke compared to any dps or tank class) and give us a "slay undead" type proc that our weapons can do similar to paladins to do like 200k on undead (suggesting were not putting much time into healing or are a boss at multitasking). This would make clerics fun to play in a group setting imo. Iirc, we used to do pretty ok with melee at lower levels so why not current day? I do like 45k dps when meleeing, casting, with Avatar up. Raid weapons/focus etc.

Make sure druids/shaman are still above our non undead dps of course. And fix druids healing while you're at it, spammable group heal, take heals of the same line off same timer, etc.

And for the love of God don't forget to put plenty of undead in next expac.
    tyrantula and Allayna like this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

I wish to know how much longer the game will be around, as in how many more expansions are going to come out. One? Two? Another 10-20 years worth?

I know no one is ever going to specifically answer that question until a few months before the sunset announcement eventually happens. But for me, that is what I wish...
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  17. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

The trial of corruption the npcs functioned VERY poorly even in era.
  18. Ezbro Elder

AA for bst to permanently look like their warder?
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Allayna Augur

Persistent Shrink AA - Allows you to remained shrunk, persists through zoning. Toggle on / off.
    Greymantle, Winnowyl, Axxius and 5 others like this.
  20. Allayna Augur

14th spell gem that has been coded since at least RoS.
    Kinadorm and Axxius like this.